交易取消
The deal is off!
Welcome back to Tip Top Trading where things aren't going too well. Anna negotiated a deal with a client in France but now they claim they've been ripped off! This has got to get sorted – quickly.
欢迎回来顶级贸易公司,情况不是很顺利。Anna和一位法国客户谈好了交易,可是现在他们说他们受到了欺骗!这件事需要得到解决。
Oh Denise, what exactly did they say?
噢,Denise,他们具体原话怎么说的?
Something about them agreeing a price for 5,000 lemons and then being offered a better price by another company.
什么他们答应了5000个柠檬的价格,然后又收到另一家公司提供更低的价格。
That'll be Tutti Fruity – they want our business.
肯定是Tutti Fruity——他们想抢咱们的生意。
Sounds like they're going to get it, unless you sort it out. Maybe you should work out some new figures.
听起来他们势在必得啊,除非你来解决。或许你能算出新的数字。
Figures? Is there something wrong with my figure – am I too fat?
身材?我身材怎么了?我很胖吗?
No Anna! Your numbers – work out a new price, see if you can squeeze the price of lemons – maybe you can price Tutti Fruity out of the market.
不是Anna!你的数据——计算一个新的价格,看看你能不能把柠檬的价格再压低一点——这样你可以用价格把Tutti Fruity赶出市场。
Hmm, somebody else has said that.
嗯嗯,有人也这么说过呢。
Yes it was me Anna! Do your calculations, see if you can offer a better deal and price Tutti Fruity out of the market.
是我说的,Anna!进行计算,看看你能不能提供一个更合适的合同,用价格把Tutti Fruity公司赶出市场。
OK. I could sell them cheaper but there would be less profit.
好的。我可以卖他们便宜些,可是这样就会少很多利润。
Well, less profit is better than no profit. And who knows, if this goes well, it might lead to more contracts. But it's down to you now to make that call.
没事,少利润好过没有利润。还有谁知道,如果进展顺利的话,它可能会带来更多的合同。现在到你打电话做决定的时候了。
But what am I going to say?
可是我应该说什么么?
Be friendly and say… I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with our price.
友好点,说,很抱歉我听说您对我们的价格不满意。
Tell them Tip Top Trading prides itself on quality products and good value for money.
告诉他们,顶级贸易公司一向为自己产品的质量感到很骄傲,物超所值。
And flatter them and say they are a valued customer and their business is very important to us.
然后取悦他们说,他们是很重要的客户。他们的生意对公司是很重要的。
And what shall I say about the price?
那我要怎么说价格的事?
Tell them you can match the price of our competitors.
就说你能给到我们对手公司一样的价格。
Match the price. Right. Thanks. OK, I had better call them.
一样的价格。好的,谢谢。好,我应该打过去了。
Bonjour. Fruit Traders International.
你好,这里是国际水果贸易公司。
Oh, erm, hello, is that Monsieur Brown?
你好,请问是Monsieur Brown?
Oui. Yes.
是的。
This is Anna… from Tip Top Trading. I was sorry to receive your message.
我是顶级贸易公司的Anna。收到您的信息,我深表歉意。
Yes, well. I thought we were doing good business and then another company called me and offered me a much better deal.
是的,我以为我们在好好地谈生意,另一家公司打电话给我,还给出了一个更低的价格。
Yes, I understand. I’m sorry to hear you're not happy with our price… but hopefully we can sort something out?
是的,我明白。您对我们的价格不满意,我深表歉意,但是我希望我们可以一起把问题解决?
Oh yes?
怎么解决?
You are a valued customer and your business is very important to us… and we would love to see our Imperial Lemons on display in the restaurants and shops of France.
您是我们很重要的一位客户,和您做生意对于我们来说很重要。我们非常想看到我们的帝国柠檬能在发过的饭店商场展示出来。
That's a nice touch Anna, well done!
这是很好的触动点,Anna,干得好!
So?
然后呢?
So, I've done some calculations and we can offer you a better price.
所以,我做了一些计算,然后我们能给您一个更低的价格。
But Tutti Fruity can offer us a good price.
可是Tutti Fruity就能给我好的价格。
I'm sure they can but… we… we…
我知道他们可以,不过我们,我们……
Yes Anna?
什么?
…at Tip Top Trading we pride ourselves on quality products and good value and I think we can match Tutti Fruity's price… in fact I know we can beat it.
顶级贸易公司引以为豪的是优质的产品,物超所值。我想我们能给到和Tutti Fruity一样的价格,实际上,我知道我们可以胜任它。
I see. That's good to hear but…
我知道。很高兴听到你这么说,可是……
We'll give you an extra 10% discount – but obviously we would like you to make a bigger order.
我们还会给你额外10%的折扣——但是我们也希望您能扩大订单量。
Oh, a bigger order. I will have to have a think about this.
噢,大的订单。我得好好考虑一下这个。
Yes, of course, but please let me know as soon as you can before someone else snaps up this offer. Merci. Au revoir.
那是的,但是请尽快让我们知道您的决定,以免被别人抢走这份订单。
Ah, merci, au revoir.
谢谢,再见。
Excellent work Anna! I can see why she's got the job now. But will her sales tactics pay off?
干得漂亮,Anna!我知道为什么她能得到这份工作了。可是她的销售策略能有效吗?
Let's remind ourselves of some of the great lines that Anna used in trying to resolve a tricky sales deal…
让我们回顾一下,Anna用来解决棘手销售订单时用的句子:
I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with our price.
您对我们的价格不满意,我深表歉意。
Tip Top Trading prides itself on quality products and good value for money. You are a valued customer and your business is very important to us.
顶级贸易公司一向为自己产品的质量感到很骄傲,物超所值。您是我们很重要的一位客户,和您做生意对于我们来说很重要。
We can match the price of our competitors.
我们能给到和我们对手公司一样的价格。
Well done Anna. It looks like you may have saved that deal.
干得漂亮,Anna。看起来你可能已经解决了这个单子。
Saved the deal? Is there a problem?
拯救这个单子?有什么问题吗?
Well, Tutti Fruity has tried to undercut our price but I think I may have saved the deal we had with International Fruit Traders in France.
Tutti Fruity公司想要削减我们的价格,不过我认为我应该谈拢了和法国国际水果贸易公司的订单。
Yes, Anna offered a lower price for a bigger order and they're having a think about it.
是的,Anna用一个更低的价格换来了一个大订单,而且他们在认真地考虑。
Crumbs. If the deal's not complete I think you need to get out to France and seal the deal. I want you and Tom to fly out there as soon as possible and do some schmoozing.
天啊,如果订单没有谈成的话,我想你需要去一趟法国去签下这个单子。我想让你和Tom尽快飞往那里,和他们好好商谈一下。
Oh! You and Tom hey?
噢,你和Tom哦?
That's enough Denise! This should be fun. Find out what happens next time on English at Work. Bye.
别打趣了Denise!应该会很有意思。下周再来看看发生了什么。