怀恨者
Hater
Hello, and welcome to The English We Speak, with me, Feifei…
大家好,欢迎来到BBC《地道英语》,我是菲菲……
..and me, Neil.
……我是尼尔。
Hey, Neil. Would you like to try this new coconut smoothie I bought from that new cafe?
嘿,尼尔。你想尝尝我从那家新开的咖啡馆买的新椰子奶昔吗?
Coconut? Yuk, I hate coconut!
椰子?我讨厌椰子!
Oh, right.
哦,是哦。
In fact, I hate that new cafe. It's too expensive.
事实上,我是讨厌那家新咖啡馆,太贵了。
But it's good quality, and the staff are very pleasant.
但它的食品质量非常好,服务人员也很友好。
They always smile and say 'hello'.
他们总是微笑着打招呼。
I hate talking to people in the morning.
我讨厌早上和人说话。
Oh dear, Neil - you're very negative.
哦,天哪,尼尔,你太消极了。
'Hate' is a very strong word.
“Hate”是一个情感很强烈的词。
You're a perfect example of a 'hater'.
你是一个完美的“怀恨者”的例子。
This describes a negative person who dislikes someone or something, but not everything, unlike you, Neil!
这个词描述了一个消极的人,他不喜欢某人或某事,但不是所有事情,可不像你这样,尼尔!
Let's hear from some other 'haters'…
让我们听听其他“怀恨者”的例子吧。
I'm a real hater of restaurants adding a fixed service charge to the bill.
我讨厌那些把固定服务费加在账单上的餐馆。
Why can't I choose how much to tip?
为什么我不能选择付多少小费?
My wife's a hater of horror films,
我老婆不喜欢看恐怖片,
so we had to go and see a romcom at the cinema instead!
所以我们只好去电影院看了一部浪漫喜剧!
So those are examples of 'haters' -
所以这些就是“怀恨者”的例子,
negative people who dislike someone or something, and sometimes without good reason - like Neil.
他们不喜欢某人或某物,比较消极,有时候甚至没什么好的理由,就像尼尔一样。
I hate it when you call me names!
我讨厌你叫我的名字!
But, Feifei, I am allowed to dislike things and I'm not as bad as modern 'haters'.
但是,菲菲,我可以不喜欢东西,我也没有现代的“仇恨者”那么坏。
These are people who write unpleasant things about someone on the internet, like this…
这些人会在网上写一些关于某人的不好的事情,比如这个……
I wish I had ignored the haters who criticised my acting career on my blog.
我希望我不去会那些在博客上批评我演艺事业的人。
It's really knocked my confidence.
这真的打击了我的信心。
Not nice!
太不舒服了!
That's an example of a 'hater' who writes unpleasant things about someone on the internet.
这是一个“仇恨者”的例子,他在网上写了一些关于某人的令人不快的事情。
Someone like this often criticises someone unfairly, or without good reason.
像这样的人经常不公平地,或者没有正当理由地批评别人。
It can be very discouraging.
这会让人非常沮丧。
Don't you just hate those kinds of people, Feifei?
你不讨厌这种人吗,菲菲?
I do, but sometimes it's best just to ignore it.
我知道,但有时候最好还是忽略它。
Yes. Anyway, Feifei, I know what I don't hate - a nice cup of tea.
是的。总之,菲菲,我知道我不讨厌什么——一杯好茶。
Do you fancy making me one?
你想给我泡一杯吗?
…Oh, you're ignoring me now.
哦,你现在不理我了。
I hate it when you do that!
我讨厌你这样!
Bye, Neil.
再见,尼尔。
Oh, bye.
哦,再见。
Alright. Shall I put the kettle on?
好吧。我要把水壶烧上吗?