欺骗,行骗
Pull a fast one
Welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Feifei.
欢迎收听地道英语,我是菲菲。
And I'm Neil.
我是尼尔。
Feifei – what do you think of my new phone?
菲菲,你觉得我的新手机怎么样?
Let's have a look –
让我看一眼。
hmm… it looks… unusual.
嗯……看上去……怪怪的呀。
It's great.
这部手机非常棒。
This guy sold it to me.
这个人卖给我的。
He said it was a top-secret new model –
他说这是一个绝密的新机型,
it's not been released in the shops yet.
店里还没开始发行。
Here, look…
看这儿……
How do I… unlock it?
我要怎么……解锁呢?
You just… err… it's frozen.
你就……呃……手机卡住了。
Let me just… no.
让我来……不。
Who did you say you bought it from?
你说你从谁那里买的?
A guy on the street.
街上的一个人。
I hate to say it Neil,
我不想这么说,
but I think he pulled a fast one on you!
但是我觉得他向你行骗了!
But he… oh no.
但他……噢不。
Sorry.
抱歉啊。
To pull a fast one means to deceive or play a trick on someone.
“行骗”的意思是说欺骗或诈骗某人。
We say you pull a fast one on or with somebody.
我们说你欺骗某人或是向某人行骗。
The phone seller pulled a fast one on Neil.
这个卖手机的就欺骗了尼尔。
Listen to these examples:
来听几个例子吧:
The shopkeeper tried to pull a fast one on me.
这个店主想骗我。
He gave me a 5 pounds note as change instead of a 20 pounds note.
他找给我5英镑而非20英镑。
Don't you try and pull a fast one with me!
别想骗我!
I know you're not really sick.
我知道你没真生病。
Get back to work.
回来工作。
So, that's it.
所以就是这样啦。
All that money wasted.
那笔钱算是全部浪费掉了。
What an idiot.
我太傻啦。
Oh, is that my phone?
噢,是我的手机吗?
Sorry, it's mine.
抱歉,是我的手机。
Hello?
喂?
Yes…
是的……
No, I don't think so…
不,我不这么觉得……
Thanks!
谢谢!
Who was it?
谁啊?
The guy called to say I've won a million pounds.
有人打电话说我中了一百万英镑。
All I have to do is give him my bank details and he'll pay me.
我要做的就是把我的银行信息给他,他就会把钱付给我。
Someone else trying to pull a fast one!
其他人也想行骗了!
Sadly, yes!
对啊,真是悲哀!
I could do with a million pounds.
我想要一百万英镑。
I'd even buy you a new phone, Neil.
我甚至会给你买一部新手机,尼尔。
You're too kind.
你太好了。
And that's it for this edition of The English We Speak.
本期节目就到这里啦。
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。