上网自诊狂
Cyberchondriac
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak with me, Feifei…
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语,我是菲菲…
…and me, Sian.
…还有我,西恩。
Hello!
大家好!
Hey Feifei what are you doing on your phone?
嘿,菲菲,你拿着手机干嘛呢?
We've got a programme to record.
我们还要录节目呢。
Well you see I've got a really bad headache
好吧你知道我头痛得厉害,
and it says here on this website that I might have a head injury,
这个网站上说我头部可能受到了什么损伤,
or maybe a tumour or…
或者是长了肿瘤,或者…
Or maybe you've just got a headache!
或者你可能只是头疼而已!
Give me that phone…
把那个手机给我…
you're just scaring yourself!
你只是在自己吓自己而已!
Hang on it says here that I should go to the hospital if I have these other symptoms.
等一下,这里说如果我有其它这些症状的话我应该去医院的。
Maybe I do have a fever…
也许我是发烧了…
I am feeling quite hot.
我确实感觉好热哦。
That's because it's boiling in here –
那是因为这里很热,
I'm hot too…
我也很热…
and I'm starting to get a headache.
而且我觉得我开始头疼了。
I know exactly what's wrong with you –
我清楚地知道你究竟怎么了——
you have a case of cyberchondria!
你有上网自诊狂的症状!
Cyberchondria?
上网自诊狂?
Oh dear I knew something was wrong.
天哪,我知道有什么地方出问题了。
That sounds serious –
听上去好严重啊,
what is it?
这是什么病?
A cyberchondriac is someone who looks up medical advice on the internet for every symptom they have
上网自诊狂是说在网上查对自己每个症状的医疗建议的人,
and then gets really anxious
他们之后会变得非常焦虑,
because they think they have a serious illness!
因为他们觉得自己得了很严重的病!
Just like you're doing.
就像你现在所做的一样。
Oh, like a 'hypochondriac' -
噢,就像“疑病症患者”一样,
that's someone who imagines illnesses that they don't have, isn't it?
就是本来没病,却想象自己有病的人,对吧?
Exactly, this term is a combination of 'cyber' – relating to computers – and hypochondriac.
完全正确,这个词是“网络的”——和电脑相关,以及“疑病症患者”这两个词的结合。
Let's hear some examples…
让我们来听几个例子吧…
There are so many medical websites nowadays,
如今有许多的医学网站,
it's no wonder more and more people are self-diagnosing and becoming cyberchondriacs.
也难怪越来越多的人会自我诊断,变成了上网自诊狂。
I was convinced that I had this really rare disease that I read about online.
我原来确定我得了在网上看到的一种罕见疾病,
Turns out I just wasn't drinking enough water!
但结果只是我水没喝够!
Ha!
哈!
You're such a cyberchondriac!
你真是个上网自诊狂啊!
Right, let's get on with the programme –
好了,让我们继续今天的节目吧。
I haven't brought my glasses today so I'm afraid I can't read the script very well.
我今天没把眼镜带过来,所以我怕我不能读好稿子。
What?
什么?
You've forgotten your glasses?
你忘记戴眼镜啦?
Well no wonder you've got a headache.
好吧,难怪你头痛呢。
Oh yeah that could be it.
噢对,可能就是这样哦。
Phew I was convinced something terrible was wrong with me.
唷,我本来还觉得身体出了什么大问题呢!
Right, let's get on with the programme.
好啦,我们继续做节目吧。
Hang on there's a link here to the 'ten most dangerous tropical diseases'
等一下,这儿有一个链接,“十大最危险的热带疾病”,
I'll just have a quick look….
我就稍微看两眼…
But you haven't even been to a tropical country lately.
但你最近根本就没有去过热带国家呀。
Put the phone down!
把手机放下!
Alright!
好吧!
See you later.
一会儿见。
Bye!
再见啦!
Bye.
再见。