上演的电视节目
On the box
Plates… OK.
盘子……好了。
Spoons… all packed.
勺子……全部打包好了。
That's one box full.
一个箱子满了。
The kitchen is finished, Neil!
厨房收拾完了,尼尔!
All packed?
全打包好了?
Well done.
非常好!
Now let's move on to the bedroom.
现在让我们去收拾卧室吧。
OK… I'm exhausted.
好吧……我已经精疲力尽了。
In today's The English We Speak,
在今天的地道英语里,
Neil and I are moving house,
尼尔和我要搬家,
and there's just so much packing to do.
有太多东西需要打包了。
The house is full of cardboard boxes!
屋子里全是纸箱!
I know, I know Feifei.
我知道,我知道菲菲。
Listen, let's just finish this room and then we can sit down, relax and see what's on the box.
听着,我们收拾好这间屋子,然后我们可以坐下来,放松一下,看看“箱子上有什么”。
Neil, the last thing I want to do is look at any more boxes!
尼尔,我最不愿意做的事情就是再看箱子了!
I need a break.
我需要休息一下。
Oh, of course.
噢,当然。
What I meant was: see what's on TV!
我的意思是:看有什么电视节目!
On the box' is a slang expression meaning 'on TV'.
“在电视上播出的节目”是一种俚语表达,意思就是“上演的电视节目”。
Ok, why didn't you just say 'on TV'?!
好,为什么你不直接说“上演的电视节目”呢?!
Anyway, let's play some examples while we finish packing.
总之,在打包完这些东西的同时,让我们来听几个例子吧。
Good idea.
好主意。
See anything good on the box last night?
昨晚看什么好的电视节目了吗?
Yeah!
对!
There was this great new series about spies.
有一部关于间谍的新连续剧很棒。
What are you up to tonight?
你今晚干嘛?
Not much, just gonna relax in front of the box.
没什么事,也就是看看电视节目放松一下。
Yes – you can also relax 'in front of the box',
是的,你也可以“在箱子前面”放松一下,
which means in front of the television.
也就是说在电视机前面。
And which reminds me, Feifei:
这也提醒我了,菲菲,
where is the box, I mean, our TV?
箱子,哦,我是说,我们的电视机,在哪儿呢?
Oh, oh yes. I, err… packed it away already.
噢,噢对,我,呃……已经把它打包装好了。
But I don't remember which box I put it in.
但我不记得把它放到那个箱子里了。
You mean the box, is in… a box?
你是说电视机在……箱子里?
But we've packed 20 boxes already.
但我们已经打包了20个箱子了。
Which one is it in?
电视机在哪个里面呢?
Sorry!
抱歉!
Let's just finish packing and then go out for dinner.
我们还是打包完,然后出去吃晚饭吧。
Yes, I've had enough of these boxes too, bye.
好,我也已经受够这些箱子了,再见。
Bye!
再见!