生活大学
The university of life
Hello welcome to The English We Speak from BBC Learning English.
大家好,欢迎收听BBC英语教学的地道英语。
I'm Rob.
我是罗布。
Oh hello…
噢大家好…
I'm Feifei.
我是菲菲。
What's wrong Feifei?
怎么了,菲菲?
I'm stressed –
我压力很大——
I've got an exam tomorrow –
我明天有一场考试——
I hate exams.
我讨厌考试。
Me too.
我也是。
What you need to do is plan your revision a bit more,
你需要做的是再规划一下你的复习,
take lots of breaks,
多多休息,
and maybe go for a run.
或者去跑步。
You seem to know a lot about preparing for exams.
你似乎知道许多关于备考的事情呀。
Where did you study?
你是在哪里学到的?
Oh nowhere you would have heard of.
噢,在一个你从没听过的地方。
It's called the university of life.
它叫做生活大学。
The university of life.
生活大学。
Is that in London?
在伦敦吗?
It's doesn't actually exist –
它并非真实存在的——
when someone says they've been to the university of life
有人说他们曾上过生活大学的时候,
it means they are wise but not necessarily educated –
意思是他们虽明智,但未必是受过教育的——
they've learnt everything just from experiencing life.
他们所有的事情都是从生活经历中学到的。
I see.
我明白了。
Hmm, so no exams.
嗯,所以也就没有考试咯。
That's right.
对。
I've just got a qualification in life!
我刚刚获得了一张人生的资格证书!
Let's hear some more examples of this phrase…
让我们再听几个关于这个习语的例子吧…
I set up the business without any qualifications –
我没有任何资历就创业了——
everything I learnt was from the university of life.
我学到的所有东西都来自于生活这所大学。
The university of life taught me to be polite to everyone you meet;
生活大学教给我,要对你遇到的每一个人都有礼貌;
you never know when you might see them again.
你永远不知道自己可能会在什么时候再次遇到他们。
The university of life –
生活大学——
it's where you learn from life not books.
就是你从生活中,而不是书本里学到东西的地方。
So I should learn a lesson from you Rob?
所以我应该从你这里学一课啦罗布?
Yes, that's right–
是的,对——
chill out,don't stress about exams –
淡定点,不要因为考试而有压力——
they're a waste of time.
这些是在浪费时间。
Really!!!
真的吗!!!
Hold on a minute.
等一会儿。
If I remember correctly,
如果我没记错的话,
you failed your exams and you were kicked out of university.
你没有通过考试,并且被大学扫地出门了。
Well…err… maybe.
嗯…呃…也许吧。
But that was a life experience…
但那是一段生活经历…
and I learned that studying wasn't for me.
并且我认识到我不是学习的料。
Hmmm, it sounds like you've been to The school of hard knocks.
啊,听起来像是你去过吃苦头的学校啊。
The school of hard knocks?
吃苦头的学校?
Yes, it's an unpleasant experience that you learn from.
是的,这是说使你从中学到东西的一段不愉快的经历。
Anyway, I'm off to revise for my exams –
总之,我要去复习功课准备考试了——
I'd rather stay at my university rather than go to yours!
我宁可待在我的大学里也不愿意去你的大学!
Fair enough.
好吧。
Bye.
再见。