别慌!
Don't panic
Hello, welcome back to Tip Top Trading where everyone is gossiping about Paul’s announcement that Anna is to lead the company’s new stock management system for the new laser-curved fruit.
大家好,欢迎来到顶级贸易公司。大家现在正在讨论Paul宣布让Anna来负责公司新型激光曲线系列水果的库存管理系统的事。
Yes Anna…
没错,就是Anna……
the new girl…
那个新来的女孩……
she’s done really well although I don’t know what experience she’s got….
她干的很不错,但是我不知道她到底有没有这方面的经验……
anyway, about the hairdresser you mentioned, oh I loved his aftershave…
不过别说,你告诉我的那个理发造型师,我可真喜欢他刮完胡子的样子……
I can’t understand it.
我真不明白。
I’ve got all the experience and all the ideas…she’s just such a…
我才是那个有经验、有想法的人……而她只不过是个……
Tom. Sorry to interrupt,
Tom,不好意思打扰一下,
I just wanted to check you’re ok with me leading this strategy for stock management.
我想知道你是否介意由我来负责这个库存管理系统的策划方案。
Oh of course not.You deserve it.
我当然不介意,这是你应得的。
That was a nice touch Anna.
干得不错,Anna。
But Tom, now you must help me.
不过Tom,现在你可一定要帮我。
Eh?!
啊?!
Anna! That’s not the best way to ask for help.
Anna!请人帮忙可不能这样说啊。
Remember what I’ve always told you about politeness?
你难道忘了我总是告诉你要礼貌吗?
Be polite – yes you keep telling me that.
礼貌——没错,你一直在提醒我这方面的事。
And if you want someone to help you, ask them,
如果你需要帮助,你要请求、询问别人,
don’t tell them – even if it is Tom!
而不是直接告诉他们——就算他是你的同事Tom也不能这样随意!
Oh right. I’m in a bit of a panic.
好吧。我刚才是太慌了。
I’ve never done this before.
我以前从没做过这方面的工作。
I don’t know where to begin.
我不知道该怎么开始。
Well start by asking your colleagues for help like this:
好,跟我学学怎样用合适的话来向你的同事请求帮助吧:
I would be most grateful if you could give me some help
如果您能帮我一下我将万分感激。
Please could I ask you for some advice?
请问您能给我一些建议吗?
I know you’re busy but could you spare me a few minutes of your time please?
我知道您很忙,不过您能不能给我几分钟的时间?
Go on, give it a try!
来吧,Anna,试一下!
Right, thanks. I'll try.
好的,谢谢,我来试试。
Erm, excuse me Tom. Sorry about earlier.
呃,对不起Tom。刚才我太着急了。
I’m a little nervous about leading this strategy thing and I would be most grateful if you could give me some help….please?
关于负责这次的方案我有点紧张,不过如果你能帮帮我我将万分感激,好吗?
Of course Anna.
没问题,Anna。
Why didn’t you say, I’d be delighted.
之前你怎么不说呢,我很乐意帮你。
I’ve lost count of the number of projects I’ve lead over the years.
我都记不清这几年我都负责过多少这种项目了呢。
Great, thanks.
太棒了,谢谢你。
So…where do you think I should begin?
那么……我应该从哪开始着手呢?
Give me a few minutes and I’ll find some of the excellent work I did last year.
给我几分钟,让我给你找找去年我完成的几项出色的项目。
You’ll just need to copy it really. Hold on…
你只要拿去复印一下就好了。等一下……
Ah Anna…just popping out for some biscuits….
啊,Anna……出来吃点点心吧……。
err, how’s the stock management strategy coming along?
对了,库存管理系统的方案你做的怎么样了?
Oh very good Paul….
恩,一切顺利,Paul……
actually, please could I ask you for some advice?
不过,如果你能给我点建议就更好了。
Yes of course….
没问题……,
although I don’t know if I’ll be much use!
虽然我不知道我的建议到底有没有用!
…now where did I save those damn documents?…
……我到底把那些该死的文件存哪了?……
I’m very grateful for this opportunity but I’m a little unsure of where to start.
我很感激您能给我这次机会,不过我还不是太清楚到底该从哪开始。
Tom is looking for some his old work but…
Tom正在帮我找一些他曾经做过的项目,但是……
Really?!
是吗?!
To be honest, this isn’t Tom’s speciality.
不过说实话,那可不是Tom的专长啊。
At a time like this I would ask Denise.
这种问题我一般都会问Denise的。
Denise!?
Denise!?
Yes…she may only be the office assistant but she always has words of wisdom.
是啊……虽然她只是办公室助理,但有时候她说的话还蛮有道理的。
Right…custard creams of chocolate digestives?
对了……来点蛋奶巧克力全麦饼干?
What?
什么?
Biscuits?
点心?
Oh…custard creams please.
噢,蛋奶饼干吧。
Err, Denise, I know you’re busy but could you spare a few minutes of your time please?
呃,Denise,我知道你很忙,不过能打扰你几分钟时间吗?
Of course Anna, always happy to help you.
好啊Anna,需要帮忙随时找我好了,我很乐意。
Well you know the stock management control system?
恩,你知道库存管理控制系统吗?
The one you’ve now got to work out…well done for getting that!
你正在负责的那个嘛……恭喜你得到这个机会!
Thanks.
谢谢。
It was OK writing it down for Paul but how do I put it in to practice?
让我给Paul写点建议是没问题,但是我该怎么把它们付诸实践呢?
There’s just too much to do!
有太多事情要做了!
Calm down Anna. You’ll be fine.
冷静,Anna。你没问题的。
The first thing you need to do is to look at our current system.
首先,你要做的第一件事情就是先去看看我们现有的管理系统。
Look at our current system.
看看我们现在的系统。
How do I do that?
我该怎么做?
Easy!
很容易啊!
Just take the lift down to the warehouse and speak to Mr Ingle and then write down what you find –
坐电梯下去到仓库,和Ingle先生聊聊然后写下你了解到的东西——
and draw up an action plan of tasks you need to do –
再写一份你需要执行的行动计划——
like a shopping list – I’m very good at those.
就像写购物清单那样——这个我可是很在行噢。
Go and see Mr Ingle?
去找Ingle先生?
Oh do I have to.
天啊,我真的要去吗。
He’s ok really Anna.
他人还不错啦,Anna。
If you approach him in the right way he won’t bite your head off!
只要你接触他的方式没错,他是不会咬下你的头来的!
What? Bite my head off!
什么?咬下我的头!
Oh…well, if he won’t bite me…
噢,好吧,只要他别咬我……
then I suppose I should go and see him.
我想我应该去见见他
Thanks for your advice Denise, I could kiss you.
谢谢你告诉我这些Denise,真想亲亲你。
Right, I’m going to go and see him right now.
好的,我现在就去见他。
Make an action plan!
写一份行动计划!
A good idea.
好主意。
Well done Denise, you’re smarter than you look!
干得好Denise,原来你比看起来要聪明呢!
And well done Anna, you eventually got the help you needed by using these phrases:
你也干得不错,Anna,也总算用上了这些句子来请求别人的帮助:
I would be most grateful if you could give me some help
如果您能帮我个帮我将万分感谢。
Please could I ask you for some advice?
请问您能不能给我些建议?
I know you’re busy but could you spare me a few minutes of your time please?
我知道您很忙,不过能不能耽误您几分钟时间?
Remember, if you’re stuck for ideas just ask for help…
记住,如果你一时想不出办法,可以向别人寻求帮助……
I wonder how he’s getting on?
我想知道Tom那边找的怎么样了?
Here Anna, I’ve got them.
给你,Anna,我找到了。
Look, all my ideas from my last stock control project…
你看,这些就是我上一个库存管理项目里想出的点子……
pages and pages of them.
好多好多页呢。
Just copy these, they’re brilliant.
复印一下就可以用了,这些材料棒极了。
Anna? Anna!
Anna? Anna!
…too late, I’ve just seen her in the lift.
……太晚了,我刚才看她进电梯了。
Fancy a custard cream Tom?
想不想来点蛋奶饼干,Tom?
So Anna is off to speak to the prickly Mr Ingle.
好的,现在Anna正在坐电梯下去找不容易对付的Ingle先生谈话。
Let’s hope she uses those phrases to ask for help,
希望她能用到那些求助的好句子,
otherwise she might get her head bitten off –
要不然,她的头会被咬掉的——
and it could get very messy!
那可就麻烦了!
See you next time.
下次见啦!