危机
The crisis
Here we are again at Tip Top Trading, where Anna’s interview for a sales job has been suddenly interrupted.
欢迎再次来到职场英语,上期讲到Anna的销售面试被突然打断。
Office assistant Denise has entered the room, looking very worried.
办公室助理Denise进入房间,一脸焦虑。
What’s wrong? And will Anna have any suggestions that might help?
发生什么事情了?Anna能提出有帮助的建议吗?
I don’t know what to do!
我不知道怎么办!
So what’s the matter Denise?
怎么了,Denise?
You know the PowerPoint presentation?
你知道幻灯片演示文稿吧?
The one we’ve been preparing for the last two months?
是过去两个月一直准备的那个吗?
Yes.
没错。
The one that’s very, very important and that we need this afternoon?
非常非常重要,下午要用的那个?
That one.
正是。
Aha.
嗯,怎么了?
We’ve lost everything!
全都丢了!
No!
不是吧!
I had it on a USB stick, to transfer it, but the stick has vanished!
我把它放在U盘里打算转移,可U盘不见了!
Right Anna, now is your chance to help them find solutions to the problem. You’ll need phrases like:
好了,Anna,帮助他们解决问题的机会到了。你可能用到以下短语:
Can I make a suggestion?
我能提个建议吗?
Why don’t you...?
你为何不。。。?
Have you tried...?
你试过。。。吗?
Maybe we could...?
或许我们可以。。。
How about...?
。。。怎么样?
I have an idea!
我有主意了!
But don’t you have it saved on your computer?
你没把它存电脑上吗?
No, it was taking up a lot of space, so I deleted it.
没有,太占空间,所以我把它删了。
So you have lost the only copy we have.
也就是说,你把唯一一份文件弄丢了?
Yes.
是的。
What idiots! I’ve never seen such a disorganised office. Go on, you’d better help them, Anna.
真是个笨蛋!我从没见过如此混乱的办公室。加油,Anna,你最好帮他们一下。
Can I make a suggestion?
我能提个建议吗?
Yes, please do!
当然可以,你说!
Why don’t you try looking in your recycle bin? It might still be there.
你为何不检查下回收站呢?或许那里可以找到。
I did. It isn’t.
我找了,没有。
Have you tried asking your colleagues if they’ve seen the memory stick?
那你问问同事,看他们见到U盘没?
I did. They haven’t.
我问过了,都没见到。
How about looking through your rubbish bin to see if you threw it away by mistake?
唉,你可以看看垃圾桶,没准你无意扔掉了呢?
(getting shirty) I don’t do silly things like that!
(生气地)我才不会做那样的蠢事!
All very sensible suggestions Anna, thank you.
Anna,所有的建议都很明智,谢谢你。
Maybe I could do a big office search for you...? I’m good at finding things.
或许,我可以为你们做个办公室调查?我很擅长找东西的。
There are confidential documents in this office – non-staff are not allowed to see them.
办公室里都是机密文件,菲员工是不可以看的。
Now, now Denise. Why don’t you drink up that nice tea?
好了,Denise。来喝杯好茶吧?
I have an idea! Did you ever email the presentation to anyone?
啊,我知道了!你给别人发过演示文稿没?
Golly gosh, you did Denise! You emailed it to me to proof-read.
苍天,你发过,Denise!你让我校对过。
It’ll be in my inbox somewhere. Good thinking Anna!
肯定在我邮箱里。好想法,Anna!
I was just about to suggest that myself.
我刚刚也要这样建议的。
Problem solved. Thank you Anna!
好了,问题解决了,谢谢你,Anna!
Pleasure.
不客气。
Well done Anna!
做的好,Anna!
Right, now please leave us Denise. Anna and I will continue our interview. Would you like a biscuit Anna?
Denise,麻烦你出去一下。我和Anna还要继续面试。来块饼干不,Anna?
Thank you. Oh, what’s that?
谢谢。哦,那是什么?
Oh golly gosh, the USB stick! It was mixed in with the plate of biscuits that Denise brought in.
哦,苍天,是U盘!它竟然和Denise送来的饼干混在一起。
It’s wet!
都湿了。
Yes, I think maybe I stirred my tea with it at one point. Oh well. Now, where were we...?
是啊,没准我刚刚用它搅茶了。对了,我们说到哪来着?
My goodness, it’s 11 o’clock! I have a meeting right now! I’m afraid I’m going to have to go.
天哪,都11点了!我还有个个会!恐怕现在就得走。
But I’ve made up my mind about you anyway. I suppose you’d like to know if you’ve got the job?
不过对于你的工作我已经有想法了。你也想知道能否得到它吧?
Yes please!
当然,请告诉我吧。
Ah - Stop right there! I’m sure everybody would like to know if Anna’s got the job
啊,等下,先别说!大家也想知道Anna能否获得工作吧?
but everybody’s going to have to wait until we’ve heard her helpful phrases once again:
不过要等下哦,还是先来听听她助人时用到的短语吧。
Can I make a suggestion?
我能提个建议吗?
Why don’t you try looking in your recycle bin?
你为何不检查下回收站呢?
Have you tried asking your colleagues if they’ve seen the memory stick?
那你问问同事,看他们见到U盘没?
How about...?
。。。怎么样呢?
Maybe I could do a big office search for you...?
或许我可以为你们做个办公室调查。。。
How about looking through your rubbish bin...?
翻翻垃圾箱怎样?
I have an idea!
我知道了!
Anna, we need someone who can think on her feet and who is a first-rate people person.
Anna,我们需要一位反应迅速、尽善尽美的员工。
Someone who sees solutions, not problems... someone like you! So if you want the job, it’s yours!
我希望她看到方法,而非问题。你就可以!所以如果你想获得这份工作,那么它现在就是你的了!
Ah, now think carefully Anna – do you really want to work for these people? They seem a bit... disorganised.
你要好好想想啊,Anna。你真的想为这些人工作吗?他们好像有点。。。混乱唉。
I would definitely like the job! Thank you!
我非常喜欢这份工作,谢谢你!
So be it. Join us again next week for Anna’s first day as a sales executive at Tip Top Trading.
呵呵,诚信所愿!记得收听下一期职场英语,看看Anna在顶级贸易公司的首日工作哦~