电影院礼仪
Cinema etiquette
This is 6 Minute English from the BBC. I'm Rob…
这里是BBC6分钟英语。我是Rob...
And I'm Neil.
我是Neil。
Today we're talking about something we must all have an opinion on – it's cinema etiquette.
今天我们谈论的话题大家肯定有自己的想法--就是电影院里的礼节问题。
In other words, what is the right way to behave when you go to see a film at the cinema?
换句话说,当你在电影院看电影的时候你认为那种表现方式是对的呢?
Yes, the cinema, the movies or the multiplex.
是的,电影院、电影还是多映厅?
How we behave there is different from how we behave when we’re watching a film at home – but some people seem to forget that, don't they Rob?
表现要不同于我们在家里看电影--但有些人貌似忘记这个了,对吧,Rob?
Yes, some people treat the cinema like their own homes.
是的,有些人把电影院当作自己的家。
They forget other people are sitting around them.
他们忘了周围还有人在。
But I'll save my moaning for later when I'll also be explaining some behaviour and cinema-related vocabulary.
但我会拯救我的呻吟,稍后我还会解释一些行为和和电影有关的词汇。
How about a question first Rob?
首先来问个问题吧Rob?
A good idea.
好主意。
This question is for you Neil.
这个问题是问你的Neil。
Most of us like to take a box of popcorn into the cinema, but according to the Guinness World Records, which country was the biggest ever box of popcorn served in?
我们很多人都喜欢去电影院的时候带着一盒爆米花,根据吉尼斯世界记录,世界上最大的一盒爆米花是哪个国家的?
Was it in:
是:
a) Finland
a)芬兰
b) Croatia
b)克罗地亚
c) The USA
c)美国
I don't know but I'm going to guess that it's the USA because they like things to be big in America!
我不知道但我猜是美国,因为美国人喜欢大包装的从西。
They do don't they.
他们是真的喜欢吧,不是吗?
I'll reveal the answer at the end of programme.
我会在节目的结尾揭晓答案。
Now back to our discussion about cinema etiquette.
现在回到我们刚才关于电影院礼仪的话题。
When I go to see a film, all I want is a comfortable seat and to be able to see and hear the film.
我去看电影的时候我所需要的仅仅是一张舒适的椅子,一场能够听到、看到的电影而已。
I don't want distractions!
我不想分神!
You mean people who disturb your enjoyment of the film – by talking or moving about?
你的意思是说人们说话或走动会打断你对电影的兴致?
People eating really annoys me – I hate the rustle of sweet wrappers and the crackle of a crisp packet.
吃东西真的是让我生气--我讨厌糖纸的沙沙声和薯片的啪啪声。
It's messy too.
同时也很脏乱。
And what's worse is people who turn the auditorium – the place where we all sit – into their own personal dining room!
更糟的是大厅我们坐的地方变成了私人餐厅!
Of course your munching popcorn is fine, isn't it Rob?!
当然你嚼着的爆米花很好,不是吗Rob?
But to really appreciate the surround-sound and clear digital projection you need awell-behaved audience.
但想要一个你想要的环绕声和清晰的数字投影环境,你需要有素质的观众。
Not like the audience that one radio presenter complained about on his show.
不喜欢观众电台主持人可以在他的节目里抱怨。
This was the BBC radio presenter Simon Mayo.
这是BBC电台主持人 Simon Mayo。
Here he is telling film critic, Mark Kermode, about an annoying moment at a film screening he went to.
这里他将告诉大家影评人 Mark Kermode他去看影院看电影的一个恼人的时刻。
Can you hear what happened?
你听到发生什么了吗?
A new low was reached, as the women in front of me gets the phone out, standard thing, so sending messages that kind of stuff,
一个新的低沉的声音响起,在我前面的女士拿出手机,标准的东西,发送短信之类的,
and then has an app on her phone which turns her phone into a mirror, OK.
然后她用手机上的应用程序将她的手机变成了一面镜子,好吧。
And then with her colleague or member of family's torch app on their phone, proceeds to do her makeup during the movie!
然后不知道是她的同事还是家人用她手机上的手电筒应用,在看电影期间化起了妆!
That, my friend, is extraordinary.
这...我的朋友,是非常特别的。
Unbelievable!
难以置信啊!
So Simon said that he sat behind a woman who, during the film, got her mobile phone ou
所以Simon说他坐在一位在看电影期间拿出手机的女士之后
Well that's quite common –
好吧,这是很常见的啊
lots of people now use their phones while watching a film –
很多人在看电影的时候都会用手机--
we call it 'dual screening' – looking at two screens at the same time.
我们称为“双屏”--在同一时间看着两个屏幕。
But the phone wasn't for texting or checking messages – but to use an app to turn the phone into a mirror.
但是手机并不是用来收发短信的--而是利用应用将手机变成镜子。
Then, using the torch on her friend's phone, she used the mirror to do her makeup
然后,拿着她朋友手机上的手电筒,照着镜子化妆。
A 'new low' in cinema etiquette!
一种新的低端电影礼仪!
It's bad manners and I wonder why she even bothered going to the cinema.
这是一种不礼貌的行为,我不知道为什么她还要去电影院看电影。
I don't think mobile phones at the cinema are a good idea.
我认为在电影院拿手机不是一个好主意。
The radio presenters would agree.
那位电台主持人会同意你的说法的。
They have already drawn up a code of conduct for moviegoers –
他们为观众已经制定好了行为规则。
a list of rules on how people should behave at the cinema.
有一系列的准则给在电影院看电影的人看的。
Well, according to this code, there's one disgusting thing that really shouldn't be done.
根据这个准则,有一件让人恶心的事确实不应该做。
See if you can hear what it is…
看一下你是否能够听到是什么...
No shoe removal.
不准脱鞋。
You are not in your own front room.
你不是在你自己的房间面前。
A cinema is a public space, keep your bodily odours to yourself!
电影院是公共场所,保持自己身上的气味!
Well said! Simon says don't take off your shoes – keep your odours – that's your smells – to yourself.
说得好!Simon说不准脱鞋子--保持自己身上的味道、
He says you are not at home!
他说这不是在你家!
Amongst their other big bugbears – or annoying things – are slurping drinks –
在他们的另一大难题——或者恼人的事情——喝饮料
that’s drinking noisily - arriving late, and talking during the film.
和饮料的声音很刺耳--来晚了,还在电影院里一直说话。
Yes, that's a big no-no for me – I really don’t like that.
是的,这真的是一个很难让我接受的事--我真的不喜欢那样。
It really breaks my concentration.
这真的会打断我的注意力。
And then there are parents who bring their noisy kids.
还有父母带着哭闹的孩童来的。
Well that's OK if it's a special child-friendly screening but not if the film is unsuitable for children –
这是可以的如果这是一个特殊的对小孩友好的电影,但如果这电影不适合孩子---
the parents are just using the cinema as a babysitter!
父母就仅仅把电影院当作是保姆了!
There is one chain of cinemas in the UK that is offering child-free cinema-going, and another is trying out a ban on popcorn.
在英国有一个连锁影院不允许带孩子观看电影,而另一个是尝试禁止爆米花。
Sounds like a good idea to me.
听起来对我是件好事。
Yes, especially if the box of popcorn is as big as the one I asked you about earlier.
是的,尤其是爆米花像我之前问你的那么大就好了。
According to the Guinness World Records, which country was the biggest box of popcorn ever served in?
根据吉尼斯世界记录,世界上哪个国家的爆米花最大?
Was it: a) Finland
是:a)芬兰
b) Croatia
b)克罗地亚
c) The USA
c)美国
And I said the USA.
我选得是USA 美国。
You are wrong actually.
实际上你回答错了、
The largest box of popcorn was made in Croatia with a volume of 52.59m? (cubic metres).
世界上最大的一盒爆米花发生是在克罗地亚,体积达 52.59立方米。
It was filled in 1 hour and 57 minutes at an event to mark the opening of a new multiplex cinema.
这发生在一家多媒体电影院开张典礼,装满共用1小时57分钟。
OK Neil, before this Oscar-winning programme ends, there's just time to remind us of some of the vocabulary that we've heard today:
好的Neil,这个奥斯卡获奖项目结束前,只有时间提醒我们今天听到的词汇:
Yes, we heard:
好的,我们听到了:
etiquette ;multiplex ;distractions
etiquette--礼仪 ;multiplex-多媒体 ;distractions--转移注意力
auditorium; surround-sound ;film critic
auditorium--观众席; surround-sound--立体声 ;film critic影评人
dual screening ;bad manners ;code of conduct
dual screening--同时看两个不同的屏幕 ;bad manners--不礼貌的行为 ;code of conduct--行为规则
bugbears ;slurping ;a big no-no
bugbears--让人棘手或生气的事 ;slurping--当喝东西的时候发出的巨大喝饮料的声音 ;a big no-no--绝大多数人不喜欢的东西
Thanks Neil, wonderful.
谢谢Neil,太棒了。
Well, we hope you've enjoyed today's programme.
好了,希望大家能够喜欢今天的节目。
Please join us soon again for 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English.
下次一定还要继续加入我们的BBC6分钟英语。
Now, do you fancy some popcorn?
现在 ,你想来些爆米花吗?
Yeah I do actually.
是的,我喜欢实际上。
And this drink's great! (slurping his drink)
这饮料真好喝!(喝饮料的声音)
Bye.
拜~