勇敢,勇气
Bottle
So, big presentation today, Feifei!
今天你要做一个重要的报告,菲菲!
How are you feeling?
感觉怎么样?
Yeah, I’m ok, Neil.
对,我还好,尼尔。
All prepared.
都准备好了。
I do feel a bit nervous…
我确实感觉有一点紧张……
I just need to remind myself to slow down and take a sip of water when I feel anxious!
当我觉得焦急的时候,我只需要提醒自己慢下来,喝一口水!
Good plan!
这计划很好!
OK, I'll see you later.
好,一会儿见。
Good luck…
祝你好运……
Hey!
嗨!
So how did it go?
进行得怎么样啊?
Not great.
不太好。
What happened?
怎么啦?
You lost your bottle?
你把你的瓶子丢啦?
Actually, I took a glass of water.
事实上,我喝了一瓶水。
Oh right.
噢对。
You know the phrase 'to lose your bottle' means 'to lose your confidence and fail to do something, or decide not to do it'.
“丢掉了你的瓶子”这个短语的意思是“由于失去信心而没能做成一件事,或是决定不去做了”。
Thanks for teaching me this phrase when I'm feeling awful.
谢谢你在我觉得很糟糕的时候教给我这个短语。
Yes, sorry.
对,抱歉。
You can also simply say 'to bottle it' which also means 'to lose your courage and fail to do something'.
你也可以只说“搞砸了”,它的意思也是“失去勇气,做某事没能成功”。
Err, examples time?
呃,举例时间到?
He was going to ask his girlfriend to marry him but lost his bottle at the last minute.
他本打算向女朋友求婚,却在最后一分钟失去勇气没能求成。
She asked him instead.
反而是他女友向他求婚的。
I thought about painting my front door bright green but I bottled it.
我本想把我的前门涂成亮绿色,但却因为没勇气,没能做成,
I went for a conservative grey instead.
而是涂成了保守的灰色。
Anyway Neil, aren't you giving a presentation this afternoon?
总之,尼尔,你今天下午不是要做一个报告吗?
Err... I was going to.
呃……我本来是要做的。
Oh?
噢?
You mean, you're not going to do it now?
你是说,你现在不打算做了?
Well, you see, I just had so much work on this week,
嗯,你是知道的,我这周有很多工作,
and I've not really had time at all…
我真的是一点时间都没有了……
Yeah, yeah, I get it.
是的,是的,我懂了。
You bottled it.
你没勇气做,决定不做了。
You got me.
你懂我。
I just hate presentations!
我只是讨厌作报告!
Well, that makes two of us!
嗯,我也一样!
Bye.
再见。
Bye.
再见。