汤姆生气了
Tom's tantrum
Welcome back to the offices of Tip Top Trading where there’s a bit of confusion, Anna…
欢迎回到顶呱呱贸易公司办公室,不过这里遇到了点小困惑,安娜……
Yes?
怎么了?
I think Tom’s got the wrong end of the stick.
我觉得汤姆理解错你的意思了。
But I didn’t give him a stick.
可是,我并没有回复他什么啊。
No, no, I think there’s been a misunderstanding.
不,不,我是说,他好像误会你的意思了。
When you said your answer was ‘yes’, he thought you meant ‘yes, I’ll marry you!
你回答“是”的时候,他以为你的意思是,“好,我要嫁给你!”
Oh no!
哦,不!
I meant yes to the promotion.
但我当时的意思是,我同意接受升职。
Gosh, I’ve got to sort this out.
天啊,我的赶快解决这桩事。
Tom, Tom, hold on, please.
汤姆,汤姆, 先等等。
We can’t hang about Anna.
安娜,咱俩不能再等了。
Let’s fix a date.
咱们定个结婚日期吧。
Invite everyone-even Paul.
把每个人都邀请来,包括保罗。
No, no, we can’t.
不,不,我们不能。
You’re right, not Paul- he just talks about biscuits.
你说的也对,那就不邀请保罗了---他总是在谈论吃的问题。
No, I mean ‘no’, we can’t get married.
不,我的意思是,“不,我们不能结婚。”
I meant yes to the promotion.
我之前说“是”,同意的是升职这件事儿。
I can’t marry you.
我不能嫁给你。
What?
什么?
So when you said ‘yes’, you meant ‘no’?
那么,那说“是”的时候,其实意思是“不”?
Yes.
对,是这样的。
I see.
我明白了。
Right, that’s it, Anna.
好吧,那就这样吧,安娜。
I’ve made it very clear what I think about you and you… you… just throw it back in my face.
我已经把自己对你的一腔情愫表达的清清楚楚,而你却将我的情意原封不懂的甩回给我。
I’ve had enough… enough of you… enough of this company.
我受够了你,受够了这家公司。
I quit!
我要辞职!
Anna, I think he’s upset.
安娜,我想,他是生气了。
He’s having a tantrum.
他很生气。
A tantrum- is that serious?
他生气了---严重吗?
Not really.
也不是十分严重。
Maybe you need to calm him down and make him change his mind.
或许你需要让他冷静一下,让他转变心意。
Tell him ‘not to be too hasty’, ‘don’t rush into a decision’ and say ‘we can work this out’- you can, can’t you?
告诉他“别太着急”,“不要急着做决定”,跟他说“我们能把这件事处理好”---你能做到的,对不对?
I think I can.
我觉得我能做好。
Tom, please, don’t be too hasty.
汤姆,拜托,别那么着急。
Let’s talk about this.
咱们俩谈谈这件事。
We can work something out, just don’t rush into making a decision- (begging) please.
我们能把事情处理好,但就是别着急做决定啊---(乞求)拜托你啦。
You’re my best- my only- sales executive.
你是我最优秀--也是我唯一的--销售主管了。
Sorry Anna- I’m a free spirit.
对不起安娜---我是个思想自由的人。
I must go where the wind takes me.
我要顺着风的方向移动。
You’ve had your chance, now it’s mine.
你已经有了你的选择机会,现在,到了我选择的时候了。
I’m off.
我选择离开。
DOOR SLAMS SHUT
汤姆摔门而去。
Wow, I’ve never seen Tom be such a … man.
哇,我从来没见过汤姆这样……
Will this be the last time we ever see him?
这会是我们最后一次见到汤姆吗?
Here are some of the phrases Anna used to try and get Tom not to leave:
接下来是一些安娜用来劝说汤姆不要离开时所用的话:
Don’t be too hasty
别太着急了
Don’t rush into making a decision
不要着急做决定
We can work this out.
我们能把事情解决好的
DOOR OPENS
门又开开了
… erm, sorry, I just forgot to take my special mug.
额,不好意思,我刚才忘了拿我的杯子。
Bye.
再见啦。