礼尚往来
One good turn deserves another
Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Feifei…
大家好,欢迎收听地道英语,我是菲菲…
… and hello I'm Rob.
大家好,我是罗布。
Rob, thanks for giving me a lift home from the station tonight.
罗布,谢谢你今晚让我从车站搭你的车回家。
No problem Feifei.
没事的菲菲。
Happy to help…
很乐意帮忙…
and look we're almost home…
看我们快到家了…
just turn this corner.
拐过这个弯就到了。
Great -
太棒了,
I would have got very wet walking home in this rain.
下着雨,我要是走回家一定会淋湿的。
That's OK…
没关系…
but I was wondering if you could do something for me now?
但我想知道你现在可不可以为我做一些事情呢?
Oh!
噢!
Rob, did you just give me a lift home so that I would do something for you?
罗布,你送我回家,是为了让我为你做什么吗?
Well… err… you know what they say…
嗯…呃…人们常说…
one good turn deserves another'.
“礼尚往来”。
One good turn deserves another'?
“礼尚往来”?
Are we talking about driving?
我们是在谈论开车吗?
There's no need to 'turn another corner',
我们不需要“再转一个弯”了,
we're already at my house.
我家已经到了。
No Feifei –
不,菲菲——
I mean when someone does something to help you,
我的意思是,当有人做了一些事帮助你时,
you should do something helpful in return.
你也应该帮他们做一些事作为回报。
Oh, is that right!
噢,是这样吗!
We had better hear some more examples of this phrase…
我们最好听几个关于这个短语的例子…
Do you mind doing the washing up?
你介意把碗洗了吗?
I did do all the cooking and one good turn does deserve another!
饭都是我做的,礼尚往来嘛!
Oh, OK then.
噢,那好吧。
Please can you help me with my homework,
你能帮我做作业吗,
I did yours last week and you know what they say:
我上周帮你做了,人们常说:
one good turn deserves another!
礼尚往来!
He helped me fix my car,
他帮我修车了,
so I was happy to let him borrow it if he needed to –
所以他需要用车的时候我很乐意借给他——
one good turn deserves another.
礼尚往来嘛。
So one good turn deserves another –
礼尚往来——
do someone a favour and they should return the favour.
帮别人一个忙,别人作为回报也应该帮你一个忙。
Hmm, I've been thinking Rob, you're right –
嗯,我一直在想啊罗布,你是对的,
you did me a kind favour and I should help you –
你很好心地帮了我一个忙,那我也应该帮你,
so how can I help?
所以我要怎么帮你呢?
Well, if you're sure Feifei –
嗯,如果你确定的话,菲菲,
I wondered if you could help me paint my house this weekend?
我想知道你这周末能帮我粉刷房子吗?
Help you paint your house?
帮你粉刷房子?
Not all of it –
并不是所有地方都要粉刷——
just the living room, the kitchen, the bathroom and the bedroom.
只粉刷客厅,厨房,浴室和卧室就好了。
That's not fair!
这不公平!
Rob, I'm sure one good turn deserves another of equal value –
罗布,我坚信礼尚往来应该是等值的,
giving me a lift home isn't the same as painting all you house!
让我搭便车送我回家和让我把你的房子全部粉刷一遍可不是等值的!
Oh, so the answer is 'no' then?
噢,所以你的回答是“不”了?
No!
不帮你!
Bye.
再见。
Erm… bye.
呃…再见。
And you can walk next time!
下次你就自己走着回来吧。