压力很大
The heat is on
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak.
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语。
In this programme we have an expression which you can use when you are under a lot of pressure.
在今天的节目里,我们会教大家一个表达方式,你可以在压力很大时用到它。
I'm Neil and joining me is Feifei.
我是尼尔,今天和我一起的是菲菲。
Hello.
大家好。
Feifei, if you don't mind me saying, you're looking a little… informal today.
菲菲,如果你不介意我这么说的话,你今天看上去有一点……不正式。
Well it's true I wouldn't normally come to work in my beachwear but you did warn me about the temperature.
我通常确实不会穿着沙滩装来上班,但你可是警告过我这个气温了啊。
The temperature?
气温?
To be honest the temperature feels pretty normal in here today and…
说实话,今天这里的气温感觉还是很正常的而且……
well, no one else is wearing a bikini.
其他人没有一个穿比基尼的。
So why did you text me to say, 'Just to warn you, the heat is on'?
那你为什么给我发短信说,“就是想提醒你一下,高温就要来了”?
Ahhh I see.
啊我明白了。
I meant that we've got to record and publish the programme by midday –
我的意思是到中午的时候,我们必须录制并且发布这一期的节目,
so we're under pressure to get it done.
所以把这件事情做完,我们是有很大压力的。
The expression 'the heat is on' is not actually connected to the temperature…
“压力很大”这个表达方式实际上和温度无关……
Sorry.
抱歉。
Right.
对。
OK.
好了。
Let's hear some examples while I wrap myself in a towel:
在我用毛巾把自己裹起来的时候,让我们来听几个例子吧。
The deadline's tomorrow and we haven't even started!
明天就是截止日期了,但我们甚至还没开始!
The heat's really on now.
现在的压力真的是很大了。
The heat is on for United.
华盛顿联队现在的压力很大。
If they don't win their last 5 matches they'll lose their place in the Premier League.
如果他们赢不了最后5场比赛,就会丧失在超级联赛中的地位。
So, 'the heat is on' is an expression you can use to describe a high-pressure situation.
所以,你可以用“压力很大”这个短语来描述一个高度压力的状况。
Yes and the heat might really be on for you now, Feifei.
是的,但是现在对你来说,应该真的是压力很大吧,菲菲。
What do you mean?
什么意思啊?
Well, swimwear is against the office dress code.
泳装违反了办公室着装规范。
Look out!
小心!
Here come the BBC fashion police.
BBC的时尚警察来了。
Quick –
快,
throw me my flip flops and I'll run!
把我的人字拖扔给我,我要跑!
Off you go.
你走吧。
Bye!
再见!