共进午餐
Doing lunch
Last week, Anna got the job of sales executive at Tip Top Trading, thanks to her quick-thinking in an office crisis.
上周,Anna能得到顶级贸易公司销售主管这份工作,多亏了她在办公室危机中的敏捷思维。
Today it’s her first day in the office. How are you feeling now, Anna?
今天是她第一天上班。Anna,感觉怎么样?
Excited, but a bit worried. I really want to make a good first impression.
很兴奋,但也有一点担心。我想给大家留下良好第一印象。
Well, you’re going to need some phrases to introduce yourself politely, such as:
恩,那你需要些礼貌短语介绍自己。比如:
Hello, I don’t think we’ve met.
你好,我想我们以前还没见过。
You must be – and say the person’s name.
你就是。。。说出那个人的名字。
I’ve just joined the team.
我刚刚加入团队。
Nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你。
Have you worked here long?
你在这工作很久了吗?
Why don’t you start by saying hello to Tom Darcy, the Senior Account Manager?
Anna,你可以先和高级客户经理Tom打个招呼。
(On the phone) Yah, yah, no, yah, yah, OK, yah. I'll seal the deal, yah, no worries. OK, see ya mate, bye! (Hangs up)
(打电话中)是,对,恩,好。我会搞定的,别担心。就这样,回头见,拜拜~(挂断电话)
Hello, I don’t think we’ve met.
你好,我想我们以前还没见过。
No.
恩,没见过。
You must be Tom. I’m Anna. I’ve just joined the team.
你就是Tom吧?我是Anna,刚刚加入团队。
Uh huh.
恩呢。
Nice to meet you. Have you worked here long?
很高兴认识你。你在这里工作很久了吗?
Sorry, I’m quite busy right now – I’ve got a big deal just coming through. But let’s get together sometime.
抱歉,我现在很忙,要处理件大事。咱俩改天聚吧。
Um... can you do lunch tomorrow?
那个,明天一起吃午餐怎样?
You want me to do lunch? Well, I’m not very…
你想让我做午饭?那好吧,可我不太。。。
(Telephone rings) Sorry, important client. Lunch tomorrow at 12.30 then?
(电话铃响)对不起,重要客户。明天中午12:30吃午饭,说好了啊?
(On the phone) Tom speaking. Yah! Frankie! So what’s the latest, are we on?
(打电话中)我是Tom。啊,Frankie!最近咋样?
Well, OK then.
呃,那好吧。
Great Anna! You used some nice phrases to introduce yourself.
太棒了,Anna!你刚介绍自己时用到了几个不错短语。
It’s a shame Tom thinks he’s too important to do the same.
但遗憾的是,Tom要接重要客户的电话,无法和你热情打招呼。
I’m sure he’s just busy. But I’m a bit worried about tomorrow!
我想他是太忙了。不过,我有点担心明天。
(The next day…) (Struggling into the office carrying cooking implements) Good morning Paul!
(第二天)(拿着烹饪器具走进办公室)Paul,早上好!
Good morning Anna, are you OK?
早上好,Anna,你还好吧?
Fine, the kitchen’s through there, isn’t it?
恩,还好。厨房是这么走吧?
Er, yes.
呃,是的。
(Kitchen noises as Anna starts preparing lunch) Anna!
(随着Anna准备午餐,厨房里传来噪音)Anna!
Oh hi, Denise!
哦,嗨,Denise!
What are you doing?
你在干吗啊?
Cooking lunch for Tom.
给Tom做午饭。
You what?
你,在干嘛?
Tom asked me to have lunch ready for 12.30.
Tom让我在12:30前准备好午饭。
Did he indeed?
他真让了?
Er, Anna.
呃,Anna。
Hi Tom!
嗨,Tom!
What are you doing?
你在做什么?
Spring rolls, followed by crispy duck in black bean sauce.
春卷,刚刚还做了个豆酱脆皮鸭。
No, I mean, why are you cooking?
不,我是说,你为什么要做饭?
Well, if I don’t start now, it won’t be ready for you by 12.30.
呃,如果我不现在做,12:30前就做不完了。
Oh, you misunderstood me, Anna. When I said “Can you do lunch?” it didn’t mean “Can you make lunch?”
哦,你误会我的意思了,Anna。我说“Can you do lunch?” ,意思不是“你可以做午饭吗?”
It meant “Are you available to come to lunch with me?” In a cafe or something.
而是“你能和我一起吃午饭吗?”比如去咖啡馆等地方。
Oh!
哦!
Mmm... something smells good, but what’s going on here?
恩。。。闻起来不错,发生什么事了?
Anna thinks it’s her job to cook for people!
Anna以为做饭是她的工作!
No, no, I misunderstood!
不,不是的,我理解错了!
Anna just got a bit confused.
Anna只是有点混乱。
Well, never mind, it looks tasty.
没关系。看起来挺好吃的。
There’s enough for everyone if you want some.
大家想吃就吃,我做的够多。
I think that’s a splendid idea, we can have an office picnic!
这是个好主意,我们可以在办公室野餐了!
Yes!
太棒了!
Mmm, that sauce looks delicious.
呃,豆酱很好吃。
Yes, it’s my favourite.
当然,这可是我的最爱。
Well, once again everything has worked out well for Anna!
呼,这一次Anna又解决了问题!
Before we go, a reminder of the phrases she used:
在节目结束前,一起回顾下她用到的短语:
Hello, I don’t think we’ve met.
你好,我想我们以前还没见过。
You must be Tom.
你一定是Tom。
I’ve just joined the team.
我刚刚加入团队。
Nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你。
Have you worked here long?
你在这工作很久了吗?
Just remember - if somebody says “Would you like to do lunch?” they’re not usually expecting you to cook for them! Goodbye.
要记得哦,如果有人说“Would you like to do lunch?”他们通常不是要你做午饭的意思!拜拜~