喜欢小题大做的人
Drama queen
Oh, hello, Feifei.
噢,嗨,菲菲。
Already here to present The English We Speak.
你已经在这儿录《地道英语》啦。
What do you mean by 'already here', Callum?!
你说“已经在这儿”是什么意思,卡勒姆?!
And what are all these bags you have with you?
还有这些袋子,你是去干什么了?
Shopping.
购物啊。
Shopping?!
购物?!
I'm here in the studio, waiting for you and you went shopping?!
我在演播室里等着你,你却去购物了?!
This is absurd.
这真是太荒唐了。
Oh, come on, Feifei, we still have a couple of minutes to go.
噢,别这样,菲菲,我们还有几分钟时间呢。
Don't be such a drama queen!
别这样小题大做!
Drama queen?!
小题大做?
Yes, drama queen!
是的,小题大做!
We say someone is a drama queen
我们说某个人是喜欢小题大做的人,
when he or she becomes very angry or upset over tiny small things like…
就是说他或她会因为微不足道的小事而非常生气或者心烦,比如…
… like you being late…
…比如因为你迟到…
Not late - shopping.
不是迟到,是去购物。
Now, let's hear some examples of how the expression 'drama queen' is used.
现在让我们来听几个例子,看看“喜欢小题大做的人”这个词是怎么用的吧。
Oh, it's raining and my new hairdo is ruined!
噢,下雨了,我的新发型要毁了!
All those hours in the hairdresser for nothing!
在理发师那儿待了几个小时全白费了!
Don't be such a drama queen.
别这么小题大做。
Here, take my umbrella.
喏,拿上我的伞。
I'm not dining out with Peter anymore.
我再也不和彼得一起出去吃饭了。
If the dish is not cooked exactly the way he likes he makes a big fuss.
只要食物不是完全按照他喜欢的方式烹制的,他就会大惊小怪。
He's such a drama queen!
他真是太小题大做了!
That's it, Feifei.
就是这样的,菲菲。
And now, here, in my bag…
那么现在,这里,我的包里…
What, now you're going to sort out your shopping?
什么,现在你就要对你买回来的东西进行分类了吗?
This is for you, Feifei!
这是给你的,菲菲!
Oh, a present for me?!
噢,给我的礼物?!
Oh… you shouldn't have…
噢…其实你不必…
You didn't want people to know it's your birthday, but…
你不想让别人知道今天是你的生日,但是…
well, happy birthday, Feifei!
嗯,生日快乐,菲菲!
Ohhh!
噢!
I don't know what to say…
我不知道该说些什么了…
I guess I'll have to take back my words.
我觉得我要收回我的话。
Thank you, Callum.
谢谢你,卡勒姆。
You know what?
你知道吗?
We can make the programme a bit later.
我们可以再晚一点才做节目。
Let's celebrate!
让我们来庆祝吧!
OK.
好呀。
Bye!
再见!