少了点什么东西。
Something's missing
Hello again.
你好,又见面了。
At the offices of Tip Top Trading, things are a bit strange after Tom walked… stormed out in a huff after realizing that Anna was never going to marry him.
在一流贸易公司的办公室里,在汤姆意识到安娜不会嫁给他之后,便怒气冲冲地离开了,情况变得有点不对劲儿。
So Anna, I suppose you can get on with being the manager now?
那么,安娜,我想你现在是不是可以继续当你的经理了?
Yes, I suppose so.
我想是这样的。
But something’s not right.
但有点不对劲。
Well, you’ve lost a valuable member of your team.
不过,你的团队失去了一位有价值的成员。
I know, and a good friend too.
我知道,同时失去了他这个好朋友。
Well, you’re the boss now- it’s time to deal with the situation and get down to business.
不过,你现在是老板了,是时候处理现状,投入工作了。
Tell the team you’ll be finding a replacement for Tom and you’re going to make some changes in the office.
告诉团队成员,你会找一个人代替汤姆,并且会给办公室做一些改变。
You could also say you want to turn the business around and make it really successful.
你也可以说,你想把业务扭转过来,使它变得更成功。
OK, thanks.
好的,谢谢。
(To the team) Excuse me everyone, could we gather round for a quick meeting please.
(对团队成员)打扰了,各位。请大家聚在一起,我们开一个短会。
Oh, it’s just you now Denise.
噢,现在是你了,丹尼斯。
Right, well, I need to get down to business so I’ll advertising for a replacement for Tom today-
是的,好了,现在要做些正经事,我今天要登广告招聘替换汤姆的人。
In fact Denise, you might be interested in that?
老实说,丹尼斯,你会对那件事情有兴趣吗?
And I want to make some changes in the office.
同时,我想对办公室做出一些改变。
I need to turn this business round and (starting to sound unsure)… make it the world’s leading plastic fruit production company and … I’m… keen to hear… your ideas.
我需要使业务扭转(语气开始变得不确定)......把公司做成世界领先的塑料水果生产公司。我渴望听到你们的意见。
Is everything alright?
一切都还好吗?
Err… I can’t stop thinking about Tom.
呃......我没有办法不去想汤姆。
He seemed so upset when he left and…
他离开的时候看上去很沮丧,并且......
It’s not the same without him around.
他不在,一切都不一样了。
He made me laugh and… I miss his floppy hair.
他总是能让我笑,我想念他那蓬松的头发。
Anna, it’s time to swallow your pride!
安娜,是时候放下你的自尊心了。
Swallow what?
放下什么?
Admit you are wrong- be honest with yourself and follow your heart- go and marry Tom!
承认你错了吧,对你自己诚实点,跟随你的内心,去和汤姆结婚吧。
(Aside) Although personally, I don’t know what you see in him.
(旁边)虽然就我个人而言,我不知道你看上他什么了。
You’re right!
你是对的。
Why didn’t I see it?
我之前为什么不明白呢?
Tom is the man for me-
汤姆是最适合我的男人。
(urgently) I must call him and find out where he is (dials phone)…
(迫切地)我必须给他打电话,弄清楚他在哪(拨电话)......
oh no, his phone’s switched off.
噢,不,他的电话关机了。
Where can I find him?
我去哪能找到他?
Hey Anna.
嗨,安娜。
You looking for Tom?
你在找汤姆吗?
Yes Mr. Ingle, I am.
是的,英格尔先生,我在找他。
I saw him a while ago, in a real rage, getting into a taxi.
不久前我看到他了,他非常愤怒,上了一辆出租车。
He told me he’d booked a flight to Australia and was heading for the airport.
他告诉我,他预定了一趟去澳大利亚的航班,现在正在去往飞机场的路上。
He said something about being a ‘free spirit’.
他说了一些话,是关于做一个“无拘无束的人”。
Struth! Tom really is going too far- to the other end of the world in fact.
施特鲁特!汤姆真的要走很远了,实际上是去往世界的另一边。
Does this mean we’ll never hear from Tom again?
这意味着我们将永远听不到汤姆的消息了吗?
For now, let’s remind ourselves of some of the phrases Anna used to deal with a difficult situation:
现在,让我们回忆一下安娜过去处理困境时用到的一些短语。
I’ll be advertising for a replacement for Tom today
我今天要登广告招聘替换汤姆的人。
I want to make some changes in the office
我想对办公室做出一些改变。
I need to turn this business round
我需要使业务扭转过来。
I’m keen to hear your ideas
我渴望听到你们的意见。
but work can wait.
但是工作可以延迟一下。
I’ve got to get to the airport quickly before Tom gets on that flight.
我要在汤姆登上那趟航班之前快点赶到机场。
Taxi! Taxi!
出租车!出租车!
This is going to be interesting!
这将会很有趣!