无火不成烟
No smoke without fire
Tom?
Tom?
Here.
Anna?
Anna?
Here Denise.
我在,Denise。
And Paul?
Paul呢?
Yes, yes I'm here and there's no need to panic.
我也在,大家不要惊慌。
That was just a fire drill – a practice.
刚才只是消防演习。
Phew, Tip Top Trading is safe – for now.
呼,顶级贸易公司暂时安全了
It was just a fire drill.
刚才是消防演习。
What a busy day this is turning out to be.
这一天可真是忙啊。
Hey Anna,
嘿,Anna,
remember next time it could be for real so are you happy about what to say if you have to take charge?
记住,下一次可能就是真的了,如果到时候让你主导整个局面你会高兴吗?
Oh, not really.
才不会呢。
Just keep calm and say things like:
只要保持冷静,然后这样说就可以啦:
There's no need to panic.
大家不需要惊慌。
Please leave the building and meet outside.
请离开室内,到外面集合。
Use the stairs not the lift.
请走楼梯,不要用电梯。
And when you're outside,
当你到了外面之后,
you could say: is anybody missing?
你可以说:有谁还没到?
OK, thanks,
好的,谢谢,
but I hope I'll never need to use them.
但是希望我永远不会用到它们。
Well done everyone.
大家都做得很好。
Hopefully you all know what to do in the unlikely event of a real fire.
虽然真正的火灾发生几率很小,但还是希望大家都能知道到那时该怎么做。
Now, to celebrate,
好的,为了奖励大家的表现,
I'm off to buy some really nice biscuits for all of us –
我去买一些特别好吃的点心来分给大家——
you know, those special double-choc ones.
就是那种特别的双层巧克力点心。
Back to work everyone.
好了,大家回去工作吧。
Honestly!
老实说!
I was in the middle of an important call.
我正在打一个非常重要的电话。
Yeah, and you never got see those firemen in action, did you Denise?
是啊,而且你再也不能看见那些帅哥消防员了,是吧Denise?
Look at the time.
看看都几点了。
I really need to get on with my work.
我要赶紧去做我的工作了。
Yeah, and I've got to check on the latest football…
是啊,我也要去查一下最新的足球……
I mean share prices.
我的意思是股票价格。
Hold on, can anyone smell smoke?
等一下,大家闻没闻到一股烟味?
I don't believe it!
天哪,真不敢相信!
The fire alarm's gone off again.
火警又响了。
I'll call you back Marge.
Marge,我一会再打给你。
Oh, where's Paul when you need him?
天哪,Paul上哪去了?关键时刻总找不到他。
Anna, you're going to have to take charge.
Ann,你来接管。
Me? What about Tom?
我?让Tom来吧?
It looks like Tom has gone already.
看起来Tom早已经走了吧。
Remember Anna,
记住,Anna,
use those phrases to keep everyone calm and informed about what to do.
用那些我教给你的句子来让大家保持冷静,并告诉他们该怎么做。
OK. Err… there's no need to panic.
好的。呃……大家不要惊慌。
Please leave the building and meet outside.
请离开室内,到外面集合。
Hold on,
等等,
I just need to grab my elephant dung notepad and red pen.
我要拿着我的象粪笔记本和红笔。
Come on then Anna, into the lift.
来吧Anna,进电梯。
No Denise.
不行,Denise。
We must use the stairs not the lift.
我们不能用电梯,只能走楼梯。
Oh, with my knees!
噢,我的膝盖!
Jump up Denise, I'll carry you.
来Denise,我来背你。
Could I have your attention please.
大家请注意。
Louder Anna. This is urgent!
声音大点,Anna。这可是紧要事!
Could I have your attention please!
大家听我说!
I need your full attention.
请大家配合。
Please stay calm.
现在先冷静下来。
I'm sure there's not a fire,
我敢确定没发生火灾,
just a bit of smoke.
只是有些烟。
Is there anybody missing?
有人没到吗?
Well, there's no smoke without fire, hey Tom!
好吧,无火不起烟,喂,Tom呢!
Tom? Tom? Has anyone seen Tom?
Tom?Tom?有人看见Tom了吗?
That's Tom coming out of the building and he's carrying someone on his shoulder!
快看,那是Tom刚从门口跑出来,还背着一个人!
It's Mr Ingle from the warehouse!
那是库房的Ingle先生!
It's OK everyone…
没事了……
I've put the fire out…
我已经把火灭了……
it was in the warehouse.
在库房。
Mr Ingle had been smoking.
Ingle先生吸烟引发的。
Mr Ingle!
Ingle先生!
Err… yeah… sorry.
呃……是的……对不起。
Sorry indeed!
他是真的需要赔礼道歉啊!
Mr Ingle's in serious trouble now.
Ingle先生现在是真的有麻烦了。
But well done Anna for dealing with that emergency and getting everyone out of the building.
不过Anna处理这次紧急事件做的还是很到位的,她让每个人都安全走出了办公室。
Here are some of the phrases she used:
她用到了这些句子:
There's no need to panic.
大家不需要惊慌。
Please leave the building and meet outside.
请离开室内, 到外面集合。
Use the stairs not the lift.
请走楼梯,不要坐电梯。
And when you're outside, you could say:
当你走出来之后,可以说:
Is anybody missing?
有人没到吗?
Seems like Tom is a bit of a hero.
看来Tom今天是做了一回英雄。
He has his uses!
他还是有自己的长处的!
But hold on, who's this?
等一下,这个人是谁?
Say Honey, looks like I've come at a good time.
嘿,亲爱的,看来我来的不是时候啊。
Have you seen a guy called Paul round here?
你看没看到一个叫Paul的人?
He's not here,
他现在不在这里,
he's gone to buy some… err… biscuits.
他去买……呃……买点心去了。
Can I help?
需要我帮忙吗?
Yeah sugar.
是的,亲爱的。
I'm Mr Socrates,
我是Socrates先生,
Paul's boss and I've come to sort this business out.
Paul的老板,我是来处理这件事的。
Mr Socrates!
Socrates先生!
Oh no!
噢,不!
The head of the company's in town.
公司老板来了。
This means trouble.
这意味着有麻烦了。
See you next time.
大家下回见。