无聊时光
Wet weekend
Hello.
大家好。
I'm Feifei and this is The English We Speak.
我是菲菲,欢迎收听地道英语。
… and hello, it's Rob here.
……大家好,我是罗布。
Good weekend Feifei?
周末过得不错吧,菲菲?
Amazing –
棒极了——
the weather was great so I went on a trip to the seaside.
天气很好,我去海边旅行了。
And you were going camping weren't you?
你去野营了对吧?
I was but it turned out to be a bit of a wet weekend.
是很好,但后来就有点变成了“湿漉漉的周末”。
Oh no, you mean it rained?
噢不,你是说下雨了?
That's unlucky, the sun was out all weekend here.
那真是太不幸了,这里整个周末都出太阳了。
Oh well the weather was fine –
噢,天气还是很好的,
but I didn't go.
但我没去。
The car broke down again so I stayed at home, doing DIY all weekend –
车又坏了,所以我待在家里,整个周末都在自己做手工,
boring!
太无聊了!
So a wet weekend doesn't have to involve rain?
所以“湿漉漉的周末”跟雨没有关系咯?
Nope.
没有。
A wet weekend means a boring and disappointing time.
“湿漉漉的周末”就是说无聊且令人扫兴的时光。
And it doesn't have to be at the weekend either?
那它也不一定指在周末吧?
Correct.
对。
This phrase just means the situation is boring just like a wet weekend is.
这个短语是指很无聊的情形,就像“湿漉漉的周末”一样。
You can also use the expression to describe boring people.
你也可以用这个短语来描述无聊的人。
Here are some examples…
这里有一些例子……
That was a wet weekend,
真是太令人扫兴了,
my friends were coming to stay but cancelled at the last minute.
我朋友本来要来住,但却在最后一刻取消了。
My cousin's a bit of a wet weekend,
我表哥有一点无聊,
he's got no personality and nothing to say.
他没有个性,也没有什么可说的。
I had to do my accounts yesterday –
昨天我不得不算账,
it was like a wet weekend in a paint factory!
这就像在油漆厂一样无聊!
So a wet weekend describes a boring or disappointing experience or person.
所以“湿漉漉的周末”描述的是无聊或是令人扫兴的经历或人。
Well I'm glad to say that you're not a wet weekend Rob –
我很高兴说你并不是一个“无聊的人”,罗布——
I like your sense of adventure, so when are you going to go camping again?
我很喜欢你的冒险精神,那你什么时候再去野营呢?
Next weekend.
下周末。
Oh really.
噢真的吗。
Have you seen the weather forecast?
你看天气预报了吗?
No.
没有。
Rain all weekend…
整个周末都下雨……
Oh what's wrong?
噢怎么了?
You have a face like a wet weekend!
你的脸就像“湿漉漉的周末”一样!
A face like a wet weekend?
脸像“湿漉漉的周末”?
You mean I look unhappy?
你的意思是说我看上去不开心?
Well I'm not, if it rains, I'm coming round to yours for dinner!
好吧我是不开心,如果下雨的话,我会去拜访你,和你共进晚餐!
Oh no.
噢不要啊。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。