恼羞成怒
Salty
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak with me, Feifei…
大家好,欢迎来到BBC《地道英语》,我是菲菲。
…and me, Roy.
我是罗伊。
We may sound a little different – that's because we are not able to record in our normal studios during the coronavirus outbreak.
我们可能听起来与以往有些不同,这是因为在新冠肺炎疫情爆发期间,我们无法在平时的录音间录制节目。
In this programme,
本期节目中,
we have a word that is used to say when someone is upset over something minor or trivial.
我们要讲一个词,用来表示当某人为一些小事或琐事而感到不安的时候。
Speaking of which, you got really upset when the vending machine didn't have any of those sweets you like this morning!
说到这里,今天早上自动售货机没有你喜欢的糖果时,你真的好生气呀!
I really like 'unicorn truffles' – you have no idea how good they are.
我真的喜欢“独角兽松露”,你不知道它们多好吃。
It ruined my day!
它毁了我的一天!
Everyone likes 'unicorn truffles',
每个人都喜欢“独角兽松露”,
but there's no need to get overly upset about it – they're just sweets!
但是没有必要对此过于不满,他们只是甜食而已!
You were so salty this morning!
今天早上你太“salty”了!
What do you mean salty?
“salty”是什么意思?
You mean I was sweaty?
你是说我出汗了?
I sweat when I get stressed.
压力大的时候我会出汗。
No, Roy.
不是的,罗伊。
'Salty' means you got upset over nothing.
“salty”意味着你因为一些无关紧要的东西不高兴。
They're just sweets.
他们只是糖果。
If you're that desperate for them,
如果你那么想吃,
you should go to the supermarket before work like I did.
你应该像我一样在上班前去趟超市。
Wait, you've got some 'unicorn truffles'!?
等等,你有“独角兽松露”!?
Can I have one, please?
我能要一块吗?
You can have one, and only one.
你可以吃一块,只一块。
Anyway, let's listen to these examples…
不管怎样,让我们来听一听下面的例子。
She was so salty when she lost the board game.
她输了棋盘游戏的时候非常生气。
It's really not that important.
其实没那么重要。
He was so salty yesterday when nobody wanted to go to lunch with him.
昨天没人想和他一起去吃午饭,他特别不高兴。
I'm sorry – it was a bad joke,
我很抱歉,这是个糟糕的玩笑,
but there's no need to get salty about it!
不过,没必要对此生气!
This is The English We Speak from BBC Learning English and we're talking about the word 'salty' – and now Roy,
欢迎收听BBC《地道英语》,我们讨论的是“salty”这个词,
you're salty because I won't give you more sweets!
你这么不开心是因为我不会再给你糖了!
Feifei, you have a bag full of 'unicorn truffles'!
菲菲,你有一个装满“独角兽松露”的袋子!
You could open a sweet shop you have that many!
你有那么多,可以开一家糖果店了!
So, I'm not being salty.
所以,我不是很生气。
I don't think it's unreasonable to be upset that you won't give me one more sweet!
我不认为你再给我一块是不合理的!
Fine, but only because I'm a nice person!
好吧,但只是因为我是个好人!
Talking about being salty,
说到不开心,
did you see Rob this morning?
你今早见到罗伯了吗?
Yes!
是!
Why was he so angry?!
他为什么这么生气?!
I saw him hitting the keyboard!
我看见他敲键盘了!
He was so angry with you, Feifei.
他很生你的气,菲菲。
Haha that's because I unplugged his computer!
哈哈,那是因为我拔了他的电脑插头!
He couldn't turn it on!
他打不开电脑了!
So, when I told him that I'd done it as a joke, he got really salty.
所以,当我告诉他我是开玩笑的时候,他很不高兴。
Hahah you’re the best, Feifei!
哈哈,你是最棒的,菲菲!
You love playing practical jokes on people.
你爱开些“实际”的玩笑。
Well, I need to go back to the desk.
我得回座位上去了。
Wait?! I can't move!
等等?!我动不了了!
I'm stuck to the chair!
我粘在椅子上了!
Yes!
是的!
I know.
我知道呀。
I put lots of superglue on your chair before you sat down!
在你坐下之前,我在你的椅子上涂了很多强力胶!
Don't get salty about it!
别因为这不高兴了!
Here have a couple of 'unicorn truffles' to cheer you up!
这里有几个“独角兽块菌”让你高兴高兴!
Thanks Feifei, but I really need to go back to work.
谢谢菲菲,但我真的得回去工作了。
Can you get me off this chair, please?
你能把我从这椅子上弄下来吗?
Bye, Roy.
再见呀,罗伊。
Bye.
再见。