今后
Going forward
Hello, I’m Neil and welcome to The English We Speak,
大家好,我是尼尔,欢迎收听地道英语,
which this week comes from a train.
我们这周的节目是在火车上做的。
Hi I'm Feifei.
大家好,我是菲菲。
That's right,
是的,
we've got on a train in order to teach you a useful English expression,
为了教给大家这个实用的英语短语,我们搭上了一趟列车,
which has become very common -
这个短语十分常见,
particularly in a work environment.
尤其是在工作场合。
I love trains, Feifei–
我喜欢坐火车,菲菲——
racing through the countryside, looking out of the window.
从乡村飞驰而过,看着窗外。
Ah, it's great – you can't beat it!
啊,真是太棒了,什么也比不上这种体验!
Oh – are you OK, Feifei?
噢,你还好吧,菲菲?
You look a bit… green.
你脸色看上去有一点……发青。
Well it's OK for you, Neil,
这对你来说还好,尼尔,
but I've got the backward-facing seat.
但是我坐的是后向座,
It makes me feel sick.
这让我觉得不舒服。
Going forward, can you avoid booking me the backward-facing seat?
今后你能不要再帮我订后向座了吗?
Of course!
当然!
Going forward I'll get you a forward-facing seat.
今后我会帮你买前向座的。
Going forward' is another way of saying 'in the future'.
“今后”是“以后”的另外一种说法。
That's right.
对。
You'll hear 'going forward' used at business meetings
在商务会议上你会听到“今后”这个词,
when a person wants someone to change the way they do something in the future.
人们想要别人在今后改变他们做某事的方式时,就会用到这个词。
Here are some examples.
以下是几个例子。
Did you get the files I emailed over?
你收到我用电子邮件发给你的文件了吗?
Yes I did, but going forward can you send hard copies in the post?
嗯,收到了。但今后你能否把复印件寄给我们呢?
We need them for our records.
我们需要这些来做记录。
I've noticed you chatting on your mobile quite a lot during the working day.
我发现你在工作时间总是拿着手机聊天。
Going forward, can you keep the private conversations to your lunch breaks?
今后,你能把这些私人通话留到午休时处理吗?
Going forward we will only have an online version of our newspaper.
今后,我们的报纸就只有网上版本了。
The days of print are dead.
印刷时代已经一去不复返了。
So there you go.
就是这样。
People speaking in an office environment use 'going forward' to mean in the future,
在办公环境中,人们用“今后”来表示在将来,
from this point.
从现在起。
I quite like doing The English We Speak recordings from the train.
我特别喜欢在火车上录地道英语节目。
Going forward, shall we record all our programmes from vehicles?
今后,我们所有的节目都在车上录好吗?
Hmm, not sure about that.
呃,我可不确定。
I get terrible travel sickness.
我晕车晕得厉害。
Well, going forward, I recommend you take these pills.
好吧,今后,我建议你带上药。
Urgh…
呃…
Goodbye!
再见!
Bye!
再见!