我这么做是有原因的
There's method to my madness
Hi everyone, I'm Li.
嗨,大家好。我是李。
Rob will be here in a few minutes
罗布几分钟后就到,
but while I'm waiting for him I must try to find my Travelcard.
但我在等他的时候,必须找到我的旅行卡。
I couldn't find it this morning.
我今天早上找不到它了。
I hope I haven't lost it.
希望我没有把它弄丢。
Hi Li, sorry I'm late.
嗨,李,对不起,我迟到了。
Li, what are you doing?
李,你在干嘛呢?
You've emptied your handbag all over the floor!
你把你手提包里的东西全倒在地板上了!
Oh, hi Rob, I wasn't expecting you to be here so soon.
噢,嗨,罗布,我没想到你这么快就到了。
Oh dear, this must look terrible,
哎呀,这看上去一定很恐怖,
but believe me, there's method to my madness.
但是相信我,我的疯狂是有方法的。
You've made a mess all over the floor
你乱糟糟的弄了一地板,
and you're telling me you've gone mad!
现在还告诉我你发疯了!
No, I haven't gone mad, well I hope not!
不是的,我没发疯,好吧,我希望没有!
The phrase 'there's method to my madness' means that
“我的疯狂是有方法的”,这句习语是说,
although what I'm doing looks like madness I'm doing it deliberately;
尽管我的所作所为看起来很疯狂,但其实我是故意这样做的;
I have a reason for doing it.
我这么做是有原因的。
I'm only joking Li.
我只是在开玩笑啦,李。
Of course I know this phrase.
我当然知道这句习语了。
There's method to my madness' or you could say 'there's method in my madness',
“我的疯狂是有方法的”或者你可以说“我的疯狂里有方法”,
means you are doing something that looks strange but you have a plan and really,
意思是虽然你在做一些看上去很奇怪的事情,但其实你是有计划的,
you are doing something very sensible.
并且你所做的事情真的非常明智。
Yes, that's exactly right.
对,完全正确。
I've emptied my handbag over the floor
我把手提包里的东西全部倒在地板上,
because it will be easier and quicker to find my Travelcard.
因为这样我的旅行卡找起来就更快、更容易了。
Then I'll re-pack my handbag.
然后我就会把这些东西重新装进我的手提包啦。
A good idea.
好主意。
That's the phrase for The English We Speak today.
这就是我们地道英语今天要学的习语。
Let's hear some examples of how it's used.
让我们来听几个例子,看看它是怎么用的吧。
I'm driving to my friend's house today
今天我要开车去朋友家,
but I'm going to take the long route,
但我打算走那条长些的路,
avoiding the motorway.
避开高速公路。
There's method to my madness,
这举动看似不可思议,但其实是有原因的,
I think the motorway will be very busy
我觉得高速公路交通一定会十分繁忙,
and the longer route will be quicker.
走较长的这条路会快一点。
What are you doing putting all the books on the floor?
你把所有的书都放在地板上是要干嘛?
There's method to my madness.
我这么做其实是有原因的。
I'm taking a photo of the books I'm putting away.
我要把这些书放起来,现在先给它们拍照。
The photos will help me locate the books more easily.
这些照片会使我以后更容易找到这些书在哪儿。
Oh, that's clever.
噢,这真是太聪明啦。
So Li, have you found your Travelcard?
那么,李,你找到你的旅行卡了吗?
Yes, it must have been at the bottom of my handbag.
嗯,刚刚我一定是把它放在手提包的底部了。
You see, there was method to my madness.
你看,我的举动虽然看似疯狂,但其实是有原因的。
Well done Li.
做得好,李。
Well, I'm going now.
嗯,我现在要走啦。
I'll leave you to tidy up your mess!
我不打扰你收拾这团乱糟糟的东西啦!
Thanks Rob.
谢谢你,罗布。
Bye everyone!
再见啦各位!
Bye!
再见!