来自Tom的最后一通电话
Last call for Tom
Hello and welcome to English at Work where things have got rather dramatic.
大家好,欢迎来到职场英语,这里事情已经变得很戏剧化了。
Anna is on her way to the airport to try and catch Tom before he boards his flight to Australia and his new life on the other side of the world.
Anna在去机场的路上,在Tom 飞向澳大利亚在世界的另一端开始新生活时试着抓住Tom 。
But will she get there in time?
但是她能及时到达那里吗?
Thanks. (In a panic) Excuse me, do you know where the check in desks for flights to Sydney are?
谢谢。(惊慌地)不好意思,你知道飞往悉尼的检查台在哪里吗?
Yeah, over there luv – desk number 47.
是的,在那里--47号台。
OK, thanks.
好的,谢谢。
(Chatting up woman at desk)… yeah, I always fly business class, it’s the kind of guy I am… shame you’re not available to fly with me but you know…
(在台前与一名女士说话)...是的,我经常做商务舱,我就是这种人...真可惜你不能和我一起但你知道...
(from afar) Tom, Tom!
(从远处)Tom, Tom!
Anna? How… what… what are you doing here?
Anna?怎么....你来这做什...什么?
(out of breath) Don’t go… we need you… I need you.
(上气不接下气)不要走...大家需要你...我需要你。
But I don’t understand… you rejected me.
但我不明白...你拒绝我了。
Yes but… but…
是的但是...但是...
But what Anna? What are you going to say?
但是什么啊Anna?你要说什么?
How can you tell him you were wrong and you’ve changed your mind?
你怎么可以告诉他你错了,你已经改变主意?
Hmm, I don’t know.
Hmm,我不知道。
Tell him ‘I’ve been doing a lot of thinking’.
告诉他“最近我想了很多”。
Say, ‘I didn’t realise how much I missed you until you had gone’.
说,“直到你走了我才知道我是有多么想你”。
And tell him, ‘I’ve changed my mind, I will marry you!’.
并告诉他“我已经改变主意了,我要嫁给你!”。
Yeah, yeah, I heard all that and that other man who you’re always talking to.
是啊是啊,我听说了一切,你总是和他说话的那个人。
Oh right!
oh,是的!
I see. Well Tom, will you marry me?
我明白。Tom,你愿意娶我吗?
Why should I after all you’ve put me through?
在让我经受这些之后,为什么我要(娶你)?
Yeah why should he?
是的,为什么呢?
Because Tom… you’re a funny guy and… I love you and… I can’t live without you.
因为Tom…你是一个有趣的家伙...我爱你...而且我不能没有你。
Ahhh!
Ahhh!
Let me think about this … oh if you put it like that then yes, I will marry you!
让我想想...如果你那么说了,是的,我会娶你!
Oh Tom!
Oh Tom!
Hooray. At last! We got there in the end but not without using these phrases:
万岁。最后终于到达那里,但不是没有使用这些短语:
I’ve been doing a lot of thinking.
我最近想了很多。
I didn’t realise how much I missed you until you had gone.
直到你离开我才知道我是有多么想你。
I’ve changed my mind, I will marry you!
我已经改变主意了,我要嫁给你!
And…
还有...
I love you and I can’t live without you!
我爱你,我不能没有你!
I won’t be needing these anymore (rips up his ticket)
我不再需要这些了(撕掉了他的飞机票)
Join us very soon for the English at Work wedding of the year. Bye!
接下来继续加入我们的职场英语--婚礼年。再见啦!