那个东西,那谁
Thingy
Hello Finn.
你好,芬恩。
Looking forward to another The English We Speak?
有没有很期待下一期地道英语?
Hi, Feifei!
嗨,菲菲!
Oh yes, always…
有啊,总是很期待…
Actually, before we begin,could you pass me the thingy?
其实,在我们开始之前,你可以把那个东西递给我吗?
Which thingy?
哪个东西?
The script?
稿子吗?
No, no - not the script.
不,不,不是稿子。
The thingy behind you…
你身后的那个东西…
Ah, you need a pen?
啊,你是要笔吗?
Here you go.
给你。
No.
不是。
I've got a pen actually.
事实上我已经有笔了。
Two pens.
两支笔。
I mean that… thingy over there…
我是说…那边那个东西…
Which thingy?
哪个东西?
Listen, I know this studio is a bit of a mess, isn't it?
听着,我知道演播室里有一点乱,是吧?
So if you keep saying 'thingy' we could be here all day!
所以如果你继续说“那个东西”的话,我们可能一整天都要待在这儿了!
Sorry, Finn.
对不起,芬恩。
’Thingy’ is a word which we sometimes use
我们有时会把“那个东西”这个词用在
when I can't remember or don't know the name of an object.
我们想不起来或是不知道一样东西名字的时候。
It is indeed.
确实。
And it can be used, informally,
在非正式场合中,这个词也可以用在
when you can't remember the name of a particular person too.
你不记得某个人名字的时候。
And it's today's expression, Feifei?
这就是我们今天要学的表达方式,对吧,菲菲?
Yes, why not?
是的,就是这个。
Thingy' is our word today in The English We Speak.
“那个东西”就是今天地道英语里我们要学的词。
Let's hear some examples of how it's used.
让我们来听几个例子,看看这个词是怎么用的吧。
You want a recipe for stew?
你想要炖汤的食谱吗?
Ask… thingy.
去问…那谁。
She was talking about a lovely one the other day.
那天她有说过一个很棒的食谱。
Sorry, I'm late for the meeting.
对不起,我开会迟到了。
Could you just pass me the thingy for my report…
你能帮我把那个东西递过来吗,我的报告要用…
I mean… the stapler?
我是说…订书机?
That's it!
就是它!
I was asking for the… stopwatch!
我要找的就是…计时器!
I need to time the programme, Finn.
我需要来对节目进行计时,芬恩。
No, you don't.
不,不必了。
The programme is over.
节目结束了。
And this stopwatch shouldn't really be here.
还有,这个计时器不该放在这儿的。
It belongs to… to… he was looking for it the other day.
这是…是…他那天一直在找这个计时器。
Belongs to…?
是…?
It belongs to… thingy.
是…那谁的。
Come one, Finn.
你也用到这个词了,芬恩。
It belongs to Rob.
这是罗布的。
I'll return it to him!
我会还给他的!
Bye!
再见!