友敌
Frenemy
Hello, and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Feifei…
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语,我是菲菲……
…and hello, I'm Neil.
……大家好,我是尼尔。
So Feifei, did you enjoy Jane's leaving party last night?
菲菲,昨晚你在简的告别会上玩得开心吗?
Oh yeah, it was great.
噢,开心,聚会很棒。
Free food and free drink…
免费的食物,免费的饮品……
But that was the only reason was it?
但这不是唯一的原因对吧?
Weren't you sad to see her leave?
看她要离开,你不伤心吗?
You've worked with her for many years.
你和她共事了很多年呀。
Oh… right… yes.
噢……对……是的。
I'm very sad.
非常伤心。
Such a shame to see her go.
看她要走真的是太可惜了。
We were such good friends.
我们是那么要好的朋友。
Friends!
朋友!
Really?
真的吗?
Didn't she tell the boss when you took that extra-long lunch break?
那次你午餐休息了超长时间,不是她告诉老板的吗?
Oh yeah –
噢是的,
but generally, we were best buddies.
但总体上来说,我们是最好的伙伴。
Hmm, and didn't you once punch her when she tried to chat up your boyfriend at the Christmas party?
嗯,她在圣诞晚会上想跟你男朋友搭讪,你不是还打过她吗?
OK, OK, I didn't like her that much.
好吧,好吧,我没有那么喜欢她。
Well it sounds like you were really her 'frenemy' –
听上去你确实是她的“友敌”,
someone who pretends to be her friend but is really her enemy.
就是假装是她朋友但实际上是她的敌人。
It's a combination of two words – friend and enemy.
这是“朋友和敌人”这两个词的合成词。
Get it?
懂了吗?
Yes, a fren-emy!
是的,友敌!
Hmm, I've never had one of those before.
嗯,我以前从没有友敌。
Really?
真的吗?
Well let's hear this word in action…
好吧,让我们听听这个词是怎么用的……
She seems so false,
她看起来太虚伪了,
I wouldn't trust her –
我不会信任她的,
she's just a frenemy.
她只是友敌。
Tania's been my frenemy for years –
塔妮娅多年来一直是我的友敌,
I'd go for a quick drink with her but that's it!
我要去和她小饮一杯,不过也就是这样了!
Tom's just my frenemy –
汤姆只是我的友敌而已,
I pretend to like him but really I can't stand him!
我假装喜欢他,但实际上我不能忍受他!
If you pretend to be friends with someone but in reality you don't like each other then they are your 'frenemy'.
如果你假装和某人是好朋友,但实际上你们不喜欢彼此,那么他们就是你的“友敌”。
I wonder if I was her frenemy?
我想知道我是不是她的友敌?
I'm afraid you were.
你恐怕是。
She told me she was only friends with you so she could share your biscuits –
她告诉我她和你做朋友只是为了分享你的饼干,
and she didn't really like you.
而且其实她并不喜欢你。
She told me at the party last night.
她昨晚在聚会上告诉我的。
Thank goodness we're real friends Neil –
幸亏我们是真正的朋友呀尼尔,
at least we can be honest with each other.
至少我们能对彼此坦诚相待。
Well actually, I don't like you much either.
好吧,其实,我也不是很喜欢你。
I only pretend to be your friend when I'm presenting this programme!
在做节目的时候,我才假装是你的朋友!
Oh no!
噢不!
Now I've got two frenemies!
现在我有两个友敌了!
Oh don't cry Feifei.
噢别哭呀菲菲。
I was only joking.
我只是在开玩笑。