求帮忙!
Help! We need somebody
Has anyone seen the stapler?
有人看见订书机了吗?
I can’t find any pens.
呃,我找不到钢笔了。
Oh, here it is.
给你一支。
Will someone answer that phone?
谁去接下电话呗?
Hello again and welcome back to English at Work.
大家好,欢迎回到职场英语。
The offices of Tip Top Trading have become chaotic since Denise left and just at a time when things are getting busy.
自Denise走了以后,顶级贸易公司办公室便变得杂乱无章。哎,正是公司繁忙的时候啊。
How is everyone going to cope? Let’s find out.
大家将如何应对呢?一起寻找答案吧。
(Answering phone) Hello. Yes? It is. We’re very busy so call back later. Bye.
(接电话)你好。啊?哦,是的。我们现在很忙,一会再打吧。拜。
That was a bit rude Tom.
Tom,你有点粗鲁啊。
Well we’re too busy to be nice.
可是我太忙了,哪有时间友好。
Hmm. Not a good attitude Tom.
恩,Tom,态度不好哦。
Even when you are busy at work it’s important to be polite on the phone. It could be a potential customer.
即使你忙于工作,打电话时也要讲礼貌。万一对方是潜在客户呢?
Anna, I think you’re going to have to remind Tom about this.
Anna,你得提醒Tom这点啊。
Yes, I think so.
恩,我也这样认为。
If things are busy in the office you could say to someone on the phone 'we’re a bit busy at the moment, could I take your name and number and we’ll call you back’ and,
如果办公室工作繁忙,你可以对电话里的人说‘我们现在有点忙,可以留下您的名字、电话,稍后打过去吗?’
when would be a convenient time to call you?’
‘您什么时候方便接电话?’
or if the caller wants to speak to someone specific you could say 'could I take a message please and I’ll make sure he or she calls you back’.
如果对方想和某个人通话,你可以说‘我帮您带个口信,稍后让他回电话。’
That’s useful. (Phone rings) Oh there goes the phone again.
很有用。(电话铃响)哦,电话又响了。
Anna, could you get that please? I’ve got a mouthful of biscuit. Thanks.
Anna,你能接下电话吗?我嘴里塞着饼干,谢谢你。
Sure Paul. (Answers phone) Hello? Tip Top Trading… yes, that’s right… but things are a bit busy at the moment.
当然可以。(接起电话)你好。顶级贸易公司。。。对,是的,但我们现在有点忙。
Could I take your name and number and I’ll call you back as soon as I can… oh hold on, has anyone got a pen?
可以留下您的名字和电话吗?我会尽快打过去的?哦,等一下,谁有笔?
I think we’ve run out. Denise usually orders them.
我们都用完了吧。平常都是Denise买笔的。
Here, use my souvenir pen I bought in Italy, you see it changes colour if you hold it up to the light.
给,用我在意大利买的纪念钢笔吧。看着没,对着灯光还会变色呢。
Thanks. Oh no! There’s no paper to write it on.
谢谢。哦,不是吧,没有纸可写!
Here, write it on my hand.
呃,写我手上吧。
OK. Hold still. 7-4-9-0-5-6-8. Thanks for your patience, when is a good time to call you back?
好的。别动。7490568.谢谢您的耐心等待,请问您什么时候方便接电话?
… OK… 3 o’clock… I'll call you then. Goodbye.
。。。好的,3点。一会给您打电话。拜拜。
Sounds important.
听起来挺重要的。
Possibly. (Phone rings) Oh not again! (Answers phone) Hello, Tip Top Trading, Anna speaking…
可能吧。(电话又响了)哦,别响了!(接起电话)你好,我是顶级贸易公司的Anna。
I see… Well he doesn’t seem to be here at the moment… can I take a message and I’ll get him to call you back.
恩,我明白。但他现在不在公司,我帮您带个口信,稍后让他给您回电话吧。
(Whispering) Tom, I need your other hand to write on… keep still.
(悄悄话)Tom,把另一只手给我,我要写字。别动昂。
(To caller) OK, what’s the message? … Yes, call Bob about the lemons on 8-0-9-5-2-4. OK, I’ll pass that on. Thanks. Bye.
(对打电话者说)好的,要留什么消息?。。。恩,给Bob打电话,说柠檬的事。号码:809524.我会帮您转达的,好,再见。
Goodness. It’s been crazy here since Denise left.
苍天!自从Denise离开,公司都要疯了。
Look we’ve even run out of teabags. I’ll go and get some, shall I?
你看看,连袋泡茶都没了。我去取点吧。
Hold on Tom. Has that invoice for Tutti Fruity been sent out yet?
等下,Tom。水果密饯公司的发票送了吗?
I dunno. Denise usually sends out the paperwork.
我不知道,通常都是Denise发送文件。
I wish Denise was here!
哦,我真希望Denise在这!
So do we all! It sounds like chaos in the office but however hectic things can get, remember to remain professional when answering the phone.
我们也希望!感觉办公室里一片混乱,不过不管有多忙,记得接电话时一定要保持专业。
Here’s a reminder of some of the phrases you could use…
下面一起看看可能用到的短语吧。
We’re a bit busy at the moment, could I take your name and number and we’ll call you back
我们现在有点忙,可以留下您的名字、电话,稍后打过去吗?
When would be a convenient time to call you?
您什么时候方便接电话?
Could I take a message please and I’ll make sure he or she calls you back.
我帮您带个口信,稍后让他回电话。
Ah there you are, Tom, you’ve been a long time.
啊,Tom,你在那啊,怎么那么长时间。
I need to give Paul that important message I wrote on your hand.
我要把写你手上的重要信息告诉Paul。
Ah… yes… it’s a bit tricky. You see, I went to the toilet and then I…washed my hands.
啊,有点棘手。我刚刚上厕所,然后把手洗了。
Oh no, you’ve washed the messages off! What are we going to do now?
呃,不是吧!你把消息全洗掉了!我们现在怎么办啊?
(Phone rings) Erm… I'll get that, shall I?
(电话响起)呃。。。我去接吧。
We can’t carry on like this.
不行,不能再这样下去了!
No you can’t! Has Anna lost the numbers of two potential clients? Can the company carry on like this?
是啊,当然不行!Anna把两位潜在客户的号码弄丢了吗?顶级贸易公司能继续这样下去吗?
It certainly looks like it could do with another pair of hands.
看起来,得有另一双手帮忙啊。
What will happen next? Join us again next time for English at Work. Bye!
接下来会发生什么事情呢?记得收听下期职场英语哦,拜拜~