想法不切实际
La-la land
Hello, I'm Rob…
大家好,我是罗布……
…and I'm Feifei and this is The English We Speak.
……我是菲菲,欢迎收听地道英语。
Feifei, you've travelled all over the world but have you ever been to la-la land?
菲菲,你环游过全世界,但你去过爱乐之城吗?
Ha – you mean Los Angeles – the city of angels.
哈,你是说洛杉矶,天使之城。
It's an amazing place, full of film stars!
那是个很棒的地方,有许多电影明星!
Sounds great and you're very clever –
听上去很棒啊,你也非常聪明,
la-la land is the informal name for Los Angeles…
爱乐之城是洛杉矶的非正式名称……
but there is another la-la land.
但还有另外一种爱乐之城。
And where is this other la-la land?
那另外一座爱乐之城在哪里呢?
It's usually in someone's head!
通常在某个人的脑袋里!
Like our boss –
比如我们老板,
he wants me to write all these scripts, edit them and make him a cup of tea – by the end of the day.
他想让我在这天结束的时候,把所有稿子都写出来,把它们都编辑好,再给他泡杯茶。
He really is living in la-la land!
他可真是生活在爱乐之城里啊。
Our boss is living in la-la land –
我们老板住在爱乐之城,
but the last time I checked he was living in London!
但上次我看他还住在伦敦啊!
Well Feifei, if someone is living in la-la land
菲菲,如果一个人住在爱乐之城,
it can also mean they are in a fantasy world where they believe impossible things might happen –
也表示他们住在一个幻想世界中,在那里,他们相信不可能的事情会发生。
but they are being unreasonable and not being realistic.
但他们是不理智的,也是不切实际的。
Just like our boss.
就像我们老板。
Someone in la-la land doesn't really understand how things really are –
生活在幻想之都的人不了解事情本来是什么样子的,
take a listen to these examples…
听一下这些例子吧……
She's clearly living in la-la land –
很明显,她的想法不切实际,
how can we ever afford to buy a house with the little money we earn?
我们挣这么点钱,怎么能买得起房子呢?
My boyfriend's living in la-la land if he thinks I'm going sailing with him –
如果我男朋友觉得我会和他一起去航行的话,那他可真是不切实际,
I get seasick!
我晕船啊!
That's la-la land –
那个“爱乐之城”,
a phrase to describe someone who is unreasonable or out of touch with reality.
是用来描述某人不理智或脱离现实的短语。
I know the feeling –
我知道那种感觉——
I've got lots of work to do too and I'm going on holiday tomorrow…
我也有许多工作要做,可我明天就要去度假了……
I don't suppose you could help me?
我觉得你不会帮我对吧?
Feifei you really are living in la-la land –
菲菲,你真是不切实际,
I've told you I haven't got any time.
我都告诉过你了,我一点时间都没有。
Ah well, I just thought I'd ask.
好嘛,我只是想问问嘛。
Anyway, where are you off on holiday to this time?
那你这次度假要去那里呢?
Can't you guess?
你能猜一下不?
La-la land?
爱乐之城?
Bye!
再见!