安娜的抉择
Anna's decision
Hello again and welcome back to English at Work- the drama about life at the plastic fruit production company called Tip Top Trading.
大家好,欢迎来到职场英语栏目--收听背景为顶呱呱贸易的塑料水果制造公司上演的情景剧。
You may remember Anna, the company’s newest and brightest sales executive, was offered a promotion and a marriage proposal at the same time.
大家可能还对安娜记忆犹新,这个女孩是这家公司新来的销售主管,可谓前途无量。最近她同时得到了工作升职的机会与别人的求婚。
She’s taken time out to think about her reply but everyone in the office really misses her.
她最近一直在花时间想该怎样回复,不过办公室里的每个人都很想念她。
I dunno Denise, I’d be good for Anna, I think we would be seen a perfect pair.
丹尼斯,我真的不知道,不过我觉得我一定会对安娜好的,我觉得我们是天造地设的绝配。
Mr and Mrs Darcy… it sounds good…
达西先生,达西夫人……这听起来很好……
LIFT DOOR OPENS
这时候,门开了。
I’m back!
我回来啦!
Anna! I… we weren’t expecting you.
安娜!我……我们没想到你会这么快回来。
Yes I can see that- perhaps you could tidy up your desk Tom.
嗯,我看出来这一点了---不过,汤姆,你是不是该清理一下你的桌子啊?
Very funny Anna-still trying to be the boss!
好吧,安娜---你还是那么爱呼来喝去的!
So did you have a good trip?
你旅途愉快吗?
Did you get some ‘head space’?
你的“大脑得到放松的空间”了吗?
Eh?
额?
He means time alone to think about the things you want to think about.
汤姆的意思是,时间能让人想通应该考虑的事情。
Tell him you’ve been chewing things over.
告诉他,你已经仔细考虑过了。
It means you’ve been thinking about your proposals and say I have come to a final decision.
意思就是说,你已经考虑了他的求婚,并要得出一个最终的结论。
OK, well it’s true;
好吧,是这样的。
I have done a lot of thinking.
我想了很多。
Tom, I did have some head space and a chance to… chew things over…
汤姆,我确实利用这个机会好好考虑了一下。
Yes! Yes! And?
嗯!嗯!结果呢?
And I’ve come to a final decision.
我已经最终决定了。
The answer is ‘yes’.
我的答案是肯定的。
I accept.
我接受。
There’s no doubt really…
真的毫无疑问。
I should give it a go…
我应该试一试。
I need the experience…and besides, what’s the worst thing that can happen?
我需要经验……而且,最坏的结果又能差到哪里去呢?
Oh Anna. I’m so happy.
哦,安娜。我太开心了。
You won’t regret your decision.
你一定不会后悔你的决定的。
Hmm- is Anna really saying ‘yes’ to Tom’s marriage proposal or has there been a misunderstanding?
嗯……安娜是答应了汤姆的求婚吗?还是这其中有误会呢?
Here are some of the phrases we’ve heard today:
下面是一些我们今天听到的短语:
I’ve had a chance to chew things over
我有了机会好好考虑一下。
I’ve come to a final decision
我已经最终决定了。
I’ll give it a go
我会试一试的。
You won’t regret your decision
你不会后悔你的决定的。
Find out if we can look forward to Anna and Tom’s wedding in the next episode of English at Work.
下一期栏目,让我们来看看安娜和汤姆是否会结婚。再见啦!
Bye!
再见!