竹筷子回收再利用
Recycling chopsticks
Bamboo chopsticks are some of the world's most popular utensils, but create their fair share of waste.
竹制筷子是世界上最受欢迎的餐具之一,但随之也产生很多垃圾。
A company in Vancouver, Canada, is giving them a new life.
加拿大温哥华的一家公司给这些用过的筷子找到了一个新用途。
Sometimes a good idea starts with frustration - when you understand how resource inefficient we are in our cities.
有时候,一个好的想法始于挫折与无奈——比如,在你了解我们城市里的资源是多么的低效后。
I wanted to make sure to set an example of using chopsticks and create a viable business out of it.
我想树立一个榜样,让人们用筷子,同时以此创办一个可行的商业模式。
ChopValue collects used chopsticks from local restaurants.
ChopValue公司从当地的餐馆收集用过的筷子。
The sticks are cleaned, infused with resin and pressed into tiles.
这些筷子被清洗干净,注入树脂,然后压成片板。
infused with resin and pressed into tiles.
注入树脂并压成瓷砖。
Our limitation was the size of the chopstick at the beginning - so I wanted to keep it very, very modular and very micro,
一开始,我们受筷子大小的限制,所以我想尽可能的模块化,尽量小,
and that's how we developed the first hydraulic hot press that presses 8 by 8 inch tile.
这就是我们开发第一个电热纸样压榨机的方式,它能压出8×8英寸的片板。
It's very highly densified.
这些片板的密度极高。
The tiles are used to make new products, including home decor, kitchenware and table tops.
这些片板被用来制造新产品,包括家居装饰、厨具和桌面。
The company has recycled more than 25 million chopsticks to date.
到目前为止,该公司已经回收了超过2500万双筷子。
They hope to expand by taking their business model abroad.
他们希望通过把业务模式推广到国外来进一步扩大公司的规模。
Think of mass manufacturing today like Ikea would do it.
想想如今像宜家那样大规模生产的公司。
We're kind of the anti-Ikea and the anti-Amazon.
我们比较抵制宜家和亚马逊的模式。
We don't want to ship product.
我们不想长途运送货物。
We don't want to mass-produce in one location.
我们不想在一个地方大规模生产。
We want to produce locally wherever you are - but to scale,
我们希望在所有地方都能按当地所需,就地生产,
with a global design and a global brand of support in the back.
同时背后有一个全球统一的设计和品牌做支撑。
Some of the chopsticks have even found a new life as decor in the restaurants where they were sourced from.
有一些筷子甚至作为装饰物又回到了曾使用过它们的餐馆。