实话实说
Not gonna lie
Welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil.
欢迎收听地道英语,我是尼尔。
And I'm Feifei.
我是菲菲。
You're a pretty polite person, aren't you, Feifei?
你可真是个有礼貌的人啊,是吧,菲菲?
Well, thanks.
噢,谢谢你。
I don't know.
我不知道。
I try to be!
我努力去做一个有礼貌的人!
That was a very polite answer!
这可真是个有礼貌的回答啊!
But sometimes we want to say things that are very honest, or that others might not want to hear.
但有时候我们会想说一些非常诚实,或一些其他人不想听的话。
For example, I ask you: "Do I look tired today?"
比如说,我问你:“我今天看上去疲惫吗?”
Well, I could directly say: "Yes, you do look a bit tired."
嗯,我可以直接说:“对,你看上去确实有一点疲惫。”
Or you could start with this slang expression: 'not gonna lie'.
或者你可以用这个俚语表达开头:“实话实说”。
Not gonna lie Feifei, you do look a little tired.
实话实说菲菲,你看上去确实有点累。
I know, I need to get to bed earlier!
我知道,我要睡得再早些。
Gonna' of course, is short for 'going to'.
当然啦,“Gonna”是“going to”的简写形式。
Using this phrase indicates that you're choosing to be honest, rather than polite.
使用这个短语表明你选择做一个诚实的人,而非礼貌的人。
It's not only used for honest criticism;
这个短语不仅用于诚实的批评;
we might also use it before something we're very proud of, or something we boast about.
我们也会在我们引以为豪的事情前用它,或者我们引以为荣的事情前。
For example: I love recording these programmes.
比如:我很爱录这个节目。
Though I'm not gonna lie, I'm the best presenter in the team.
但实话实说,我是这个团队里最棒的主持人。
Whoah, that's enough.
噢,够了。
I'm sure everyone listening agrees that I'm the best presenter.
我确信每个在听节目的人都同意我才是最棒的主持人。
Of course you're a fantastic presenter, Feifei.
你确实是个很棒的主持人,菲菲。
Just an example!
只是举个例子!
Talking of examples, let's hear a few more.
说到例子,让我们再来多听几个吧。
Fancy coming round for dinner tomorrow?
明天想过来吃晚饭吗?
Absolutely.
当然了。
If you're making your famous roast?
你会做那个著名的烤肉吗?
Oh yes.
噢会的。
Not gonna lie, it's the best roast in town!
实话实说,这是城里最棒的烤肉!
Slow down!
慢一点!
You really are a terrible driver Mark, not gonna lie.
实话实说,马克,你真是个糟糕的司机。
Not gonna lie, I absolutely love my job.
实话实说,我绝对热爱我的工作。
I feel so happy when I walk through the office door every day.
每天走过办公室的门的时候,我都感觉非常开心。
That last example sounds just like me.
最后一个例子听起来就像在说我啊。
Especially as I'm the best presenter.
尤其是我是最好的主持人。
OK, OK, that joke is getting old now.
好吧,好吧,这个笑话有点老了。
You're right.
你说得对。
OK, one more thing.
好,还有一件事。
This phrase 'not gonna lie'…
“实话实说”这个短语……
Yes?
怎么?
Not gonna lie, I think some people use it too much!
实话实说,我觉得有的人用得太多了!
Yes, it's become a popular phrase on social media.
对,它在社交媒体上变成了一个流行短语。
Usually accompanied by a photo of someone on holiday at the beach with a post saying "Not gonna lie, it's stunning here!"
通常配上某人在沙滩上度假的照片,再写句话“实话实说,这里棒呆了!”
The kind of post that makes me feel jealous when I'm stuck in the office.
当我还困在办公室的时候,这类帖子让我感到嫉妒。
But I thought you loved your job?!
但我以为你热爱你的工作呀?!
Oh, I do.
噢,我确实热爱。
And yes, you are a very good presenter, Neil.
是的,你是一个非常好的主持人,尼尔。
That makes me feel much better, not gonna lie.
这让我感觉好多了,实话实说。
Bye.
再见。