试试看
Suck it and see
Welcome to The English We Speak.
欢迎收听地道英语。
I'm Feifei.
我是菲菲。
And I'm Neil.
我是尼尔。
And Neil, this might be the last ever time we see each other!
尼尔,这可能是我们最后一次见到彼此了!
All ready for your new job at… where was it again?
为新工作做好准备了吧……再问一次,是在哪儿来着?
A sweet factory.
一家糖果厂。
Quite a big change from radio production.
从广播节目制作到糖果厂,确实是一个很大的改变啊。
Yeah, well they pay very well.
是啊,他们给的薪资很高。
And I love sweets.
而且我爱糖果。
I'll just suck it and see.
我会吮吸它,然后再看。
Suck… the sweets?
吮吸……糖果?
No, you know what I mean!
不是,你懂我的意思的!
Yes, just kidding.
对,开个玩笑啦。
The phrase suck it and see is used when you do something new and you're not sure whether you will like it or not –
当你要做一件新的事情,但却不确定自己是否喜欢它时,就可以用“试试看”这个短语,
like a new job.
比如说要做一份新工作时。
Here are some examples:
这儿有一些例子:
I'm really not confident riding a bike in the centre of town.
对于在市中心骑自行车这件事,我真的不是很有信心。
But all my friends do it,
但我的朋友们都能做到,
so I guess I'll just suck it and see.
所以我觉得我也要试试看。
I decided to dye my hair blonde,
我决定把我的头发染成金色,
but I'm still not sure about it.
但我还不确定。
I'll suck it and see.
我会试试看。
I can always dye it black again!
反正我能把它再染回黑色!
Well, you'll be pleased to hear Neil isn't really leaving.
听到尼尔并不是真的要走,你们应该会很高兴。
I realised I can explore my passion for sweets without actually working in a sweet factory.
我意识到,就算不真的去糖果厂工作,我也能够探索我对于糖果的热情。
In fact, I have some right here.
其实,我这儿就有一些糖果。
Ooh, lovely.
噢,太可爱啦。
Very bright colours.
很鲜艳的颜色哦。
Mind if I…?
你介意我……?
Please, try one.
请尝一颗吧。
What flavours are they?
它们是什么味道的呀?
I've got no idea.
我也不知道。
You'll just have to…
你只需要……
Suck it and see!
试试看!
Mmm…
嗯……
As Feifei is busy, I'll say goodbye for both of us.
菲菲正忙着吃,那我就替我俩跟大家说再见啦。
Good-bye.
再见。
Mmm…
嗯……