大量,许多
Shedloads
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak.
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语。
I'm Feifei and joining me is Sian.
我是菲菲,和我一起的是西恩。
If she ever arrives.
如果她来了的话。
Where is she?
她在哪儿呢?
Hi everyone.
嗨大家好。
Sorry I'm late Feifei.
对不起菲菲,我迟到了。
That's OK, you're here now.
没事啦,你现在都来了。
How was your trip to France?
你去法国的旅行怎么样啊?
The holiday was lovely thanks –
假期很美好,谢谢。
but it's not so great being back!
但是回来之后就不那么好了!
I've returned to a shedload of emails.
我回来之后有一堆邮件要处理。
That's why I'm so late.
这就是我来的这么晚的原因。
A 'what' load of emails?
一“什么”负荷的邮件?
– did you forget how to speak English on your holiday Sian!?
你度了个假忘了怎么说英语了吗西恩!?
Of course not!
当然不是!
'A shedload' just means 'a lot'.
“大量”就是“许多”的意思。
So, 'a shedload of something' is 'a very large amount or number of something'.
所以,“大量的某种东西”是说“大批或是许多某种东西”。
Hmmm, so I can say 'I've got shedloads of money'?
嗯,所以我可以说“我已经得到大量的钱了”?
Yes – that's right.
是的——对。
Lucky you!
你太幸运啦!
We can also the singular form 'a shedload',
我们也可以用单数形式的“大量”,
as in 'you've got a shedload of money'.
比如在“你已经得到了大量的钱”这个句子里这样。
Let's hear some more examples.
让我们再听几个例子吧。
Jim gets paid shedloads of money,
吉姆领工资领了许多的钱,
so don't worry,
所以别担心,
I'm sure he can afford it.
我确定他能买得起的。
We don't need to go out for dinner tonight;
我们今晚不需要出去吃晚饭;
we've got a shedload of food in the fridge!
我们冰箱里有很多的食物!
We can also use 'shedload' or 'shedloads' without 'of' if it's clear what we're talking about.
如果能说清楚的话,我们也可以用“大量”或者是它的复数形式,不加“的”。
Like in these examples.
就像在这些例子里的一样。
He spent shedloads on his new car.
他为他的新车花了很多钱。
I can't go anywhere.
我哪里也不能去。
I've got shedloads to do today.
我今天有许多事要做。
Great, so shall we go and get some lunch now?
太棒了,那我们现在去吃点午饭吧?
I told you I've got all those emails to get through.
我跟你说过啦,我得处理收到的那些邮件。
Yes - but you've got shedloads of time!
对——但你有很多时间!
There's no rush.
不急嘛。
OK, but as you've got shedloads of money,
好吧,但是鉴于你已经挣了许多钱,
you're paying!
那你来请客吧!
I didn't say that.
我可没说呀。
Yes you did,
你说了,
you said it a few minutes ago –
你在几分钟之前说的——
we all heard you!
我们可全都听见了!
But it was just an example…
但那只是一个例子嘛…
Oh never mind.
哎呀那好吧。
Come on - lunch is on me!
来吧,午饭我请。