引言
Introduction
Hi I’m Neil. Thanks for joining me on English at Work.
大家好,我是Neil。欢迎收听职场英语。
a new series of programmes set in an office, full of top tips to help you learn some useful business language which you could use in the workplace.
这是一款全新节目,它以办公室为场景,讲述各种有用技巧,可助您学习商务语言并用于工作场所。
In the next few minutes you can join me on an introductory tour around one of London’s biggest imitation plastic fruit manufacturers, called Tip Top Trading.
接下来的几分钟,您将和我一起去了解伦敦最大塑料水果制造商——顶级贸易公司的概况。
We’re going to hear from some of the employees that work so hard to keep the business running smoothly.
这里的员工努力工作,商业正常运转。走,听听他们的对话去。
So come on then! Let’s step into the office and eavesdrop on Tip Top Trading’s possible newest recruit.
还等什么?快跟上!让我们走进办公室,偷听下待定员工的话语。
I say 'possible’ because she is still being interviewed for the job of Sales Executive…
待定?没错,因为她正在应试销售主管的工作呢。
Firstly, this job is an ideal match for my skills and experience: I’ve spent several years working in sales and I get on with people easily.
首先,我的技巧与经验足可胜任此份工作。我曾做过几年销售,并且容易与人相处。
Well, I mean, apart from the ones I don’t like of course!
当然,要除去那些我不喜欢的人!
Secondly, I know Tip Top Trading is one of the fastest-growing companies in London, and I want to be part of that.
其次,我知道顶级贸易公司是伦敦发展最快的公司之一,因此我想成为其一员。
That’s absolutely right. Tip Top Trading is the fastest-growing company in the plastic fruits sector.
没错。我们是塑料水果业里发展最快的公司。
Well said, Anna! If she gets that job I’m sure she’ll be an asset to the company.
说的好,Anna!若能得到此工作,我想她一定会成为公司资产。
The decision is in the hands of Manager, Paul, who we heard there.
决定权掌握在经理Paul手中。
He’s a nice guy really, a little disorganised, but when things go wrong he’s got to take charge…a bit like this…
他其实是个好人,就是有点组织混乱。一旦事情出错,处理起来就像。。。
Yesterday was not a great day. Two clients came in with serious complaints.
昨天情况不太好。共有两名客户前来投诉。
Mrs Kumquat received a delivery of imitation bananas that were purple – not very convincing, and Mr Lime ordered grapefruits, but got pineapples. Tom!
一位是Kumquat太太,她说自己收到箱紫香蕉;另一位是Lime先生,他明明订的葡萄柚,不是菠萝。Tom!
Yeah, listen…
在,我听着呢。
Were you responsible for these errors?
你不该为这些错误负责吗?
Well... yes, but -
呃,应该,可是。。
Look, mistakes happen. But it seems that Mrs Kumquat left our offices even angrier than when she came in and she says she will never use Tip Top Trading again!
错误已经发生。你看Kumquat太太走时比来时还生气,她说再也不会用顶级贸易公司的产品了!
I tried my best.
可我已经尽力了。
Hmmm.
恩。
Ah yes, Tom! I hadn’t warned you about Tom, one of the company’s top Sales Executives – he’s good…
啊,对了,还没和大家介绍Tom呢!他是公司的顶级销售主管,他很好。。
(on phone) Tom speaking. Yah! Frankie! So what’s the latest, are we on?
(打电话中)你好,我是Tom。啊,Frankie!最近咋样?
…. but his interpersonal skills need working on. Listen to this!
却需培养人际交往技能。听听下面这段话!
My computer has crashed. I’ve lost my phone. And there’s a big, BIG problem with my timetable.
我电脑死了,手机丢了,时间表出了大问题。
I’ve have two meetings scheduled at the same time with two extremely important clients. I can’t do them both at once!
还安排我同时会见两名非常重要的客户!啊,我可做不到!
See what I mean! Now, every office needs a good office assistant – and Tip Top Trading is no exception.
明白我的意思了吧?哦,对了,每个办公室都要有名优秀助理,顶级贸易公司也不例外。
It’s got Denise, who’s there to assist, organise and sometimes make the tea…..
她就是Denise,主要从事组织协调工作,有时也会沏沏茶。
Oh sorry excuse me, here’s your tea Paul.
打扰一下,Paul,这是你的茶。
Thanks Denise.
谢谢你,Denise。
But goodness! She likes to talk…
但苍天!她太爱讲话了。。。
Really! 'Denise do this! Denise do that!’ I’m telling you Sharon, I’ve almost had enough!
真的?!呵,‘Denise,做这个;Denise做那个’。我告诉你Sharon,我受够了!
I get treated like I’m some kind of servant!
别再拿我像仆人一样对待!
That’s Denise! I think we’ll just leave the office now and let them get on with their work (Door closes)
这就是Denise!好了,我们还是离开办公室,让他们继续工作吧。(关上门)
So that’s Tip Top Trading. There are plenty of other people we’ll meet along the way – so go on
以上就是顶级贸易公司,以后节目中我们还会遇见很多人。所以,要坚持哦~
why don’t you join me for English at Work from bbclearningenglish.com. See ya!
别忘了收听下期职场英语,拜拜~