男人说教
Mansplaining
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak from BBC Learning English,
大家好,欢迎收听BBC英语教学的地道英语,
I'm Neil and with me is Feifei.
我是尼尔,和我一起的是菲菲。
Hello.
大家好。
Now Feifei, if you just put on your headphones you'll be able to hear what I'm saying.
现在菲菲,如果你把耳机带上的话,你就能听到我在说什么了。
Yes, I know that.
嗯,我知道。
And you need to push that thing there –
而且你需要推一下那里的那个东西,
we call it a fader –
我们把它叫做音量控制器,
we push that up and speak into the microphone.
我们把它推上去,对着麦克风说话。
Ah, yes Neil I already know that.
啊,好的,尼尔,这些我都知道。
You see, Feifei, you have to be careful not to be too close to the microphone when you speak,
菲菲你看,你必须要当心,说话的时候别离麦克风太近,
because the pressure of your breath will create this sound -
因为你呼吸的压力,会发出这种声音,
we call that a 'pop' and the recording will sound bad and our listeners will complain.
我们将其称为“爆裂声”,这样的话录音听起来会很不好,我们的听众也会抱怨的。
Neil!
尼尔!
I've been working in radio for over 10 years!
我在电台工作了十多年了!
I know how to use the studio!
我知道怎样使用演播室!
Stop mansplaining.
停止你的男人说教吧。
Feifei, I was only doing it to introduce that word – mansplaining.
菲菲,我这么做只是为了介绍这个词——男人说教。
It's a new word.
这是个新词。
It's made up of two parts – 'man' and 'explaining'.
它由两部分构成,“男人”和“解释”。
Mansplaining is when a man explains something to a woman as if they are stupid or knows less about a subject simply because she is a woman.
男人说教是说男性向女性解释一些事情,就好像仅仅因为她们是女性,她们就很蠢,或对于一件事情了解得更少一样。
Here are some examples.
这儿有一些例子。
So there was this guy mansplaining the offside rule to me.
这个人自以为是地向我解释越位规则。
I've been playing football since I was 4 years old!
我从4岁就开始踢足球了好不好!
Push your foot down a bit harder on the clutch before you try to change gear.
在你试图换档前,用你的脚再用力一点来踩离合器。
It'll make it much smoother.
这样会更顺畅的。
Quit the mansplaining.
停止你的男人说教。
I'm a taxi driver, OK?
我是出租车司机,好吗?
Mansplaining.
男人说教。
A man's explanation to a woman,
男性向女性说教,
which shows he thinks he knows more than her just because he's a man.
以显示他认为因为自己是男性,所以知道的比女性更多。
And did you know Feifei that it's also a verb – to mansplain?
菲菲,你知道“男人说教”也是一个动词吗?
Yes, language changes all the time, Feifei.
是的,语言一直在改变,菲菲。
New words come and old words change meaning.
新单词出现,旧单词改变意义。
That's something all language learners need to know…
这是所有的语言学习者都需要知道的事情…
Neil!
尼尔!
Stop!
停!
Mansplaining!
男人说教!
Bye!
再见!