仓库
The warehouse
Welcome back!
欢迎回来!
This is what's happening today: as a result of some embarrassing mistakes in deliveries
这是今天正发生的事情:因为货运上出现的尴尬错误
Tip Top Trading's big boss in America has ordered a re-check of every order this month.
顶级贸易公司的美国大老板要求重新检查一遍这个月的每一笔订单。
So, Paul is talking to key customers to see if they've got what they needed:
所以,Paul正在跟重要的客户确认,他们是否收到自己需要的货物:
I just want to check you're happy with the grapes?
我想确认您对这些葡萄还满意吗?
Tom, whom we all know was responsible for the disaster, is phoning his clients to make sure he has the correct information about what they want:
作为本次灾难的罪魁祸首Tom,正打电话给他的客户确保他手里的订单信息是正确的:
Ya, yah, I just want to make absolutely sure we get the order right for you and have the correct number of fruit...
对对,我只是想百分百确保我们给您下的订单是对的,还有关于水果的正确数目…
Denise is, well, talking on the phone to a friend.
Denise正在和一位朋友打电话。
Brown shoes don't look right on him!
棕色的鞋子看起来一点都不适合他!
He's not a brown shoe sort of person...
他不是那种可以穿棕色鞋子的人…
Anna has to go down to the warehouse, where the products are prepared for delivery.
Anna下去到仓库,仓库里放着待发货的产品。
I have to speak to Mr Ingle.
我得和Mr Ingle说话。
Apparently he's not very friendly!
很显然,他不是很友好!
He might not like me asking lots of questions!
他可能不会喜欢我问很多问题!
Well, be polite, and start your sentences with things like:
额,礼貌用语,用这些句子来开头:
I just want to make sure that...
我只是想确认…
Could you possibly clarify...
你能否说一下…
I just want to check...
我只是想检查一下…
Just to be absolutely clear...
为了百分百确定…
One thing I wasn't sure of was...
有件我不能确定的事情是…
Good luck!
祝你好运!
Mr Ingle, I don't think we've met yet, I'm Anna.
Mr Ingle,我想咱们还没见过面,我是Anna。
Hello. Oi! What are you doing with those boxes?
你好!你弄这些箱子做什么?
I told you to put them in storage. Anna, is it?
我跟你说过把它们放到仓库。Anna,是吧?
Yes, sorry to bother you, I just want to check something.
是的,很抱歉打扰您,我想检查一下事情。
We've had a few problems with orders….
我们的订单上有几个问题…
Well, that's not my fault.
这又不是我的责任。
I do exactly what I'm asked to do.
我所做的都是上面要求的。
(To workers) No, not there, in storage!
(对工人们说)不,不是这里,是仓库!
Oh, well, I just want to make sure that….
噢,我只是想确认一下…
Thirty years I've been doing this job, and I've never made a mistake.
我干这份工作已经30年了,我从来没出过错误。
Of course, but because we've had problems, we need to make absolutely sure that all deliveries are correct.
当然,是因为我们出现了错误,我们需要跟您确保所有交货是准确无误的。
Humph.
嗯嗯。
Could you possibly clarify what went out in today's delivery to Mr Berry of, er, Bluetree Enterprises?
你能说一下今天交了什么货给蓝树公司的Mr Berry?
500 redcurrants.
红浆果500。
Right. That's fine.
对,很好。
Well done Anna, this is going very well.
Anna你做得很好,事情在慢慢好转。
Remember that other phrase – "I just want to check…"
记住这个句子——“我想确认一下...”
OK. Now, I just want to check what was sent to Cocoline Limited – it should have been fifteen mangos...
好的。现在,我想确认一下送给Cocoline公司的——应该是15个芒果…
Yeah. That's right.
是的,正确。
Great, and just to be absolutely clear, you sent the soft mangos, not the plastic ones?
很好,为了百分百确保,你送的是软的芒果,不是塑料的那种?
Yes, just like I was told to.
嗯嗯,正如我被告知的那样。
Good. One thing I wasn't sure of was whether we had enough yellow bananas in stock – I know there are some purple ones, but...
好。我还有一件不能确定的事,咱们仓库里的黄色香蕉够多吗?——我知道有一些是紫色的,但是…
Yeah well, we do need more yellow bananas.
是的,我们确实有很多的黄色香蕉。
Okay, I'll just write that down. Thank you Mr Ingle. By the way, I like your overalls!
好的,我现在就登记一下。谢谢你Mr Ingle。顺便说一下,我喜欢你的工作服!
Oh thanks.
噢,谢谢。
Well he was a bit unfriendly, but Anna got what she needed. Here are the phrases she used:
他确实是有点不太友好,不过Anna已经得到她需要的信息。这是她运用的句子:
I just want to make sure that...
我只是想确认…
Could you possibly clarify...
你能否说一下…
I just want to check...
我只是想检查一下…
Just to be absolutely clear...
为了百分百确定…
One thing I wasn't sure of was...
有件我不能确定的事情是…
Well, everything in the warehouse seems to be okay.
仓库看起来一切正常。
Back in the office, Tom is having less luck.
回到办公室,Tom就没那么幸运了。
(on the phone) Really? Here it says 5,000 not five... oh...
(通话中)真的吗?这里说的是5000不是5…噢…
It's going to be a long day for him! Until next time. Bye!
今天对他来说将是漫长的一天!直到下次!再见!