惹怒某人
Get somebody's goat
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak,
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语,
I'm Neil and joining me is Feifei… and Fred... my goat.
我是尼尔,和我一起的是菲菲…和弗莱德…我的山羊。
Hi everyone.
嗨大家好。
Neil, why have you brought this… goat into the studio?
尼尔,为什么你要带这只…山羊来演播室?
It smells.
真的很难闻。
Fred doesn't smell!
弗莱德才不难闻呢!
I've brought my goat into the studio to teach our listeners an expression
我把我的山羊带来演播室是为了教给我们的听众一个表达方式,
you can use when something annoys you.
当有人惹恼你的时候你可以用这个表达方式。
Well, having smelly animals in the studio annoys me.
好吧,有味道的动物在演播室这件事惹怒我了。
Well, in that case, Feifei,
嗯,在那种情况下,菲菲,
you can say, 'Smelly animals in the studio get my goat.'
你可以说,“有味道的动物在演播室,这惹怒我了。”
To get somebody's goat –
惹怒某人——
an expression you can use when something annoys you.
是一个在你被惹怒的时候用的表达方式。
That's right.
对。
You can say something 'gets your goat' if it annoys you.
如果有什么事让你很恼怒的话,你可以说它“惹怒了你”。
You know what, Feifei?
你知道吗,菲菲?
It gets my goat when people say my pet Fred is smelly.
有人说我的宠物弗莱德有味道的时候,这也惹怒了我。
Ha!
哈!
Here are some examples of people using the expression 'get somebody's goat'.
这儿有一些人们使用“惹怒某人”这个表达方式的例子。
These queues at the post office really get my goat.
邮局里排的长队真是把我惹怒了。
I've been waiting for half an hour!
我已经等了半小时了。
Argh, I don't believe it –
啊,我不相信,
I've got a parking ticket!
我被开了违规停车罚单!
Traffic wardens really get my goat!
交通管理员真的是把我给惹怒了!
These calls from people selling insurance get my goat.
卖保险的人给我打的这些电话把我惹怒了。
They've rung seven times already this morning.
今天早上已经打了七次了。
To get somebody's goat –
惹怒某人,
an expression you can use when something annoys you.
是当某件事让你生气的时候你可以用的一种表达方式。
Notice that we often use 'really' with this expression.
注意在这种表达方式里,我们常常会用到“真的”这个词。
Train delays really get my goat.
火车晚点真的惹怒我了。
It seems to me quite a lot of things get your goat, Feifei.
我觉得好像有很多事情惹你生气啊,菲菲。
Not really, Neil –
也不是——
apart from Fred.
除了弗莱德。
Are you saying my goat gets your goat?
你是说我的山羊惹怒你了吗?
Yes!
是的!
Your goat really gets my goat!
你的山羊确实惹怒我了!