消息已读未回复
Left on read
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak with me, Feifei…
大家好,欢迎收听BBC《地道英语》节目,我是菲菲。
..and me, Roy.
我是罗伊。
In this programme, we have an expression which describes when someone has read the message you've sent them, but hasn't replied.
本期节目,我们要教给大家一个表达,用来形容某人读了你发给他的信息,但是没有回复的行为。
That reminds me, Roy - did you get my message yesterday?
啊,我想起来了,罗伊,你昨天收到我发的消息了吗?
Oh yes, I did.
哦,是的,收到了。
I read it and then I totally forgot to answer you.
我读了消息,然后我完全忘了给你回复。
Was it something important?
有什么重要的事吗?
I can't believe it!
真让人难以相信!
You completely ignored my message.
你完全无视我的信息。
I got left on read!
我被“left on read”!
What's the colour 'red' got to do with the fact I forgot to reply?
红色跟我忘了回复有什么关系?
Red is actually my favourite colour.
红色实际上是我最喜欢的颜色。
Not red the colour, but 'read' as in the past of 'read'.
不是那个颜色“red”,而是阅读的过去式“read”。
Ahhh, got you.
啊,明白了。
Sorry, I didn't mean to leave you on read.
抱歉,我不是故意让你的消息已读但未回复的。
It's just I was in the middle of something … and then got distracted … and then…
只是我正忙着一些事……然后分心了……然后……
OK. Roy. I understand!
好了,罗伊。我明白!
What was so important that you couldn't reply?
是什么事如此重要,以至于你无法给我回消息?
I was eating a really nice banana, and then I just forgot… sorry.
我在吃一根很好吃的香蕉,然后我就忘了…抱歉的。
That's a terrible excuse - it's a good thing we're friends or I might think you were ignoring me.
这是个糟糕的借口——幸好我们是朋友,否则我可能会认为你无视我。
Anyway, let's listen to these examples…
不管怎样,让我们来听下面的例子。
I can't believe I was left on read.
真不敢相信我的消息已读但未收到回复。
I sent him a message and I can see he's looked at the message, but he hasn't replied!
我给他发了个短信,我知道他读了,但他还没回复!
My partner always leaves me on read.
我的小伙伴经常读了我的消息但不回复。
They get really distracted and then don't message me back.
他们真的总是三心二意,然后就不给我回消息了。
You shouldn't assume the worst if you get left on read.
如果的消息已读但未收到回复,你不要往最坏的方向想。
If someone reads your message and doesn't reply, they might be really busy and planning to respond later.
如果有人看了你的留言而不回复,他们可能真的很忙,打算以后再回复。
This is The English We Speak from BBC Learning English and we're talking about the expression 'left on read'.
这是BBC 《地道英语》,我们正在讨论短语“left on read”。
We use this when someone has read a message, but hasn't replied.
当有人读了消息,但没有回消息的时候,我们就可以用这个短语。
So, were you really eating a banana and that's why you left me on read?
所以,你真的在吃香蕉,这就是你让我已读的信息没有回复的原因?
Yeah, sorry.
是啊,对不起。
Well, I was also playing video games which might have been the main reason.
嗯,我还在玩电子游戏,这可能是主要原因。
Haha - I knew it!
哈哈,我就知道!
Well the next time I want to offer you free tickets to the 'Rob's Rolling Biscuits' rock concert, hopefully you'll reply and not just leave me on read!
好吧,下次我想给你免费的“罗伯的摇滚饼干”摇滚音乐会的门票,希望你能回复我,而不仅仅是信息已读!
What!?! Free tickets?!
什么!?!免费票?!
Let me read the message again!
让我再读一遍消息!
Can I... can I still have the tickets?
我还能拿到票吗?
Sorry, it's too late now.
对不起,现在太晚了。
I gave them to Neil.
我把它们给尼尔了。
He didn't leave me on read.
他回复我的消息了。
Bye, Roy.
再见,罗伊。
Bye.
再见。