婚礼之日
The wedding day
Hello and welcome to English at Work where the day has finally come –it’s Anna and Tom’s wedding.
大家好,欢迎来到职场英语,这个日子终于到了--这个日子就是Anna 和 Tom的婚礼日。
All their friends, work colleagues and business acquaintances are there… such as Mr Lime…
所有他们的朋友,工作的同事和生意上的熟人都在这里...比如 Lime先生...
Fantastic Anna, fantastic!
太棒了 Anna,太棒了!
(whispering) Yuk, Slimey Limey, I never liked him.
(低语) Yuk, Slimey Limey,我从来就不喜欢他。
Sorry about the venue Anna – but it’s all we could get at short notice.
对于地点很抱歉Anna--这是我们短时间内所有能做到的了。
I think the office at Tip Top Trading is an ideal place for a wedding and besides the…
我觉得Tip Top Trading的办公室是举行婚礼的理想场地,除了...
Anna! My favourite girl. I got here as fast I could.
Anna!我最喜欢的女孩儿。我尽我最快的速度到这儿的。
I thought I was the only man for you but I guess Tom has stolen that title!
我原以为我是你唯一的男人,但是我想Tom偷了这个称号!
Your choice Anna, your choice!
是你的选择 Anna,你的选择!
Oh hello Mr Socrates, this is a nice surprise. Come over here and say hello to Tom.
Oh你好,Socrates先生,这是一份惊喜。来这和Tom打个招呼。
Hey Tom.
Hey Tom.
Oh hello Mr S. Nice to see you.
Oh S.先生你好,很高兴见到你。
You’re not doing any firing today are you?
今天你不会再做解聘的事情,是吧?
Of course not Tom. In fact, as a kind of wedding present, I wondered if you wanted a new job?
当然不会Tom.实际上,作为婚礼的礼物,我在想你是否想要一份新工作?
I'm offering you a chance to manage my new office in Paris.
我现在给你提供个机会,在我巴黎的新办公室出任经理。
Me?! Manager… in Paris! Well Mr S…
我吗?!经理....在巴黎!S.先生...
(coughs) Tom… aren’t we about to get married… start a life together?
(咳嗽)Tom...我们一会要结婚了不是...要一起开始生活?
Oh yes.. erm, thanks Mr S for you kind offer but I will have to decline.
是的...呃 谢谢你S.先生提供的机会但是我必须放弃。
I'm about to spend the rest of my life with this wonderful woman.
我准备和这位漂亮的女士共度余生。
Ladies and gentlemen, please could you take your seats.
女士们先生们,请坐好。
The marriage ceremony is about to begin.
婚礼仪式马上开始。
Do you Anna Jane Wijaya...
Anna Jane Wijaya你...
…out the way, give me that paper.
...借过,把文件给我。
(Clears throat) Do you Anna Jane Wijaya take Tom Brian Farquhar Darcy (everyone sniggers)… to be your lawfully wedded husband?
(清清嗓子)Anna Jane Wijaya你要把Tom Brian Farquhar Darcy(所有人窃笑)作为你的合法丈夫吗?
To have and to hold from this day forward?
从今以后相互扶持吗?
Ermm, errr…
呃呃,呃
Come on Anna. This is the most important phrase in the whole series! It’s ‘I do’!
快点Anna。这是整个仪式最重要的话!是“我愿意!”
Oh yes, of course… I do
Oh是的,当然...我愿意。
And do you, Tom Brian Farquhar Darcy…
你呢,Tom Brian Farquhar Darcy...
…it's a deal… I do. Come on Anna, give us a kiss.
...这是个约定...我愿意。过来Anna,亲一个。
Oh Denise!
Oh Denise!
Ahh. It looks like Tom has signed the best contract of his career but not without these phrases:
Ahh。看来Tom已经签署了他职业生涯最好的合同用这些短语:
Thank you for your kind offer but I will have to decline
谢谢你的好意,但我必须放弃。
It's a deal
这是一个约定
I do!
我愿意!
Thanks to everyone for making this a special day.
谢谢大家让今天变成一个特殊的日子。
If it wasn't for Tip Top Trading I wouldn't be starting a new life as Mrs Wijaya-Darcy.
如果不是 Tip Top Trading ,我不会以Wijaya-Darcy的身份开始崭新的生活。
Wijaya-Darcy? Shouldn't it just be Mrs Darcy?
Wijaya-Darcy?它不是就是Darcy夫人吗?
I'm the boss now Tom at work… and at home!
我是Tom工作上...和家里的老板!
Congratulations to Anna and Tom.
祝贺Anna和Tom。
We have a happy ending – let’s hope Anna’s journey has inspired you to learn English at work.
这是一个幸福的结局--让我们期望Anna之旅能激励你学习职场英语。
Bye!
再见!