迷失法国
Lost in France
Welcome back to English at Work, where Anna and Tom are in a bit of a predicament.
欢迎回到职场英语,Anna和Tom有些麻烦。
Following a successful business meeting, they've returned to the airport to discover their flight has been cancelled. What are they going to do next?
在完成一场成功的商业会议之后,他们到达机场却发现他们的航班已经取消了。他们接下来打算做什么?
Right, they've rebooked us on to the next flight, which is at 7 o'clock tomorrow morning.
他们给咱们重新订了明天早上7点的航班。
Tomorrow morning?! What are we going to do until then?
明天早上?那我们这期间做什么?
It's OK Anna, calm down. I've sorted out a hotel… quite a nice one actually.
没关系Anna,冷静。我已经订好宾馆。
But what about our new contract? I've got to sort it out!
可是我们的新合同怎么办?我得把它弄出来!
Anna, take a deep breath… it'll be ok. Let's go and get a drink and we'll work things out.
Anna,深呼吸,一切都会好的。我们一起去喝点东西,然后一起处理这件事。
Anna, maybe Tom's right for once. Go and enjoy some French hospitality.
Anna,或许Tom这次是对的。去吧,享受一下法国的招待。
You've done really well today but perhaps you should keep your boss Paul in the picture.
你今天已经做得很好了,但也许你应该告知你的老板Paul。
In the picture? I didn't take any photos.
拍照?我没拍照片啊。
No Anna! I mean keep him informed. It's always a good idea to keep the boss updated on what's going on – he is the boss after all.
不是的Anna!我的意思是让他知道。你的老板需要时时刻刻知道进度,毕竟他是你的老板。
OK. I will.
好的,我会的。
Yeah, this one looks quite cosy. I'll order us a beer shall I?
这家看起来很舒适。我买些啤酒吧?
I'd prefer an orange juice please.
我更想喝橙汁谢谢。
Oh really? OK then. Err, Garcon. Je m'appelle un beer et citron juice thing. Au revoir!
是吗?好的。额(Tom说了一长串错误的法语)。
What?! No Tom! Pardon, Je voudrais une grande biere et du juice d'orange s'il vous plait.
麻烦,一大杯啤酒和一杯橙汁。
Oui Madame.
好的,女士。
I think she likes you! Well, everyone likes you Anna. I like you because…
她喜欢你!好吧,大家都喜欢你Anna。我喜欢你因为……
I like you too Tom but don't you think I should call Paul and update him on what's going on… keep him in the picture?
我也喜欢你Tom,不过你不觉得我们应该打电话告诉Paul,跟他汇报一下最新的进展吗,让他知道?
I dunno. Let's just enjoy this moment shall we? And besides, he'll be at his biscuit appreciation class by now.
我不知道。让我们一起享受这一刻吧?而且,他现在应该在上他的饼干欣赏课。
No. I would be happier just to call him. Could I borrow your mobile phone please? My battery has run out.
不,我觉得打电话比较好。我可以借用你的手机吗?我的手机没电了。
Yeah sure. You'll find his number under Attila the Hun.
当然。他的电话名叫Attila the Hun。
Attila the Hun?
Attila the Hun?
Just my little joke!
开玩笑!
Cheeky! But hold on… what am I going to say to him?
真是没礼貌!可是我跟他要说什么?
Well, don't call him Attila the Hun! Think before you call him: It's good news – you've closed the deal and the contract is signed.
不要叫他Attila the Hun!打电话前先想好:有个好消息——你已经谈妥了交易还签好了合同。
We need to proceed with the order as quickly as possible. And say, I'm committed to getting the order delivered on time. But if you need help, ask for it.
我们需要尽快跟进订单。然后说,我已经承诺会按时发订单的。如果你需要帮助,尽管吩咐。
OK I will. It's ringing…
我会的。响了……
Hello?
你好?
Hi Paul. It's Anna. I've got some good news!
嗨,Paul,我是Anna。我有个好消息告诉你。
Hold on. Sorry, I'm just munching some new crumbly cream biscuits. Now, what's the good news? Is it about the contract?
稍等一下。抱歉,我正在吃新款劲脆奶油饼干。好了,是什么好消息?关于合同的吗?
Yes! I've closed the deal with Fruit Traders International and the contract is signed.
是的!我已经谈妥了和水果国际贸易公司的交易,还签了合同。
Excellent news.
很棒的消息。
To keep them happy, we need to proceed with the order as quickly as possible.
为了让他们满意,我们需要尽快跟进订单。
Of course, of course. So what are you planning to do?
那是那是当然。你打算做什么?
Well, obviously, I'm committed to getting the order delivered on time but I might need some help. I wonder if Tom could…
明显的是,我承诺了会及时发订单,但我可能需要帮助。我在想是否Tom能……
Yes, Tom can help you. Denise tells me you have a… special chemistry! Actually, where is Tom now? Is he home yet?
Tom会帮你的。Denise说你们有特殊的默契!对了,Tom人呢?他回家了吗?
He's not. Actually Paul, Tom and I are going to stay in a hotel tonight… Hello? Hello? Oh, I've lost the signal, he's gone.
他没有。啊,Paul,我和Tom今晚打算住宾馆。你好?嗨,我信号不好,他挂了电话。
Never mind Anna. I think he got the message. Another drink?
没关系,Anna。我想他已经明白了。再来一杯?
Let's hope Paul has got the right message about Anna and Tom! Anyway, she's briefed the boss and kept him in the picture.
希望Paul没有误会Anna和Tom的关系!总之,她已经通知了老板,老板已经知道了。
Here's a reminder of some of the phrases she used:
让我们回顾一下Anna所用的句子:
It's good news – I've closed the deal and the contract is signed.
有个好消息——我已经谈妥了交易还签好了合同。
We need to proceed with the order as quickly as possible.
我们需要尽快跟进订单。
I'm committed to getting the order delivered on time… but I will need some help.
我承诺了会及时发订单,但我可能需要帮助。
A good day's work for Anna but now it's time for bed.
Anna今天做的不错,现在是睡觉时间了。
Right, well, it's time for bed. We've got an early start tomorrow.
是的,睡觉时间。我们明天还要早起。
So, where are we staying?
我们住哪儿?
A lovely little boutique hotel, just round the corner. I've booked a room with a view.
一间很不错的小型精品酒店,在街角处。我定了一间可以看风景的房间。
A room? One room?!
一间?一间房间?!
Err yeah. That's all they had, actually… honest!
是的,实话说,他们就一间了。
Hmm. This could be interesting. Let's hope things remain professional. Until next time. Bye!
这下有意思了。希望事情能有专业水准,下次见,拜!