已无危险
The coast is clear
Hello, I'm Neil…
大家好,我是尼尔……
… and I'm Feifei and this is The English We Speak.
……我是菲菲,欢迎收听地道英语。
So do you want a cup of coffee then, Feifei?
想来杯咖啡吗,菲菲?
Yes, but you know the rules –
想啊,不过你知道规定的——
no drinking coffee in the studio!
录音间里不能喝咖啡!
Well that is the rule but nobody's looking so maybe we could sneak two cups in?
是这样规定的,但也没人看着呀,所以也许我们可以偷偷带两杯进去?
Sneak?
偷偷带?
Yes ok, you keep an eye out for the boss and I'll grab the coffee from the kitchen.
好,你留心老板,我去厨房拿咖啡。
…ok, the coast is clear!
……“海岸线明朗清澈!”
Eh?
啊?
The coast is clear –
“海岸线明朗清澈”,
how do you know that?
你怎么知道的?
We're nowhere near the seaside.
我们离海边可远得很呢。
We don't need to be –
我们不需要在海岸线附近,
it's just a saying.
这只是一句俗语。
The coast is clear means it's safe to do something because nobody is watching –
这句话的意思是现在做某事是安全的,因为没人看着,
so we won't get caught.
所以我们不会被抓。
Ah, got you!
啊,明白了!
So we're being a bit naughty, Neil?
所以我们是在做坏事咯,尼尔?
Yes, that's right –
对,没错,
hopefully nobody will ever find out what we're doing!
希望没人发现我们在干啥!
Let's hear some more examples of this phrase…
让我们来再听几个关于这个短语的句子吧……
I really wanted to know what my birthday present was,
我真的很想知道我的生日礼物是什么,
so when the coast was clear, I unwrapped it –
所以当没有被发现的危险时,我打开了它,
I guess I've spoilt my surprise now!
我想我现在已经毁掉我的惊喜了!
The coast is clear so make a run for it before you get caught!
危险已过,在被抓到之前赶快逃跑吧!
Ok – so that's the coast is clear which means it's safe to do something which isn't allowed while nobody is watching.
好,所以“海岸线明朗清澈”的意思是没有人看着的时候,做不被允许做的事是安全的。
Right Neil, is the coast still clear?
对了尼尔,现在还安全吗?
Yes, but quick before someone comes.
嗯,但在有人来之前要快一点啊。
Quick… someone's coming!
快……有人来啦!
Oh hello Feifei… are you making coffee for the team?
噢你好呀菲菲……你在给咱们组冲咖啡吗?
Thanks -
谢谢,
I'll take those from you shall I?
我就把这些拿走了好吧?
You wouldn't want to be caught drinking those in the studio now, would you?
你不想被抓到在录音间喝咖啡对吧?
You know the rules!
你知道规定的!
See ya.
回头见。
Err, see you later, Debbie.
呃,一会儿见,黛比。
Oh dear Neil, it looks like the coast wasn't clear.
噢亲爱的尼尔,这看上去可不是危险已过啊。
I think we got away with it.
我还以为我们侥幸成功了呢。
Anyway, that's the end of the programme.
不管怎样,节目就到这里啦。
What shall we do now?
我们现在干嘛呢?
Coffee?
喝点咖啡?
Yeah.
嗯。
Good idea, let's go.
好主意,走。
Bye.
再见。