踩一脚油门
Step on it
Welcome to The English We Speak. It's Feifei here with Rob, and we're in a bit of a rush…
欢迎来到BBC地道英语,我是菲菲,这位是罗伯,不过我们挺着急的……
…yes yes, I've hurt my foot and we've got to get to hospital. Ouch!
……是的是的,我的脚受伤了,我们得赶紧去医院。哎呦!
Ooo, it looks nasty, Rob – all red and swollen.
哦,这看起来不太好,罗伯——这儿全红了,还肿着。
It was a good job I was driving by when you hurt it.
你受伤了,还好我开车经过。
Yes yes, thanks for the lift, Feifei.
是的是的,感谢你捎我一程,菲菲。
But it really is hurting, so could you step on it, please?
不过我真的很疼,拜托你能不能“踩一脚”?
What?
什么?
Step on it!
“踩一脚”!
Oh, OK if you say so.
哦,好吧,如果你想我这样做的话。
Ow! That was painful – what did you do that for?
哎呦,太疼了——你为什么要这样?
You said 'step on it' – I thought that was an odd request, but I did.
你说要我“踩它一脚”——我觉得这个要求很古怪,不过我还是照做了。
No, Feifei! I meant drive faster – that's what 'step on it' means.
不是的,菲菲!我的意思是踩油门开快点——我说的“踩一脚”是这个意思。
It's what you say to someone to ask them to hurry. That hurt so much.
你跟别人说这句话,是想让他快一点。刚才真的很疼。
Oops, sorry! Right, well hold on tight, Rob, I will step on it while we hear some examples….
哎呀,真对不起!好了,罗伯,抓紧了,我要加大油门了,顺便听一听例子……
Taxi! Could you take me to the station please? And could you step on it? I'm late!
出租车!麻烦你载我到车站好吗?可以开快点吗?我要误点了!
Our coach told us to step on it if we wanted to get to the match on time.
教练说如果想准时参加比赛,我们就要开快一点了。
Please step on it, otherwise we're going to miss the plane.
请开快一点,不然我们就赶不上飞机了。
This is The English We Speak from BBC Learning English. And we're finding out about the phrase 'step on it', which means go faster or hurry up.
这里是BBC地道英语栏目,我们正在讨论短语“step on it”的意思,它是指“踩油门开快点,抓紧时间”。
Well, we're nearly at the hospital, Rob.
好了,罗伯,我们快到医院了。
Good good, because my foot hurts so much – I need urgent medical attention.
太好了,我的脚快“疼死”了——我需要紧急医疗救助。
How exactly did you hurt it?
你到底是怎么受伤的?
I was playing football and another player stepped on my big toe. It was so painful.
踢足球的时候,一个球员踩到我的大脚拇指了,超级疼。
What! So you've got me to 'step on it' – and drive at high speed – because someone stepped on your big toe?
什么!所以你要我加大油门,开得超级快,就是因为有人踩了你的大脚拇指?
This isn't an emergency Rob - you can get out and walk.
罗伯,这可不需要看急诊——你可以出去,走一走。
That's not very nice.
你一点都不关心我。
You had better step on it, Rob – the casualty department shuts in five minutes. Bye.
你最好快点,罗伯——急诊室还有五分钟就要关门了。拜~
Bye.
拜~