负面刷屏
Doomscrolling
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak.
您好,欢迎收听地道英语。
I'm Feifei… err Rob, could we have your attention please?
我是菲菲…罗伯,请你注意一下好吗?
… oh sorry, Feifei, I was just looking at the news on my smartphone.
…哦,对不起,菲菲,我只是在手机上刷新闻。
Now is not the time to be looking at the news – we are presenting a programme.
现在不是看新闻的时候--我们正在录制节目。
I know, but there's so much news to look at and it's all very very…
我知道,但是有很多新闻要看,而且都是非常非常…
…depressing? Yes, there has been a lot of depressing news recently,
…郁闷?是的,最近有很多令人沮丧的消息,
but you seem addicted to it.
但你似乎对它上瘾了。
Look at this! Did you know we are all going to die… some day?
看看这个!你知道我们都会死吗…在某一天?
Enough doomscrolling, Rob!
够了,罗伯!停止doomscrolling
What's that?
什么意思?
"Doomscrolling" describes continuously scrolling through endless bad news stories on your smartphone app,
“Doomscrolling”是指不断滚动的无穷无尽的坏消息,在你手机应用里,
on social media or on the internet.
在社交媒体上或互联网上。
It happens a lot during the coronavirus pandemic.
它在新冠肺炎大流行期间很常见。
And you're obsessed, Rob – you just can't stop reading information that depresses you.
你被迷住了,罗伯-你控制不住自己一直阅读那些让你沮丧的信息。
OK, OK – I'll try to find some more positive news while we hear some examples…
好吧,好吧-我会尽量找一些更积极的消息,同时来听几个例子…
I've been doomscrolling too much and read so much information about coronavirus that I can't sleep at night.
我读了太多关于冠状病毒的信息,以至于晚上睡不着觉。
Stop doomscrolling! If you read too much bad news you'll get depressed.
停止负面刷屏!如果你读太多坏消息,你会沮丧的。
My brother does too much doomsurfing –
我哥哥一直在网上负面冲浪,
he loves to tell us the latest gloom and doom in the world, so we've stopped listening to him!
他喜欢告诉我们世界上最近的厄运,所以我们已经不再听他的话了!
This is The English We Speak from BBC Learning English,
这里是BBC地道英语,
and we're talking about doomscrolling – also called doomsurfing.
我们在谈论的是负面刷屏,也叫作负面冲浪。
That's endlessly looking at depressing news stories on your smartphone app, on social media or the internet.
意思是你在智能手机应用、社交媒体或互联网上,没完没了地看到令人沮丧的新闻故事,
I think it's time we had some good news stories, Rob.
我想是时候听一些好消息了,罗伯。
Yes – and I think I've got one.
是的——我有一个。
Look, a kitten that went missing has been found…
看,一只失踪的小猫被找到了。
Sweet!
真好!
… and look at this – new research says biscuits don't make you fat… and this story…
…看看这个新研究表明饼干不会让你变胖…还有这个…
OK, Rob. Is there a word for endlessly looking at good news stories?
好吧,罗伯。有描述无休止地刷好消息的词吗?
Joyscrolling? Happyscrolling?
欢乐刷屏?快乐刷屏?
Well, it's good to see you smiling again.
很高兴看到你又笑了。
Well we all need something to smile about after the events of this year.
嗯,经历过今年的事情之后,我们都需要能让大家微笑的消息。
I agree. Bye.
我也觉得。再见。
Bye bye.
拜拜。