快餐式内容
Snackable
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak with me, Feifei…
大家好,欢迎来到BBC《地道英语》,我是菲菲……
… and me… Rob.
还有我……我是罗伯。
Rob, could we have your attention please?
罗伯,我们能请你注意一下吗?
Sorry, I'm just snacking.
对不起,我只是在“snacking”。
You know you can't eat in the studio.
你知道不能在演播室里吃东西。
I'm not eating anything – I'm snacking on some funny cat videos –
我什么都没吃——我在看一些有趣的猫咪视频——
sorry, they're really short,
抱歉,视频真的很短,
I won't be long…..
不会很久的……
What, Feifei?
什么,菲菲?
Why the angry face?
为什么一脸怒气?
Because we are here to talk about an authentic English phrase.
因为我们在这里讨论一个地道的英语短语。
OK, OK, well here is one for you – snackable.
好吧,好吧,这个短语是:snackable。
It describes short online articles, videos and other content
它描述了简短的在线文章、视频和其他内容,
that are quick and easy to read or watch.
这些都很短,容易阅读或观看。
Just like these cat videos.
就像这些猫咪视频一样。
And you are demonstrating it very well, Rob!
你解释得很好,罗伯!
I guess it's like eating a snack – quick and easy?
我想这就像吃零食一样,简单又迅速?
Yes – very snackable.
是的,非常的快餐化。
Just like these examples…
就像这些例子一样……
Because my free time is short,
因为我的空闲时间很短,
it's good to find some snackable videos I can watch on my smartphone while I wait for the bus.
在等公共汽车的时候,我可以在智能手机上看到一些快餐化的视频,这挺好的。
The short city guides I found on the internet are very snackable and great for planning my trip around Africa.
我在互联网上发现的那些短小的城市指南非常适合于规划我的非洲之旅。
These days videos are often less than a minute long so that they're snackable and appeal to a younger audience.
这些日常视频往往不到一分钟,所以简单易懂,可以吸引更年轻的观众。
You're listening to The English We Speak from BBC Learning English,
欢迎收听BBC《地道英语》节目,
and we're talking about the word 'snackable',
我们正在讨论“snackable”这个词,
which is a term used to describe short online content that is easy and quick to watch or read.
这个短语用来描述简短、容易被人们理解和消化的概念和内容。
…and the great thing about snackable content, Feifei,
……关于快餐式的内容有一点很好,菲菲,
is you can do it whilst doing other things – like presenting this programme.
你可以在做其他事情的同时看这些内容,比如录制这期节目的时候。
You mean you can multitask – that means do more than one thing at a time.
你的意思是你可以进行多重任务——这意味着你同时做不止一件事情。
Well I can do that too!
我也能做到!
Now where's my smartphone?
我的智能手机呢?
Err Feifei, what are you doing?
菲菲,你在干什么?
Reading a short but interesting article about working with annoying presenters.
阅读一篇简短而有趣的文章,关于和讨厌的主持人合作。
You're not snacking on that,
你可不是在浏览,
you're feasting on it!
你是在尽情享受呢!
Now come on and help me finish the programme.
现在快来帮我完成节目。
OK.
好的。
Thanks for joining us,
感谢收听我们的节目,
we hope you found this programme snackable.
我们希望你觉得本期节目简单有趣。
Bye.
再见。
Now do you want to see these kittens doing really funny tricks?
现在你想不想看看这些小猫咪?它们的小把戏真的很有趣。