毫不犹豫地
At the drop of a hat
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak.
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语。
I'm Feifei.
我是菲菲。
And I'm Rob.
我是罗布。
So Feifei, have you got any holiday plans?
菲菲,假期有什么计划吗?
Yes I have actually.
对,我有。
Three weeks in Australia.
在澳大利亚待三周。
Australia – wonderful!
澳大利亚,太棒啦!
If I had the money, I'd go there at the drop of a hat.
要是我有钱的话,“帽子掉了我就去”。
What?
什么?
At the drop of a hat?
“帽子掉了就去”?
Here, take my hat.
给,拿上我的帽子。
Your hat?
你的帽子?
Yes, you said you'd go at the drop of hat,
对呀,你说你“帽子掉了就去”,
so here's my hat, now drop it –
这是我的帽子,让它掉到地上,
and then you can go.
然后你就可以去啦。
I wish it was that simple.
我希望真能这么简单。
When I said at the drop of a hat I meant 'immediately'.
我说“帽子掉了就去”,意思是“立即”。
If I had enough money,
如果我有足够的钱,
I would go to Australia immediately – without delay.
我就会立即去澳大利亚,一点儿都不耽搁。
I see.
我明白了。
So in other words,
所以换句话说,
you would go to Australia without hesitation.
你会毫不犹豫地去澳大利亚。
Exactly.
就是这样。
Let's hear some more examples…
让我们来听几个例子吧……
My husband just can't stop spending -
我的丈夫无法停止花钱,
he buys clothes at the drop of a hat!
他会毫不犹豫地买衣服!
If I knew what to do next,
如果我知道下一步怎么做的话,
I'd quit my job at the drop of a hat.
我就会毫不犹豫地辞掉工作。
Until then, I'll stay where I am.
在那之前,我会待在我所在的地方。
My wife's expecting a baby so I might have to rush to the hospital at the drop of a hat.
我妻子要生孩子了,所以我得立即赶往医院。
To do something at a drop of a hat means to do something immediately without even thinking about it.
“毫不犹豫地”做某事,意思就是说想都不用想,立即做某事。
Well Rob, I'll send you a postcard when I get to Australia but it may take a while.
罗布,我到了澳大利亚会给你寄明信片的,但这可能会需要一段时间。
Why's that?
为什么啊?
Well I'm going skiing in France first.
我要先去法国滑雪。
Oh, well that's somewhere where you really don't want to drop your hat –
噢,那是一个你真的不想丢掉你帽子的地方,
it'll be freezing!
那儿将会非常冷的!
So you don't fancy coming with me then?
所以你不愿意和我一起去咯?
Skiing?
滑雪?
No, that's something I wouldn't do at the drop of a hat.
不了,这件事我不会毫不犹豫地去做。
I'll think about it.
我会考虑一下。
But have fun.
不过祝你玩得开心呀。
Thanks.
谢谢啦。
Bye!
再见!