无忧无虑
Happy-go-lucky
Hello, I'm Feifei, and this is The English We Speak.
大家好,我是菲菲,欢迎收听地道英语。
You are Rob…
这是罗布……
Yes and hello, you are Feifei!
是的,大家好,这是菲菲!
And Feifei, if you don't mind me saying, you're looking a bit stressed.
菲菲,如果你不介意我这么说,你看上去有些有压力啊。
Stressed!
有压力!
Yes, I am.
对,是的。
I've got to give a presentation later and I don't feel very prepared.
我一会儿得作报告,我觉得准备得不是很好。
Oh relax Feifei.
噢放松菲菲。
There's nothing to worry about.
没什么可担心的。
Really… well I've booked the room, got my laptop ready, printed out the handouts…
真的吗……我已经订好了房间,准备好了笔记本电脑,讲义也打印出来了……
but there must be something else.
但一定还有别的事。
Well you sound very well organised to be honest so stop worrying.
实话说,听起来很有条理啊,所以不要担心了。
It's only a presentation.
只是一个报告。
Everyone will be asleep anyway.
反正大家都会睡着的。
It's easy for you to be so calm and relaxed about it –
对你来说,又平静又放松是挺容易的,
you're not doing it.
你又不用作报告。
Oh come on Feifei, you know me –
哦得了吧菲菲,你了解我的,
I'm always calm and relaxed.
我总是平静又悠闲。
You could say I'm a happy-go-lucky kind of guy.
你可以说我是个无忧无虑的人。
Happy-go-lucky?
无忧无虑?
Well I know you're always happy but I'm not sure about lucky!
嗯,我知道你总是很“快乐”但“幸运”我就不确定了!
No!
不!
Happy-go-lucky describes someone who doesn't worry about the future and just accepts what happens.
无忧无虑描述的是不担心未来,随遇而安的人。
It's not really about luck –
这不是真的关于“幸运”,
it's about keeping calm and not planning everything – like you do!
而是保持淡定,不去像你一样计划一切!
Now chill out and listen to these examples…
现在冷静一下,听听这些例子吧……
My sister is happy-go-lucky:
我姐姐无忧无虑的:
she doesn't worry about a thing, not even exams!
她什么都不担心,甚至考试都不担心!
I like you your happy-go-lucky attitude but you're going to have make a decision on our wedding date!
我喜欢你随遇而安的态度,但你要决定我们婚礼的日期!
Jake's so happy-go-lucky he doesn't seem to be worried that he's losing his job.
杰克太无忧无虑了,他看上去似乎不担心他工作要丢了。
I guess he thinks everything will work out well in the end.
我猜他认为最后一些都会顺利解决的。
So that's 'happy-go-lucky' – a phrase that describes someone who doesn't worry about the future and accepts what happens.
所以“无忧无虑”这个短语描述的是不担心未来,随遇而安的人。
It's something that Rob claims to be but I'm not so sure.
罗布声称他是这样的人,但我不是很确定。
Hey Rob, how's your presentation coming along?
嗨罗布,你的报告进展如何呢?
What presentation?
什么报告?
The one you're doing next Monday.
你下周一要作的那个。
Don't you remember, the boss said we have to take it in turns to do one?
你不记得了吗,老板说我们要轮流做的。
Oh yeah, I remember.
噢对,我记得。
Don't worry, it'll be fine.
别担心,没事的。
What's the worst that can happen?
最坏会怎么样呢?
Are you sure?
你确定吗?
Have you booked a room, prepared your notes, got your laptop working?
你订好房间,准备好笔记和笔记本电脑了吗?
Of course… there's plenty of time to sort that out… isn't there?
当然……还有大把时间来解决这件事情的……不是吗?
I'm afraid I've just got to head off now, things to do… bye!
恐怕我现在得走了,还有事……再见!
Oh dear.
天啊。
It looks like his happiness and luck have gone.
看上去他的快乐和幸运都不见了啊。
Perhaps 'happy-go-lucky' isn't the best phrase to describe Rob.
也许“无忧无虑”不是最适合来描述罗布的短语吧。
Bye.
再见。