无手机焦虑症
Nomophobia
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak with me, Feifei…
大家好,欢迎来到BBC《地道英语》,我是菲菲……
Yeah, yeah, it was fun, wasn't it, yeah...
是啊,是啊,很搞笑,不是吗,是啊……
and when Neil fell over… I know!
当尼尔摔倒的时候……我知道!
Excuse me, Rob.
打扰一下,罗伯。
Can we begin now?
我们现在可以开始了吗?
Oh, right. Sorry.
噢,好的。抱歉。
I’ll call you back. Bye.
等会再打给你。再见。
Rob, you know the rules – no mobile phones in the studio.
罗伯,你知道规矩——演播室里不准用手机。
We can't have them ringing when we're broadcasting.
我们广播时手机不能响。
Switch it off, please.
请关机。
But I'm expecting a very important call and…
但我在等一个很重要的电话……
Tough!
忍着!
OK.
好吧。
How can I check the latest football scores now?
我现在怎么查看最新的足球比分?
And ring my mum,
还有打电话给我妈妈,
and I wanted to send a text to Dan and…
而且我想给丹发个短信……
Rob, are you OK?
罗伯,你还好吗?
You're starting to sweat.
你开始出汗了。
Oh no, I think you've got NOMOPHOBIA!
哦,不,我想你有“无手机焦虑症”!
Oh no!
噢,不!
What's that?
那是什么?
I know, I'll look it up on my phone.
我知道了,我会用手机查查。
No phones, Rob!
不准用手机,罗伯!
But I can tell you that nomophobia is the fear of not having or not being able to use your mobile phone!
但是我可以告诉你“无手机焦虑症”是指对没有手机或不能使用手机的恐惧。
Let's hear some examples of other nomophobia sufferers…
让我们听一听其他“无手机焦虑症”患者的例子……
My brother has definitely got nomophobia,
我哥哥绝对得了“无手机焦虑症”,
he never switches his phone off,
他从不关机,
even when we're at the cinema.
即使是我们在电影院看电影的时候。
My phone is being fixed and I'm feeling quite anxious,
我的手机正在修理,我感到很焦虑,
maybe I've got nomophobia?!
也许我有“无手机焦虑症”?!
Calling all nomophobes, it's time to switch off your phones,
所有有“无手机焦虑症”的人,是时候关掉手机,
have a digital detox and start talking to people rather than staring at a small screen!
进行一次数码排毒,开始和别人交谈了,而不是盯着一个小屏幕!
You're listening to The English We Speak from BBC Learning English,
您正在收听的是BBC教学英语的《地道英语》节目,
and we're talking about 'nomophobia' – the fear of not having or not being able to use your mobile phone.
我们要谈论的是“无手机焦虑症” ——对没有手机或不能使用手机的恐惧。
Rob’s got it right now.
罗伯现在得了“无手机焦虑症”。
Not long now, Rob, until you can go outside and use your phone.
不会太久,罗伯,到你可以出去用手机就好了。
Phew!
唷!
I've got to text Dan and tell him a really funny joke,
我得给丹发短信,告诉他一个非常有趣的笑话,
plus add some amusing emojis...
再加上一些有趣的表情符号……
So, really urgent, then?
所以,真的很急切吗?
You could just go and talk to him,
你就可以走过去和他聊啊,
he's sitting right over there.
他就坐在那边。
I can't do that.
我不能那样做。
I have to use my phone.
我必须用手机。
I do everything on my phone these days.
现在我做什么事都用手机。
I can't live without it.
没有它我活不下去。
Can I switch on now?
我现在可以开机了吗?
Oh go on, then.
哦,那就开机吧。
We've almost finished.
我们差不多做完节目了。
Oh no!
噢,不!
The battery is dead,
电池没电了,
it needs charging.
它需要充电。
Oh dear, Rob.
噢,天哪,罗伯。
It looks like you'll be suffering from nomophobia for a bit longer.
看来你忍受“无手机焦虑症”的时间要长一些了。
Bye.
拜。
Bye.
拜。
Could I borrow yours, please?
我可以借用一下你的手机吗?