危险的事
Risky business
Welcome back.
欢迎大家。
Things are quite tense at Tip Top Trading today.
今天的顶级贸易公司气氛可有点紧张。
Paul, the boss, mistakenly thinks Anna's been smoking on company premises and she's trying to explain herself.
老板Paul误以为Anna在公司吸烟,Anna正试着为自己解释。
But, but…
但,但是……
Frankly, I'm disappointed with you Anna.
老实说Anna,这次我对你很失望。
You're a hard worker but it doesn't mean you can go against company policy.
你很努力,但这不代表你可以违反公司的规定。
Anna, remember the phrases we've learnt about a misunderstanding!
Anna,还记得教给你的那些解释误解的话吗!
Oh yes.
恩,记得。
Paul, I think there's been a misunderstanding.
Paul,这次是你误会了。
A misunderstanding?
误会?
How can you explain the smell of cigarette smoke?
那你怎么解释你身上的香烟味呢?
This is a 'no smoking' building.
我们公司是“无烟”环境。
Let me explain.
请听我解释。
I went down to the warehouse to speak to Mr Ingle and…
我刚才下楼去仓库找Ingle先生谈事情,然后……
well… someone else was smoking.
呃……有人在吸烟。
What!? Someone was smoking in the warehouse?
什么!有人在库房吸烟?
Golly gosh, that's highly dangerous.
天哪,那可太危险了啊。
Who was it Anna?
他是谁,Anna?
Err… well… I can't really say.
呃……这个……我真的不能说。
But I dealt with it and it won't happen again.
不过我已经处理好这件事了,他保证不会再这样做了。
Yes, you dealt with it very well Anna but can you keep your secret about Mr Ingle safe?
是的Anna,你处理好了那件事,但是你能为Ingle先生保密吗?
Thank you Anna and sorry about the misunderstanding.
谢谢你Anna,抱歉刚才误会你了。
Would you like a biscuit?
来一块饼干吧?
Now I really think it's time we had a review of our health and safety procedures.
我觉得我们是时候再来复习一次公司的健康和安全条例了。
Denise, could you gather everyone round in the meeting room please.
Denise,你能把大家叫到会议室吗,谢谢。
I'll have to call you back Marge.
我一会再打给你Marge。
Could you all gather in the meeting room please,
大家请到会议室集合,
Paul has something important to say.
Paul有重要的事要和大家说。
What is it Denise?
什么事啊,Denise?
Is it about my fantastic sales figures again, huh?
是不是要表彰我出色的销售业绩?
I doubt it Tom.
我表示怀疑,Tom。
It sounded urgent.
听起来是件很紧急的事。
I'd better bring some tea.
我最好带杯茶进去。
Thank you for joining me.
谢谢大家过来。
Unfortunately, there has been an incident in the warehouse.
很不幸的是,我们的库房发生了一件小事故。
Someone has been smoking and I'm not happy,
有人在库房吸烟,我很不高兴,
so I thought I would remind you of our health and safety procedures.
所以我想叫大家一起来再回顾一下我们的健康安全条例。
Not this again!
又来!
Your safety is our responsibility.
大家的安全是我们的责任。
But to keep safe we must follow some simple rules.
但是,要保证安全,我们必须要遵守一些简单的规则。
Denise, what's the first one?
Denise,第一条是什么?
If you see a fire, raise the alarm –
如果发生火灾,要拉警报——
oh and call the fire service.
噢,然后报警。
Yeah, you love seeing those firemen, don't you, Denise!
是啊,你很喜欢看到那些消防员,不是吗,Denise!
Shhh Tom.
嘘,Tom。
Maybe you could tell us the other rule?
你来说下一条吧?
Oh yeah right.
噢,好的。
If you hear the fire alarm, get out quick.
如果听到火警,要赶快离开。
Not exactly Tom.
不太准确,Tom。
I think we should walk calmly to our nearest fire exit,
我想应该是保持冷静,然后走到最近的安全出口。
following the green signs,
跟着绿色标记,
go outside and meet at the fire assembly point.
到外面去,然后到集合点集合。
Yes, and I will take a register of who is here,
是的,然后我会记下都有哪些人到了,
using my red pen
用我的红笔。
Do you mind not slurping Denise?
Denise,可以不要砸着嘴喝茶吗?
This is thirsty work.
可是我说这么多话很渴。
Hmm. Now is everyone clear about what to do if there is a fire alarm?
额……那现在大家都清楚听见火警后该怎么做了吧?
It's usually a false alarm anyway.
一般都是假警报罢了。
That's not the point.
那个不是重点。
Now Anna, what about smoking?
Anna,关于吸烟呢?
No smoking on company premises.
办公场所禁止吸烟。
But it wasn't me, it was Mr Ingle.
但那不是我,是Ingle先生。
Mr Ingle!
Ingle先生!
I see, so it was Mr Ingle smoking in the warehouse.
我知道了,所以是Ingle先生在库房吸烟。
You should have told me Anna.
你应该早点告诉我,Anna。
Sorry!
对不起!
Right, I'm going to have to look into this.
好了,我会调查一下这件事的。
Back to work everyone…
大家可以回去工作了……
oh and take a biscuit with you.
噢,拿点点心吧大家。
So Anna's let the cat out of the bag –
Anna把秘密说出来了——
Mr Ingle won't be pleased –
Ingle先生会不高兴的——
but at least she now knows what do if a fire breaks out.
但是至少现在她知道了火灾发生的时候自己该做什么了。
Here are some of the phrases we've heard today,
下面是我们今天听到的一些句子,
that can be used in an emergency:
可以在紧急事件发生的时候用上它们:
If you see a fire, raise the alarm.
如果发生火灾,要拉响警报。
Walk calmly to your nearest fire exit.
保持冷静,走到离你最近的安全出口。
Meet at the fire assembly point.
到安全集合点集合。
No smoking on company premises.
办公场所禁止吸烟。
Sorry to interrupt Paul…
抱歉打扰了,Paul……
but the fire alarm's going off!
但是,火警响了!
Don't panic anyone.
大家不要惊慌。
Everything will be OK.
没事的。
Jane, I'll have to call you back…
Jane,我一会打给你……
yes, a bit of a panic.
恩,有点恐慌。
Bye.
再见。
Quick, where's my red pen?
快,我的红笔呢?
Uh-oh.
啊哈。
Those emergency phrases might come in useful sooner than you think.
没想到那些紧急事件发生时能用的句子这么快就派上用场了。
Is this going to be the end of Tip Top Trading,
这会是顶级贸易公司的末日吗,
will it really go up in smoke?
会一把火化为乌有吗?
Find out next time. Bye.
让我们在下期节目见分晓,再见。