足球能使你快乐吗?
Can football make you happy?
So, does football make us happy or sad?
足球会给我们带来快乐还是悲伤?
Professor Peter Dalton, who by the way supports Newcastle, has been studying football and happiness.
彼得·道尔顿教授是英超纽卡斯尔联的球迷,他一直在研究足球和幸福感之间的联系。
Using an app called Mappiness, his team asked fans to rate how they were feeling out of a hundred before and after a game.
通过一款名为“Mappiness”的应用,他的团队让足球迷对他们在球赛前后的感受打分。
They analysed two million responses from 32,000 people.
他们分析了来自32,000人的200万份回复。
This is probably the most comprehensive dataset ever collected on happiness.
“这应该是目前关于幸福研究收集最全面的数据集。
You're twice as unhappy when your team loses as you are happy when your team wins.
当你的球队输球后,你会比在球队赢球时伤心两倍。
On average, it makes us sad and on the face of it, it's (a) pretty irrational thing to do - to be a football fan.
平均而言,足球让我们感到悲伤,而且从表面上看来,成为一个足球迷是一个非常不理智的事情。
It doesn't make sense, you'd be better off doing something else.
这么做没道理,你还不如去做其它事情呢。”
Back at the Stadium of Light, Sunderland have lost 2-1 and are relegated for the second year in a row.
在光明球场,桑德兰以2比1输掉了比赛,并且连续第二年被降级。
Come rain or shine, the true fans will be here next season, because if you love your team you'll come, regardless.
不管发生什么事情,真正的球迷仍会在下个赛季来到这里,风雨无阻,因为你爱你的球队,你就回来,不管怎样。
You're always hopeful that your team's going to win and you go with the people that you know – you’ve got friends that go there.
你总是希望你的球队能赢,你和你认识的朋友一起去看球。
Almost like family, we are, you know.
我们像一家人一样。
And that's what you enjoy. We enjoy the day.
这正是让我们喜欢它的地方。我们享受这一天。
So even if on average football makes us sad, there is always identity, family, hope.
因此,总体来说,即使足球让我们感到悲伤,这里总会有身份、家庭和希望的存在。