301房间
Room 301
Good afternoon.
下午好。
Hi, good afternoon.
嗨,下午好。
Anna, Tom, room 301 please. Now.
Anna,Tom,请你俩到301房间来一趟。现在。
Welcome back to Tip Top Trading, where things are a teeny bit tense today.
欢迎回到顶级贸易公司,今天公司的气氛稍微有点紧张。
Paul has called Tom and Anna into room 301, the place where difficult conversations happen.
Paul把Anna和Tom叫到了301房间,这可是进行艰难谈话的地方。
Perhaps Paul has found out about yesterday's unhappy clients.
Paul可能是发现了昨天不乐意的客户了。
Oh dear.
噢!我的天啊。
You should be okay Anna.
你应该没事的,Anna。
After the way you coped with Mr Lime, you should be praised.
在你处理完Mr Lime的问题之后,你理应受到表扬。
Really? What do you think Paul will say?
真的吗?你觉得Paul今天会说什么?
Well, if he is pleased, he'll say things like:
额,如果他开心的话,他应该会说:
Well done.
干得漂亮。
You handled it well.
你处理得很好。
Great job.
干得非常漂亮。
I'm really impressed.
我十分敬佩。
And if he's not?
那如果他没这么说呢?
Well, I suppose – oop. Here’s Paul now!
额,我猜想——啊!Paul来了!
Well, Tom, Anna... Yesterday was not a great day.
好吧,Tom,Anna…昨天真不是个好日子。
Two clients came in with serious complaints.
两位客户满腹抱怨地来到公司。
Mrs Kumquat received a delivery of imitation bananas that were purple, not very convincing.
Mrs Kumquat收到的货,人造香蕉是紫色的,不能让人十分信服。
And Mr Lime ordered grapefruits, but got pineapples. Tom.
还有Mr Lime订了一批西柚,不是菠萝。Tom?
Yes.
是的。
Were you responsible for these errors?
你是不是应该对这些错误负责人?
Well... yes, but…
额,是的。但是…
Look, mistakes happen.
你看。错误已经造成了。
But it seems that Mrs Kumquat left our offices even angrier than when she came in and she says she will never use Tip Top Trading again.
但是看起来Mrs Kumquat走出办公室的时候比来之前更生气。她说她再也不会用咱公司的产品了。
I tried my best.
我已经尽力了。
Hmmm. I understand you told her to spray-paint the bananas and to 'stop being such a miserable old witch'.
嗯嗯嗯。我理解你告诉她给香蕉喷漆,还有‘不要表现得像一个可怜的老巫婆’?
Yeah, well look, she'd been very rude to me.
是的,请听我解释,她对我非常粗鲁。
If you weren't such a good salesman I would fire you for that. Anna.
如果你不是一名好的销售员,我会炒你鱿鱼的。Anna。
Yes.
嗯嗯,在。
Well done. Not only was Mr Lime satisfied that his problem would be resolved, but we might even get some extra business from him, thanks to your Imperial Lemon proposal.
你的工作很好。不仅Mr Lime很满意问题的圆满解决,而且我们还可能跟他有更多的合作,多亏了你帝国柠檬的提议。
I hope so.
希望如此。
You were in a difficult situation and you handled it well.
你在困难的情况下,也能处理得很好。
You remained calm, friendly and professional.
你保持镇静,待人友好还很专业。
So, great job. I'm really impressed. I'm going to…(phone rings)
真是干得漂亮。我很敬佩。我打算…(电话铃响了)
Who's that? Oh no. It's a call from the USA.
是谁?噢,不是吧。是美国那边的电话。
Oh god!
噢,我的天啊!
What?
怎么了 ?
It's the boss!
是老板!
Whose boss?
谁的老板?
Ours! The big, big boss, based in America.
我们的!是美国的大,大老板!
Shhhh! (on the phone) Hellooo? Ah, good afternoon Mr Socrates, I mean, er- morning, ha ha, where you are it's … yes, no, n-yes …. I'm not sure.
嘘!(通话中)你好?啊,下午好!Mr Socrates,我意思是早上好,哈,你在哪里,这…是的,不是,不,是…我不确定。
Mrs Kumquat … did she? … well, it was very unfortunate …. purple, yes …. totally unacceptable …. I will. If you'd like I could ….
Mrs Kumquat…是吗她?好的,这真是很不幸…紫色的,是的…完全不能接受…我会的。如果可以的话,你看我能不能…
Mr Socrates? Hello? Mr Socrates? Oh, he's gone.
Mr Socrates?你好?Mr Socrates?噢,他挂了。
Right where was I? Tom, great work. Anna, I'm disappointed. No, no, Anna, great work, I want you to take charge of the Imperial Lemon presentation.
好吧,我刚刚讲到哪了?Tom,干得漂亮。Anna,我很失望。不不,Anna干得漂亮,我想让你来负责帝国柠檬的介绍。
Tom, if you speak to a client like that again there will be disciplinary action.
Tom,如果你还敢对客户这么说话,将会被纪律处分。
Mrs Kumquat was so angry she even emailed Mr Socrates. Ok, that’s it.
Mrs Kumquat生气得都找到Mr Socrates那儿了。好吧,事情就是这样。
Phew! What a relief for Anna.
呼!Anna可以松口气了。
Let's listen again to some of the phrases Paul used to praise her:
我们一起再听一次Paul表扬Anna的句子:
Well done.
干得漂亮。
You were in a difficult situation and you handled it well.
你在困难的情况下,也能处理得很好。
So, great job. I'm really impressed.
真是干得漂亮。我很敬佩。
He also explained why he thought Anna had done a good job:
他再表扬Anna哪里做的好的时候,这么说:
You remained calm, friendly and professional.
你保持镇静,待人友好还很专业。
Excellent work Anna.
Anna,真是干得漂亮。
But Tom's mistakes have given everyone a lot of work to do tomorrow.
但是Tom造成的错误,加大了大家明天的工作量。
First thing tomorrow we need to sort this mess out.
明天第一件事就是处理好这件事情。
Tom, I want you to phone every single client and check the orders.
Tom,你给每位客户打电话确认所有订单。
Anna, you can go to the warehouse and find out what's going on in there!
Anna,你可以去仓库那边,看一下那边在干什么!