你在逗我!
You're pulling my leg!
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak.
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语。
I'm Feifei…
我是菲菲…
… and hello, I'm Rob.
…大家好,我是罗布。
So Feifei, how was your holiday –
菲菲,你的假期过得怎么样?
did you go anywhere special?
去什么特别的地方了吗?
Yes, I did.
对,去了。
I went walking.
我去远足了。
Very healthy.
非常健康呀。
And where did you go?
你去哪里了?
Oh, I walked up Mount Everest….
噢,我登上了珠穆朗玛峰…
It was tough and cold but I made it.
这真的很困难,还很冷,但是我做到了。
Oh… You walked up Mount Everest –
噢…你登上了珠穆朗玛峰——
the highest mountain in the world?
世界上最高的山峰?
Are you sure?
你确定?
You don't think I'm fit enough to do it, do you?
你不觉得我足够健康,能做到这件事,对吧?
Come on Feifei, you're pulling my leg.
得了吧菲菲,你在拉我的腿。
I'm not even touching you.
我碰都没有碰你。
No, I don't mean you're actually pulling my leg –
不,我不是说你真的在拉我的腿——
I mean you're lying aren't you?
我是说你在说谎,对吧?
You're joking with me?
你在跟我开玩笑?
You think I'm not telling the truth –
你觉得我没在说实话——
I'm tricking you?
我在骗你?
But am I?!
但我真的在骗你吗?
Come on Feifei, stop teasing me –
得了吧菲菲,别逗我了——
you didn't do it did you?
你根本就没做这件事对吧?
I did.
我做了。
I'll show you some photos.
我会给你看几张照片的。
But let me hear some more examples of the phrase in action first…
但是让我先再听几个句子,看看这个习语是怎么运用的吧…
So I got to the restaurant and sat down at my table
我到了餐厅,在我那一桌坐下,
and guess who was sitting on the next table – George Clooney!
猜猜旁边那桌坐着谁——乔治·克鲁尼!
You're pulling my leg!
你在逗我吧!
I was pulling his leg when I said I was going to marry Jenny
我说我要和詹妮结婚的时候是在逗他,
but he believed me and bought me a present!
但他却相信了,还给我买了礼物。
Oh stop pulling my leg –
噢,别逗我了——
you can't have won the lottery,
你不可能中彩票的,
you didn't even buy a ticket!
你连买彩票都没买!
So to pull someone's leg means to fool or trick them but in a fun way.
所以说拉某人的腿就是说用一种有趣的方式愚弄或者哄骗某人。
Look at this photo Rob,
看这张照片罗布,
you can see how much snow there was on Everest –
你能看到珠穆朗玛峰上有多少雪——
and look, there's me on top.
看,这是我,在山顶呢。
Hold on –
等一下——
this is a trick photo –
这是一张特效照片——
you had this taken in one of those photo-booths where you stand in front of a big screen.
你是在一间照相亭里照的这张照片,你站在一个大屏幕前面。
You're not pulling my leg!
你还不是在逗我!
Ooo… ouch… actually…
唔…哎呀…实际上…
It looks like you've pulled something in your own leg –
看上去就像你在你自己腿上扯了什么东西——
a muscle, maybe?
一块肌肉,也许吧?
Who's the fool now?
现在谁是傻瓜了?
Ok, I didn't walk up Everest.
好吧,我没有登上珠穆朗玛峰。
I was teasing you but you almost believed me!
我是在逗你啦,但你差点就相信我了!
Didn't.
没有。
Did!
有!
Did not.
没有。
Did.
有。