过火
A step too far
Hello and welcome back to Tip Top Trading. New recruit Rachel has been making life difficult for Anna;
大家好,欢迎回到顶级贸易公司。新员工Rachel让Anna的生活不太好过。
she’s been making some bad business decisions. Let’s find out how Anna can save the day.
她总是做出不好的商业决策。一起来看看Anna如何反败为胜吧~
Right, we’ve definitely got to do something about Rachel… definitely… only, I'm a bit busy at the moment.
不行,我们得对Rachel做点什么,必须得做,但我现在有点忙。
Sorting out your dinner date are you Tom?! So Anna, have you spoken to Paul about this?
Tom,你还在选晚餐约会日啊?嘿,Anna,你和Paul说了吗?
Yes I have, but he didn’t do anything.
说了,可他啥也没做。
Hmm, well he is your boss so I think you’ve got to speak to him again. Take him some biscuits, that might get his attention.
恩,他是你的老板,所以我认为你应该再和他说一次。对了,带些饼干或许会引起他的注意哦~
Well, I’ll try.
好吧,我去试试。
Oh and keep notes so you have a record of your conversation.
哦,对了,别忘了把谈话记下来。
Denise, you’re amazing. But where have the pens gone to?
哇,Denise,你太了不起了!咦?我的笔哪去了?
That is strange – we all seem to be losing our pens. Here, use this old pencil.
这么奇怪,好像我们都丢笔了哎。给,你先用这支旧的吧。
Thanks.
谢谢。
Anna. Are you happy complaining officially about Rachel?
Anna,这样正式抱怨Rachel,你开心吗?
Not really but what else can I do? She’s been spoiling all the work I’ve been doing.
不怎么开心,可我又能怎样做呢?她总是把我的工作搞砸。
Yes she has. OK, well tell Paul the facts and tell him you want action.
那倒是。好了,我们把事实告诉Paul,然后采取行动吧。
OK. Right, here goes. (KNOCK ON DOOR)
恩,就这样。出发!(敲门)
Come in. (DOOR OPENS)
请进。(门开了)
Hi Paul. I really need to speak to you about Rachel. She really is messing things up…Paul?
嗨,Paul。我想和你谈谈Rachel的事。她总把事情搞砸。。。。Paul??
Sorry, just counting my biscuits. What were you saying? Rachel? Great girl, isn’t she?
啊,对不起,我查饼干来着。你刚刚说什么?Rachel?不错的女孩嘛~
No she’s not.
才不是呢。
Oh.
呃。
(Getting angry) Paul, she’s already sent out the wrong order and now she’s upset our new client.
(生气)Paul,她不仅把订单发错了,还把新客户惹生气了。
Plus, have you seen the way she dresses? I’m not happy and I think you’ve got to take some action.
再者,你看过她的打扮没?真是让人不爽,我觉得你得采取点措施。
Anna, you’re on fire! But stick to the facts, don’t get personal about Rachel.
Anna,你太激动了啊!要忠于事实,别带个人因素。
Well I’m sure Mr Socrates would disagree with you. Look, if she is as bad as you say then I’ll give you my permission to discipline her – give her a warning.
我确定Socrates先生不会同意你的观点。听我说,要是Rachel真像你说的那么坏,那我给你权力去警告她。
What! Me?
什么?让我去?
You know what’s she done wrong so tell her not to do it again…and besides, I’ve got an important meeting to go to…
是啊,因为你知道她做错了什么,告诉她别再犯错就行了。啊,还有,我要去参加一个重要会议。
and they usually have those delicious shortbread biscuits. So …I’ll leave it with you then? (DOOR SHUTS)
嘿嘿,通常会有很多美味小饼干呢~~就这样定了,我把问题交给你了啊~(关门)
What a useless boss! Anna are you happy about what to do next?
真是没用的老板!Anna,你愿意警告她吗?
Not really. What am I going to say?
不愿意,我怎么说啊?
It’s not easy but keep calm and professional and say to Rachel, “you’ve made some serious mistakes” and “you need to consult me before you contact any of our clients.”
确实很难讲,不过你要保持冷静,做到专业。就对Rachel说“你犯了几个很严重的错误”、“下次联系客户前,你要向我咨询。”
Give her a verbal warning saying “These mistakes cannot happen again, otherwise I will have to refer the matter to someone higher.”
对了,再给她个口头警告“这些错误绝对不能再发生,否则我会让更高一层的人处理”。
This may lead to disciplinary action but it may be for the best.
这么说可能会被处分,不过这是最好办法了。
Oh it’s all very serious but I suppose I’ve got to do it.
好吧,虽然很严重,但我只能照做了。
Good luck!
好运哦~
Anna! Darling! What’s wrong? I saw Paul and he said you’re in a bit of a mood.
哦,Anna,亲爱的,发生什么事了?我刚刚看见Paul了,她说你心情不太好。
It’s not a mood Rachel. Can we talk please…now?
这不是心情的问题。Rachel,我能现在和你谈谈吗?
Yeah sure. Let’s sit here, shall we – not in that chair – that’s my favourite.
啊,当然可以,坐吧。等下,别坐那把椅子,那可是我的最爱。
Rachel, I wanted to let you know that you’ve made some serious mistakes.
Rachel,我想让你知道你犯了几个很严重的错误。
(sarcastically) Oh!
(讽刺地)哦!
You have really upset our new client – and you think it’s ok to sell second hand plastic oranges.
你不仅惹恼了新客户,还认为出售二手塑料桔子没问题。
Calm down. It's business, darling.
亲爱的,冷静点,这是做生意嘛~
It’s not good business Rachel. These mistakes cannot happen again. If they do I will have to take matters higher and it could result in disciplinary action.
但它不是好生意,Rachel。这些错误绝对不能再发生了,否则我会让更高一层的人处理,到时真对你纪律处分的话,我也没办法。
Oh! You’re quite scary for a short girl.
切!你这个矮个子,还挺吓人。
That was unnecessary! But well done Anna for keeping cool and calm in a difficult situation.
不用管它!Anna,做的不错嘛,艰难情况下竟能如此沉着冷静。
Let’s hope Rachel has got the message. Here is a reminder of the phrases you could use when giving someone a verbal warning…
希望Rachel听懂了你的意思。好了,下面给大家介绍几个口头警告语。
You’ve made some serious mistakes
你犯了几个很严重的错误。
You need to consult me before you contact any of our clients
下次联系客户前,你要向我咨询。
These mistakes cannot happen again otherwise I will have to refer the matter to someone higher.
这些错误绝对不能再发生,否则我会让更高一层的人处理。
Let’s find out how Rachel is behaving.
一起去看看Rachel的行为吧~
Ah hello, Rachel.
嗨,Rachel。
Tommy boy. Come and give me a hug. (SOUND OF PENS FALLING OUT OF HANDBAG) Opps!
嗨,Tom。快过来抱一下。(钢笔掉出背包的声音)啊!
Our pens! All our pens! You’ve been stealing them! Rachel!
钢笔?我们的钢笔?!Rachel,你竟然偷我们的钢笔!
(DOOR OPENS) What’s going on? I say, what are all those pens doing on the floor?
(门开了)发生什么事了?这些笔怎么放在地上?
They’re from Rachel’s handbag. She’s been stealing them!
是从Rachel的包里掉出来的。她偷我们的钢笔!
What? The company’s pens? Right, well, I need to see you in my office please Rachel, now…if you don’t mind.
什么??公司的钢笔?好的,Rachel,如果你不介意的话,现在来我办公室一趟。
Gasp!
呜!
So Rachel is the pen thief! What does this mean for her job at Tip Top Trading? Find out next time. Until then, bye!
这么说来,Rachel是盗笔贼?那她在顶级贸易公司怎么工作啊?请在下期节目中寻找答案吧,拜拜~